Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

yeah im not a browser power user and it works just fine. ive been using it for 2 years and can only remember a few situations where i had to switch to chrome to get something done.

probably not because chrome is better but because everything gets tested against chrome. which is a legitimate issue that you should be aware of.

i could also see myself using safari but firefox has better power user features

i use firefox primarily (along w/ ublock origin and noscript) but use chrome (which also has ublock origin) when i want a webpage to Just Work and don't feel like janitoring noscript

oh also when i want to use google maps because either firefox is sucking real bad at something to do with goog maps or goog is crippling maps on non-goog websites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Weatherman posted:

has anyone said "why aren't you using pi-hole yet" yet

that's a really hurtful way to describe sex with your dad

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Xaris posted:

i actually like outlook, when configured to be in compact mode and some ui bloat off, it's super quick to open/close, does searches super quick and reliably, and just feels snappy and responsive without bloat that typically infests poo poo like that.

which version of outlook? b/c i remember outlook 2010 being basically the best outlook, and has been getting buggier ever since

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also depends on how you're using outlook

in an exchange environment? great, awesome

using IMAP to talk to gmail? :gonk:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fart simpson posted:

who the heck would ever do that

lastjob did. they were way too cheap to pay for exchange online, let alone full fat exchange licensing. but of course they want ~outlook~

hell, google suite was reserved for managers and other important people; most people got stuck with some lovely super-cheap email provider i can't remember the name of. i think they were based out of canada

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol i remember having to setup one of the providers so that if there wasn't a matching email address, it would bounce the email over to the other provider. hilarious

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

ironically, edge does p much everything i want except having an imgur upload extension but edge is like...ew. that blue e logo. gross

jesus christ between shoe chat, food chat, macbook vintages, and now a goddamn program icon this forum is getting insanely picky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Cold on a Cob posted:

everything is poo poo :toot:

everything is getting worse honk honk