Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

That aren't Let's Players or have significant content besides Let's Plays.

Classics of Game is one of the very best YouTube channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN6srN0wooc

Ditto for DanielFromSL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc

Corn in the Bible from SA is good too.

There's also GVMERS and noclip which do some cool informational videos.

Anything else?

Mystic Stylez has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Jan 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MarphitimusBlackimus does many things, but is most famous for the Half-Life Fact Files series, which shows off extemely obscure features of the video game Half-Life and its spin-offs. Sometimes these videos focus on cut content, such as a sequence in which the millitary successfully kills off Gordon Freeman. Others examine features that are in the game but you would never notice them without digging into the files, like how Half-Life NPCs have a sense of sight, hearing, and smell.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Jan 23, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Accursed Farms is the channel belonging to Ross Scott - the Freeman's Mind guy. But he does other stuff as well, most notably Ross's Game Dungeon where he shows off and reviews (mostly) weird and obscure games.

Errant Signal does video essays/reviews about specific video games, focusing on particular aspects of a game or genre and, essentially, how video games work as an artistic medium.

Masako Team just does short videos showing off weird Saints Row 2 mods and machinimas.

Outside Xbox and Outside Xtra are a pretty standard games magazine type show. Reviews, partial let's plays, that kind of thing. I started just watching their Hitman videos because those are pretty funny but I gradually started watching more of their stuff because I like the hosts.

UpUpDownDown is a mostly video games related channel hosted by Austin Creed (AKA WWE Superstar Xavier Woods) and featuring a bunch of other wrestlers. They play games, they talk about games, they do other random stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
LGR is pretty well known, but its great for old games, old hardware, weird hardware, all presented in a dulcet tone that just makes it the best.

PushingUpRoses is a channel I found through LGR, she focuses on adventure games and has started doing more general 90s nostolgia, she often ties these in with her own problems in a very frank and honest way.

Neebs Gaming may not be the most woke channel (they still use the R word way too much) but they are fun as hell to watch. They're all kinda dumb and rednecky but sometimes their stupid antics are more authentic to a game than what you see in other places. Their Ark series has been going on for years and is hilarious on how the story has developed. They also have a fantastic GTA online series, 7 days to die and their random weird game plays are great too. Often they go into them blind.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I like Game Maker's Toolkit which looks at the more practical aspects of game design, i.e. stuff like level design, skill trees, boss fights, AI etc. The videos are imo very well-made and informative, and it's interesting to see how much thought did (or did not) go into the development of a game.