Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

:tinfoil: by shifting this to military management this makes military leaders directly complicit in these crimes and incentivizes backing a trump led coup against anyone voted in to replace him to avoid any possible accountability. also the cruelty is the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I read that whole twitter thread and I want to die.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know what you want to hear, but you're never going to genuinely hear it, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0bzWz8ltc&t=52s

We lost our mamas. Life is full of unexpected things.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

redsniper posted:

i want the people running those facilities to die, slowly

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that's some hosed up poo poo right there literally concentration camps

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

remember when the right was screaming bloody murder about Obama’s fema camps?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

redsniper posted:

they're literally gonna genocide migrants and no one with the capability to stop it is trying to stop it

:d2a:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The odds that some of those people who went missing while getting shuffled around never ended up getting checked in to another facility keep going up.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Feranon posted:

they're literally gonna genocide migrants and no one with the capability to stop it is trying to stop it

:d2a:

Yeah. I was thinking about if and like, even if I was hardcore enough to put my life on the line and be some kind of rebel, I just couldn't materially do anything about it. I'm not a badass, don't know anything about irl combat, and don't have military grade weapons. You sure as hell couldn't seriously talk about getting a group together without FBI showing up so we just have to sit here knowing we're like the complicit Germans during the Holocaust.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i thought about trying to round up some folks to block the street in front of the oklahoma base, but really they'll just move them somewhere else, and playing shell games with human lives so it doesn't matter if they disappear is the whole dang point

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://youtu.be/xz7KLSOJaTE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1140466739374727168

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Milo and POTUS posted:

The odds that some of those people who went missing while getting shuffled around never ended up getting checked in to another facility keep going up.

It's the perfect cover for anyone who died in custody.

Shuffle them around in the paperwork enough and eventually there's no way to find out where they went. Or that they ever died.

Or, just be like the Australian government and outright refuse to comment on those matters and have a thoroughly yellow press.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Owns that my country is literally running concentration camps for infants

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1140654268728393728

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

deleted. what did it say?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I have no idea how he keeps loving up these tweets but its a link to https://tyt.com/stories/4vZLCHuQrYE4uKagy0oyMA/2rdpMiN8dW4CwMxQisARTm

ICE has stopped publishing deaths in ICE custody

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
obviously not a best practice for future death camp operators. good call imo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

quote:

It’s not clear whether ICE has stopped tracking detainee deaths or just stopped disclosing them. ICE did not respond to a request by The Young Turks to explain why they haven’t updated the list.

I swear, I only said it as a joke.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or, just be like the Australian government and outright refuse to comment on those matters

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

let's talk about the real victims here

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Destroy My Sweater posted:

let's talk about the real victims here

I hope it drives them to suicide

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Milo and POTUS posted:

I guarantee you that a non-zero number of them have been sold into sexual slavery.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We should stop using weasel words like "facility" and "detention center" and just call them what they are, which is concentration camps.

Like lol at "overcrowded conditions" and "difficulty quarantining" that's not a bug that's working as intended.

quote:

con·cen·tra·tion camp - a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

Moridin920 posted:

We should stop using weasel words like "facility" and "detention center" and just call them what they are, which is concentration camps.

Like lol at "overcrowded conditions" and "difficulty quarantining" that's not a bug that's working as intended.

uhhh have you ever done a genocide before? even speedrunning the fourth reich you don't just come out and say they're concentration camps. at least wait until naturalization and elections are suspended. total rookie mistake.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/NickMiroff/status/1140825936167886856

...because the cruelty is the point. it doesn't even matter to Trump or his supporters that these people are caught or processed or whatever. Trump just wants his base of hooting, braying racists to know that the people they don't like are being actively terrorized and immiserated, even if it gives those people a heads-up.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
https://twitter.com/ALT_uscis/status/1141865752326234112

Death to America. Death to America. Death to America.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

👏 HIRE 👏 MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 CONCENTRATION CAMP GUARDS 👏

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The slow camera pan to the judge glaring at her with undisguised, incredulous disgust and contempt is pretty good I guess. Pity that nothing will change

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Jun 21, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The argument is literally rules lawyering

Attorney: "ahh well the four corners of the document haven't specifically enumerated the conditions of "safe and sanitary" so :smug:"

Judge: "Um okay, but I think it is pretty common understanding that you need soap to be sanitary? Are there conditions in which you don't have soap but are sanitary?"

Attorney: "uhuhhhhhhh I mean.... uhhh maybe"

Judge: "Maybe??? When can you maybe be sanitary without soap?"

Attorney: "Well, if they are only there temporarily then it isn't expected."

Judge: "But it isn't as if they are there for 12 hours then check into the Mariott. They're there for extended periods of time?"

Attorney: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9th circuit court lmfao

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Jun 21, 2019

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i hope all the guards catch communicable diseases from the refugees and spread them within the chud community

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ron Jeremy posted:

remember when the right was screaming bloody murder about Obama’s fema camps?

Yeah they were being built by the admin I mean they just wanted to know their intentions for them before Obama got a chance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/profcarroll/status/1143238093790679040

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

FYI the concentration camps were the test and America failed

Naked fascism has shown itself and the people have shrugged permission to carry on

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
for everyone who asks "how did the average germans carry on their lives normally when those atrocities were happening????", now you know

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
right wing militias are backing fugitive republicans and claiming they'll shoot cops if the governor of oregon has law enforcement bring them in so the statehouse can be quorate for a laughably benign environmental bill and i'm pretty sure the only reason this isn't the only thing everyone's talking about besides the concentration camps is that it is SUCH A BIG loving DEAL that people's brains slide off its import because its too much to take in all at once.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Willie Tomg posted:

right wing militias are backing fugitive republicans and claiming they'll shoot cops if the governor of oregon has law enforcement bring them in so the statehouse can be quorate for a laughably benign environmental bill and i'm pretty sure the only reason this isn't the only thing everyone's talking about besides the concentration camps is that it is SUCH A BIG loving DEAL that people's brains slide off its import because its too much to take in all at once.

I feel like the National Guard has been called in for less.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

until lindsay graham commented on it today, i forgot a woman came out with a contemporaneously discussed rape allegation against the president of the united states like a few days ago. this country is on a bullet train to hell and no one has time to look back or even fully digest what's going on and makes me want to die.

mission accomplished I guess

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

until lindsay graham commented on it today, i forgot a woman came out with a contemporaneously discussed rape allegation against the president of the united states like a few days ago. this country is on a bullet train to hell and no one has time to look back or even fully digest what's going on and makes me want to die.

mission accomplished I guess

everyone calls trump and his allies a gaggle of pudding-brained morons but they know the media very well and figured out way back in 2015 that committing dozens of heretofore unforgivable acts every week and daring the world to do anything about it or to even keep up is totally overwhelming to the vast majority of the population and effectively makes you invincible

e: it's the shock doctrine applied to the media instead of government and economics

Rhesus Pieces has issued a correction as of 20:29 on Jun 25, 2019

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/RobinsonCarol/status/1144006497397104640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

for everyone who asks "how did the average germans carry on their lives normally when those atrocities were happening????", now you know

Didn't the Nazis at least attempt to hide the camps? And was the press actually defending them as cool, legal, and good?