Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Choice of Magics, by Kevin Gold is another one of the Choose Your Own Adventure RPGs in the Choice of Games catalog.

If you haven't seen any of these before, these are basically Choose Your Own Adventure RPGs. You make decisions about what your character does, and you can cultivate various skills and abilities which determine how things play out. For the purposes of the LP whenever we get to a choice the thread gets to vote on it (usually in bold), but for expediency I will gloss over some things and/or have the thread vote on a batch of choices at once.

If the name Kevin Gold sounds familiar, you may have seen playthroughs of his other works here on this forum.

-Choice of Alexandria, a tale of an academic advisor to the royal family in Alexandria during the Classic era.
-Choice of Robots, a tale of an inventor and their newly-created robot. One of the best games in the collection.

Choice of Magics in particular is a tale of a young explorer of the wastelands whose discovery of old tomes amidst hidden ruins lets them learn the lost magics of the ancients.

Do not spoil anything we haven't passed yet, at least for the first time around.

If you're interested in playing along, you can find it on the Choice of Games website, Steam, Apple Store, Google Play or Amazon.

So, let the adventure begin!

quote:

You push yourself out the window of an ancient classroom, clutching a musty tome of vivomancy magic, and land with a roll on the cobblestone path below.

Above you, it seems to be night, and you're momentarily confused: how are you seeing stars, when stars have been obscured by clouds for over two thousand years? But then you realize the twinkling lights must be flecks of quartz in the rocky ceiling above, reflecting the light of the magical streetlamps below.

Those streetlamps continued to shine even when the Neighbors' magic pulled this academy underground. They shone underground, while above ground, Abraxas walked the earth and declared that magic was forbidden. They illuminated this ancient place of learning, while everywhere else, wizards were put to the sword.

You still can't believe your luck in finding this academy before the Church did. When you and Tal began following her bounty, a great burrowing wurm, you had no idea it would burrow all the way to this sunken academy and its long-buried treasures. Tal slew the wurm, and its final thrashes collapsed the tunnel behind you—but apparently not before an inquisitor followed you inside as well. He must have been shadowing you until you got your hands on this tome of magic, whereupon he shouted that you were under arrest—and here you are, more or less.

You have no idea how the inquisitor found you in the first place. Sometimes the Church has an uncanny knack for knowing things. You're not a wizard yet, but you're not sure the inquisitor cares about this technicality. He probably wants you dead.

Tal prepares to jump from the same second-floor window you did. Her fingers move to her eye patch, as if she's worried she will misjudge the distance. She hesitates a moment too long, and the inquisitor's crossbow bolt lodges itself in her leg. Tal grunts in pain, leaps forward with her good leg, and lands ungracefully, faltering because of the wound.

"Are you all right?" you ask her.

"Meh." Gritting her teeth, Tal jerks the bolt out from between the pieces of her black leather armor, ignoring the trickle of blood that results. "I'm fine, but I might have a little trouble climbing up to that open window over there. Which is too bad, because it seems like our best escape route." She nods to the tome in your hands. "Anything in there that can help?"

"I'm certain of it!" you say eagerly. You open up Praefata Vivomancia, or "Introduction to Vivomancy," the tome that you managed to peruse a bit before the inquisitor showed up. You recall the warning in the book's preface: the magic of life may have unintended consequences.

Well, isn't that true of everything in life?

Heal Tal's leg so we can keep running to the ancient dueling ground ahead where we can make our stand.
Sprout wings and carry Tal to a high dorm window, where something's glittering.
Part the wooden wall of the building next to us, dash inside, and reseal the wall.

It's time for your first spell. What will it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Let's go through the wall!

I'm excited to see what the goonmind does with this one. :neckbeard:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
WING

Poland Spring fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 22, 2019

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Edit: Wait, no, glitter means treasure. Let's wing it!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Wings. Now.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Till you take me, on your mighty wings across the sky... take me on your mighty wings tonight!

