Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
camels are beasts of burden! what's another straw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:d2a:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Willie Tomg posted:

camels are beasts of burden! what's another straw?

they got straw i can eat?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Vomik posted:

they’ve already convinced people that getting on welfare even when they qualify is a sign of personal failure, nothing will happen to them

get out of cspam

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Peanut President posted:

get out of cspam

I feel like that was a pretty normal cspam post?

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://twitter.com/nandorvila/status/1202315056299380737

it was already really hard to get and stay on food stamps when obama was president I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it must be now that trump has put his sweaty little hands all over the program.

30% of the worlds food is wasted and there are more homes than homeless, kinda strange how people are allowed to go hungry and homeless

It’s almost like it’s a distribution problem not a lack of supply. But, sure punish people for their “moral failing” of being poor

The federal government was destroying crops during the Great Depression while people were starving to keep the prices up

Scary! has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Dec 7, 2019

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Peanut President posted:

get out of cspam

shut the gently caress up

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
https://twitter.com/mayawiley/status/1225106277472395264

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1232739863717466112

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
‘Like an Experimental Concentration Camp’: Whistleblower Complaint Alleges Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Detention Center

quote:

Several legal advocacy groups on Monday filed a whistleblower complaint on behalf of a nurse at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center documenting “jarring medical neglect” within the facility, including a refusal to test detainees for the novel coronavirus and an exorbitant rate of hysterectomies being performed on immigrant women.

The nurse, Dawn Wooten, was employed at the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) in Georgia, which is operated by LaSalle Corrections, a private prison company. The complaint was filed with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) by advocacy groups Project South, Georgia Detention Watch, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, and South Georgia Immigrant Support Network.

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just saw this on the news, loving monstrous.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, so I can cut out their loving uteruses.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Everyone who said calling them concentration camps was too much should really stfu forever. It's only a matter of time before mass graves are found

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah lol I wouldn't be surprised

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

if there was an ounce of justice in this world, everyone complicit in that, from the lowest grunt to trump himself would be tried in the hague

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Mr. Lobe posted:

if there was an ounce of justice in this world, everyone complicit in that, from the lowest grunt to trump himself would be tried in the hague

Screw the Hague, Nuremberg.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jose posted:

Everyone who said calling them concentration camps was too much should really stfu forever. It's only a matter of time before mass graves are found

"They should have come here legally! I hate that this happened, but what did they expect?"

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Jose posted:

Listen here jack, Biden would like a word with you

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Lobe posted:

IIRC the official position of the US is that this would be a casus belli

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

christmas boots posted:

IIRC the official position of the US is that this would be a casus belli

Yeah. There will be no reckoning for this. Just another American atrocity on the pile to be shrugged at with vague indifference by the ruling class.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah. There will be no reckoning for this. Just another American atrocity on the pile to be shrugged at with vague indifference by the ruling class.

Ya best start believin' in reckonings...

*gets bootstomped by wildfires and hurricanes*

*cough*Yer- *spits blood* in one!... ow

staticman has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Sep 15, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

staticman posted:

Ya best start believin' in reckonings...

*gets bootstomped by wildfires and hurricanes*

*cough*Yer in one!... ow

A pity that reckoning is decidedly nonselective of the deserving targets

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Jose posted:

They've been finding them for over six years now

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
there isn't going to be an international coalition stepping in to hang the leaders of the fourth reich, no. if you want justice you'll have to fight for it. these camps are going to start taking in citizens in the not too distant future so arm and organize your community today.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Wakko posted:

there isn't going to be an international coalition stepping in to hang the leaders of the fourth reich, no. if you want justice you'll have to fight for it. these camps are going to start taking in citizens in the not too distant future so arm and organize your community today.

But liberals assured me the two party system is real and voting will prevent reactionary finance capital, more commonly known as finance capital, from directing the government

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1293592730560593920?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The camps are there for me as well. Probably for you too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

chairface posted:

They've been finding them for over six years now

In Australia we still haven't found our mass graves.

Countless people drown every year trying to come here*, are dragged out of the water by the navy, then vanish.

Which might not sound so bad, but the navy will also turn and sail away from distress calls from asylum seeker boats which are sinking. Then they wait a day or so, then go collect the corpses

quote:

Another serving Navy officer, 'Michael', also said he witnessed occasions in which unseaworthy asylum seeker vessels were not boarded because of decisions made in Canberra.

He said this pressure took the form of "suggestions" relayed to the captains of boats, rather than direct orders.

"Our vessel was delayed 15 hours for a boarding on one occasion and we got reports in from surveillance aircraft that that vessel had sunk 13 hours ago," he said.

"All we found was probably a line about 70 miles long of bodies. We fished them out for as long as we could, 'til we were full. And that wasn't uncommon."

Australia's so loving horrible we gave Trump ideas.

* Officially the boats have stopped. But this is literally because the government simply will not respond to any question about what is happening. "We don't discuss on-water matters" is the line. In reality, they're still coming, we just don't know what is happening to everyone on board - living or dead.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this woman, we need a lot more just like her.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1306039969690025985?s=20

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In Australia we still haven't found our mass graves.

Countless people drown every year trying to come here*, are dragged out of the water by the navy, then vanish.

Which might not sound so bad, but the navy will also turn and sail away from distress calls from asylum seeker boats which are sinking. Then they wait a day or so, then go collect the corpses

Australia's so loving horrible we gave Trump ideas.

* Officially the boats have stopped. But this is literally because the government simply will not respond to any question about what is happening. "We don't discuss on-water matters" is the line. In reality, they're still coming, we just don't know what is happening to everyone on board - living or dead.

i mean mass hysterectomies and drownings is some apocalyptic poo poo. that doesn't seem strong enough someone help me with the words.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
but do their uniforms have skulls on them mr smarty pants?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i mean mass hysterectomies and drownings is some apocalyptic poo poo. that doesn't seem strong enough someone help me with the words.

I ran out of words a long time ago.

Future generations (if there are any) are going to look back at this time and view us like we view nazi era Germany.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/thomdunn/status/1308009499429613569?s=20

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is it better or worse if Dr. Mengele is board certified, I wonder

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
By the power of Satan arise from your grave and post content

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/supreme-court-lifts-biden-s-covid-19-moratorium-on-evictions

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1431244339011854337

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1431640361982640132?s=20

and I've seen cases of schools turning down offers from outsiders to pay off students' "lunch debt" because the cruelty is actually the point, not the debt itself.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

dta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
New president, change the OP. Post about Biden Kamala cruelty