[thanks God for the chicken wire blocking the projectiles of those who don’t like my karaoke]

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: Sprout wings and carry Tal to a high dorm window, where something's glittering.

Flight and Treasure! How can we resist!!

@LightWarden: Thanks for posting this in the other thread, looking forward to seeing where this one goes!!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Wall Make sure the unintended consequences happen outside our bodies.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wall.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Looks like we travel in style!

quote:

Sprout wings and carry Tal to a high dorm window, where something's glittering.

"I think I can grow wings and carry you," you tell Tal. "One moment."

"Really?" Tal says, clearly surprised you could have learned to do such a thing in so short a time. But you concentrate instead on the music of nature, splaying your fingers toward the ground and willing the power of life to flow through you.

The smell of pine needles fills the air as a shaft of light connects your hand to the ground. In the light, you can see tiny living motes wriggling their way toward your hand. Your hand begins to glow red, and you urge its warmth to spread up your back and behind your shoulder blades, creating an expectant tingling.

You quickly flip to the page of your tome where you read about this transformation spell, then mutter the ancient words: "Aviana, aeroba, volanta, pluma!"

quote:

Immense pain courses through your back as two giant feathery wings erupt from behind your shoulder blades. You feel vaguely queasy as the spell cannibalizes your bones and hair to create these new appendages.

With your wings fully extended, the transformation ends. Tal can hardly contain her astonishment. Trying to flap the wings feels a little like trying to wiggle your ears when you don't know how. But when you get the wings to move, you're surprised at the force with which you are lifted. Your body is much lighter now.

Experimentally, you flap a bit more, and you are airborne. You giggle. You're flying! (Gained Vivomancy.) (+1 Vivomancy)

In the future, do you want to know when your skills change, as with this mention of gaining vivomancy?

Yes, show these changes. (Recommended.)
No, hide these changes.

I'll be showing off the mechanics whenever the game does (in italics like this), so we'll keep the stats on.

quote:

Hey, wait for me!" Tal says, grabbing your leg.

You quickly discover that while Tal is quite slender, she is nevertheless heavier than you expect—you flap your wings fruitlessly for a few moments. But the vivomancy magic is still coursing through you, so you urge a little more mass to go into your wing muscles. And that's enough: you lift off, carrying Tal.

A man in a white tabard appears in the window you came from, training a crossbow on Tal. Tal raises an arm to guard her face. The inquisitor fires, and the bolt ricochets off Tal's bracer.

Before the man can reload, you and Tal land inside the ancient dorm room.

"Whew," Tal says, and when you turn to look around, she gets a mouthful of wing. "Ptheh! Okay, maybe you could get rid of the giant wings now? I can't even see what's in here."

Somewhat reluctantly, you will your transformation to reverse itself. It's less painful this time around, or perhaps you've just acclimated to it. But it must have appeared painful, because Tal looks at you in concern.

"Are you all right?" she says.

"Fine," you say, panting. You think you somehow lost some mass in the process of growing and losing the wings. (Lost Fighting.) (Gained Subtlety.) (-1 Fighting, +1 Subtlety)

"Brave of you to be your own test subject," Tal says. "I thought you told me earlier that vivomancy could have unintended effects."

1. "I'm sure the downsides of magic have been highly exaggerated."
2. "I couldn't live with myself if I tried healing you and something went wrong."
3. "I'm a little disappointed I didn't sprout a third arm or something. But having wings was pretty fun."

Our spell worked, how do we feel about that?

Then it's time to figure out something about ourselves...

quote:

Tal lights a torch. At first, you think the dormitory room once belonged to a woman, judging from the rotting dresses in the closet, but the dresses seem large in the shoulders, and you recall tales of some men wearing feminine clothing in the ancient days. Regardless of biology, this student clearly put effort into looking feminine and fabulous, judging from the extensive cosmetics workstation.

"Hmph, maybe I should get ready for our date with the inquisitor," Tal says, wryly regarding the cosmetics station. You aren't sure whether Tal has ever used cosmetics in her life. Her hair turned silvery gray at a young age, and she refused to dye it. She keeps it in a short ponytail, probably lopping it off with a sword when it gets too long. Her pronounced cheekbones have a few scars from fights with monsters, but she has never applied any cosmetics to conceal them. You're not even certain a dress has ever graced her wiry frame. You know that Tal could put more effort into her appearance, but you're also fairly sure she doesn't give a drat.

Maybe Tal figures her appearance is a lost cause since she has to wear an eye patch. You think she'd be wrong about that, but you two don't talk about it.

What about you? What do you look like?

Bookish and spectacled.

quote:

Yes, you're a bit wan from spending so much time indoors reading, and a bit slight from spending all your money on books instead of snacks. (+2 Ancient History) But you do possess an item that stands out a bit. What's that?

1. A giant black floppy hat to go with my black robes.
2. I dress like a fairy-tale witch: giant black hat, black dress.
3. A hat with a big, jaunty feather.
4. A shimmering cloak.
5. Cute, clever skirts I stitched myself.
6. A brilliant green dress and an ancient pendant, both from my grandmother.
Rugged and adventurous.

quote:

You and Tal have been hiking together and fighting the monsters of the countryside since you were young. Your arms are well muscled, and your mud-spattered leather armor has seen better days. (+1 Fighting, Leather Armor)

What else is remarkable about your appearance?

7. I've been told I'm quite good-looking.
8. My beard is enormous.
9. My head is shaved, and my scalp has some intimidating tattoos.
10. I almost never cut my hair. It comes down to my ankles.
A snappy dresser, popular about town.

quote:

Though your parents are themselves of modest means, you've always thought that a good outfit is essential. A sharply dressed person can often make friends in unexpected places. (+1 Charisma) What exactly does your outfit look like right now?

11. A bright-yellow shirt and a large feathered hat.
12. The faux-military uniform of a noble duelist.
13. A long, emerald-green velvet dress and an antique pendant.
14. A cute skirt-and-blouse combination I designed myself.
I dress all in black.

quote:

You have always liked the idea of being one with the shadows. (+1 Subtlety)

What does your outfit specifically look like?

15. Black robes that once belonged to an ancient sorcerer.
16. A long black dress that once belonged to an ancient sorceress.
17. A black top hat, cane, formal tunic, breeches, and cape.
18. A tight black outfit that covers even my head and mouth.
19. A black headkerchief, black mask, and black tunic and breeches.

quote:

And what sort of pronouns and nouns do you prefer? (Why the royal titles? No reason….)

1. They/them/their/person/monarch.
2. She/her/her/woman/queen.
3. He/him/his/man/king.

What kind of adventurer are we?

Normally you'd choose first from the four categories (Bookish, Adventurous, Well-Dressed, Black-Clad) and then from one of the subcategories, but I've taken the liberty of combining the votes so you can see all your options before making up your mind.

To recap, you're voting on three topics- interaction with Tal, Appearance and pronouns.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
3, 19, 1

we're weird

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Poland Spring posted:

3, 19, 1

we're weird

We’re a mysterious magic ninja!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
2, 17, 3
We're a dapper man-about-town who cares about our friends.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
2,3,1 Need a hat

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3, 13, 2

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

1. "I'm sure the downsides of magic have been highly exaggerated."

12. The faux-military uniform of a noble duelist.

3. He/him/his/man/king.

Our initial interaction with magic says everything about us; we’re Magic Icarus reaching for the stars with an unshakable trust in our own magic and an eye for fashion.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
3, 11, 2 we need a sweet hat y'all

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Looks like we're going to be a good sport about things.

quote:

"I'm a little disappointed I didn't sprout a third arm or something. But having wings was pretty fun."

Choice of Magics

by Kevin Gold

Show Stats Restart Achievements Menu

Tal scoffs. "Three arms? Why think so small? Four arms is where it starts to get good. Carry twice the stuff."

"Applaud twice as loud," you say.

"Legendary hugs," Tal suggests.

"Epic high fives," you say.

"Double the damage," Tal says.

"Now that's just practical."

"I know, I was just thinking it the whole time, sorry."

You make a mental note: Banter is fun. Must do more banter. (Increased Humor.) (%+10 Humor = +5 Humor)

Choice of Games adventures can do a few different methods for altering your stats. There's flat addition and subtraction, but there's also an option called "fairmath" which is written in the code as "%+ N" or "%-N). It's a modification of a stat by a percentage, but it functions a little differently depending on if it's addition or subtraction.

Fair Addition: (x %+ y) = (x + (100-x)*(y/100))
Fair Subtraction: (x %- y) = (x - x*(y/100))

Basically, when you do a fairmath subtraction it takes that percentage from your score, while if you do a fairmath addition it adds the percentage of the difference between 100 and your score. So if you had a score of 10% and you had %+10 it would add 10% of the difference (90) so 9% and a new total of 19%, while if you had a score of 90% it would add 10% of the difference (10) so 1% and a new total of 91%. This means that addition has a bigger effect when your stat are low and a smaller effect when your stat is high, while subtraction has a smaller effect when your stat is low and a larger effect when your stat is high. This curves the number, effectively preventing it from reaching the absolute maximum or minimum of the score unless the game sets your score to that number (and also means you won't go over 100% or below 0%). Choice of Magics uses flat math for your skills and magical abilities, and fairmath for your personality and relationships.

I'm just mentioning it in case you're following along and wondering how they get some of these numbers.

Appearance-wise we've got a spread of votes here, with a tie between being dapper or black-clad but there are also some other votes which mentioned a desire for a sweet hat, so we're going to go with the dapper hat option.

quote:

A snappy dresser, popular about town.

Though your parents are themselves of modest means, you've always thought that a good outfit is essential. A sharply dressed person can often make friends in unexpected places. (Gained Charisma.) (+1 Charisma)

What exactly does your outfit look like right now?

A bright-yellow shirt and a large feathered hat.
The faux-military uniform of a noble duelist.
A long, emerald-green velvet dress and an antique pendant.
A cute skirt-and-blouse combination I designed myself.

quote:

You are rather proud of your jaunty look, especially your attention-grabbing hat, which you fashioned yourself. Occasionally, wags have joked that the giant peacock feather in your hat might pose a danger in a lightning storm. But you've heard that ancient wizards actually wanted to be struck by lightning in order to cast automation spells, so this supposed drawback has not deterred your debonair style. (Gained Automation.) (Gained Charisma.) (+1 Automation, +1 Charisma) A bright yellow shirt, which you also sewed yourself, completes your look. (Gained Charisma.) (+1 Charisma)

And what sort of pronouns and nouns do you prefer? (Why the royal titles? No reason….)

They/them/their/person/monarch.
She/her/her/woman/queen.
He/him/his/man/king.

Choice of Magics uses an equipment system where equipment can give you a boost to your stats as long as you're actually wearing it. Some items take up slots like clothing or hats where you can only benefit from one set at a time, while others like rings can be worn with whatever other rings you manage to acquire. So we have a Charisma bonus as long as we're wearing our fancy shirt, though if we switched to an armor set we'd lose the Charisma bonus and gain a Fighting bonus instead.

Anyways, looks like we don't stick to traditional gender roles.

quote:

They/them/their/person/monarch.

In the dormitory room, your eye is drawn to the past student's bookshelf, the first thing the Church inquisitor would destroy if he were left alone in the room. You scan the unintelligible titles of the volumes until one catches your eye: Introduction to Glamor.

"What are you doing?" Tal says from the window. "He's climbing up! We should get out of here!"

Tal doesn't know much about magic; she doesn't know how rare this book is. You've never found even one introductory text about magic before, much less two in one day! It must be because this magic academy has never been discovered by the Church. And while you could just grab the book and run, the magic of charming people may be exactly what you need right now.

"Give me a moment," you say. "Try to delay him."

Tal makes an exasperated sound, but you ignore her and quickly skim the first chapter of the book. Glamor magic appears to work like vivomancy, but the power source is the self instead of nature. There appears to be only one spell in the book, a spell that makes a person incredibly charming and persuasive. Most of the book is devoted to the exploration of the ethical issues and negative ramifications of this spell. Well, no time for that!

Tal shouts a warning. You look up from your reading and see the inquisitor leap into the room from the windowsill. Sword drawn, Tal warily circles the inquisitor, who has drawn a mace.

With your arms crossed on your chest, you draw power from within. You shine with a golden aura, and you smell something sweet, like cherry pie. "Philautia omnes, kleos venenum!"

The inquisitor seems unable to look away from you. Beneath his handlebar mustache, his mouth parts in awe.

"Please don't try to harm us," you tell him, and he nods slightly. (Gained Glamor.) (+1 Glamor)

You spare a glance for Tal. Though she had drawn her sword, she warily sheathes it now.

"I am so sorry to intrude," says the inquisitor. "If there is anything I can do to make it up to you…"

"Were you sent specifically to catch us?" you ask the inquisitor. "And did you know about this place?"

The inquisitor shakes his head. "The hierophant had a vision of you exploring this place and thought it was the beginning of something important. Nobody knew who you were. I was just told to try to uncover this old academy or wait for you to show up, whichever came first. I was digging for a month with no progress on the other side of the ridge until you showed up chasing that tunneling wurm, so I appreciate the relief." His look grows darker. "But magic is forbidden! If the hierophant knew you were a wizard, she'd have ordered your capture like anybody else."

When inquisitors capture magic users or shapeshifters, those people are typically never heard from again; most people assume they're quietly executed. The Church's official line is that they will administer justice as is their duty to the kingdom, and the laws on the books certainly dictate death for wizards and shapeshifters.

Hierophant Elizabeth is known to be quite by the book; if anything you've heard about her is true, you doubt she would make any kind of exception for you just because of an intriguing vision. But you decide to ask the inquisitor's opinion.

"If you did capture me, would I be executed?" you ask.

"Inquisitors just deliver the wizards," the inquisitor says. "But I think so."

He doesn't know. Interesting. "Well, I have new instructions for you," you say.

1. Have him explore ahead and fight any monsters he encounters.
2. Have him leave and never report what he's seen here.
3. Take his stuff, tie him up, and come back for him later.

4. Have him sit still so I can practice turning people into tortoises.

We've made a new friend. What do we do with him?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: 1. Have him explore ahead and fight any monsters he encounters.

Hey meat-shield, front and center, we're sending you out into the great unknown.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

He sounds to me like the kind of guy who needs a quest in his life. Let's give him one by sending him ahead to sword at monsters until they fall down while we, as questgivers, hang back and wait for him to be interestingly annihilated clean the place out

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Inquisitor, what’s your name? Flitwick? Interesting. Why don’t you help us scout and fight monsters? We haven’t seen any around here yet but you never know. In any case, you’ll make a great henchman. Who knows, maybe we’ll teach you magic and someday a part goblin descendant of yours will be teaching it to smart kids!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Let's have a new :getin: reptile pal

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Explore ahead. Say what you will, this is just some guy trying to do his job and earn his pay. Let's not make it personal and cruel by turning him into a tortoise.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

But wizards have no sense of right or wrong. Why would they care if he becomes a turtle

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
We have already cast off the shackles of conformism, who's to say we can't apply that to other areas of our life?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
This dude seems to be pretty bedazzled by us so EXPLORE AWAY

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
I think he can help us a lot as a tortoise.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Flitwick the tortoise.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Mercy is 2.

Having g him fight monsters is just offloading the death sentence. We'll find his body in a few pages.

Guy's just doing his job and he's no threat to us anymore. Let him go.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Our new buddy is now our new combat buddy.

quote:

Have him explore ahead and fight any monsters he encounters.

"Scout ahead," you tell the inquisitor, gesturing to the room's door opposite the window. "If you find any monsters, yell and hold the line for us."

"It shall be done," he says with a curt nod, and he dashes to the door, throws it open, and hurries out.

"Was that wise?" Tal asks. "How long will his enchantment last?"

You shrug. "We'll find out." (Increased Calculation.) (Increased Optimism.)(%-5 Empathy =-2%, %+5 Optimism =+2%)

quote:

As she speaks to you, you notice that Tal doesn't seem quite so strongly affected by the magic as the inquisitor. Perhaps she has a stronger will; you read something about that briefly in the book. But whether it's because the inquisitor has been taken care of or because of the magic, Tal is smiling more now.

How do you feel about this attention?

1. I prefer women, but Tal is just a good friend right now.
2. I prefer men, thanks.
3. I don't have romantic feelings of any kind, as Tal knows.
4. I'm open to romance with anyone, but Tal is just a good friend right now.
I don't ever want to have sex, but going on dates is another matter.

quote:

Check; no sex. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy some romance and cuddles. Who would you prefer to do that with?

5. Women
6. Men
7. Either
8. Nobody, actually, but thanks for asking.

Time to figure out something else about ourselves.

quote:

You briefly search the dorm room you're in.

You don't find much else of interest besides the clothing and some assorted devices in the student's drawers that you don't understand. But you notice that the student's sequined clothing seems to glow a little more brightly when you stand nearby, now that you have a glamor up. You think the student's clothes are enchanted to heighten the effects of glamor magic.

Now that you're no longer in danger, you have time to change into some new clothing. The tunics seem to have auras as strong as the dresses, and they look a little more practical
for adventuring.

1. Take one of the student's glittering tunics but don't change into it.
2. Put on one of the student's glittering tunics.
3. Bulky and conspicuous magical items I won't use? No thanks.

More treasure if we want it.

quote:

From somewhat far away, you hear a terrified yell from the inquisitor.

You cast an inquiring look at Tal.

"Guess there's a monster nearby," Tal says. She doesn't seem particularly moved to come to the inquisitor's aid.

1. Hurry toward the inquisitor—I'd feel bad if he died.
2. Hurry toward the inquisitor—the monster will be easier to fight with three people.
3. The inquisitor can fend for himself—let's explore more rooms.
4. The inquisitor's probably dead already—let's not follow him to his end.

Looks like he found trouble after all. We've got a few decisions to make- how do we feel about others, do we want this glamor costume and what do we do about our imperiled inquisitor?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
4, 2 (only if we get to keep our hat), 2. We don't know this dude yet but i'm not about to lose a free minion, also cool adventuring gear.

Poland Spring fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 25, 2019

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

4, 2, 1 - We're open to everyone, we want to try those magic threads, and we would feel kinda bad if we got this guy killed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
7, 2, 1.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Poland Spring posted:

4, 2 (only if we get to keep our hat), 2. We don't know this dude yet but i'm not about to lose a free minion, also cool adventuring gear.

This. If we would lose our hat or something then take the tunic but don't change yet.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

4, 2, 3

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Anticheese posted:

4, 2, 1 - We're open to everyone, we want to try those magic threads, and we would feel kinda bad if we got this guy killed.

This. I named the bastard, he better not die.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Anticheese posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

1. I prefer women, but Tal is just a good friend right now.

2. Put on one of the student's glittering tunics.

2. Hurry toward the inquisitor—the monster will be easier to fight with three people.