Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I’ll bring FCM with the new milestones. Happy to teach it.

If anyone has Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiating in the Elysium Quadrant I would love to play Sidereal Confluence: Trading and Negotiating in the Elysium Quadrant.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Carteret posted:

I love this dumbass hobby.

Speaking of dumb stuff, we have a tiebreaker of Keyflower to settle :getin:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The first two years we got our badges at Will Call. First year was Thursday morning, maybe a 2 minute wait. Last year, Wednesday night and at least a half hour wait. We're trying the mail option this year and between the two of us, hopefully, we don't forget. I still have to break the news to my boss that I'm taking that Thursday and Friday off, since someone else already requested the week.

Also, guess the location!

drat that looks clearer than it did in person last year

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The math trade is really excellent by the way. Highly recommend doing it if you want to get rid of games (you can accept cash value as well).

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

M a x posted:

Probably a silly question but Is there a good way to try out Crokinole at gencon?

There was a booth demoing it last year. They had a bunch of family and kids games, don’t remember the name.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Deviant posted:

a) how the gently caress would they know anything about it?

welcome to the internet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

This city loves loving up

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If it's board games, the virtual flea market is a solid bet: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/256766/gen-con-virtual-flea-market-2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dr. Quarex posted:

Looking forward to someone getting banned from Gen-Con for openly selling things outside authorized spaces (though I imagine the buying takes place online)

The math trade is a free ticketed event and I believe the same person does the vfm, so it’s above board. But I’ll pay you to personally shuck my wares :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

that's kinda insane

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CellBlock posted:

I believe they do encourage anyone trading cash/gift cards in the math trade to do so outside of the convention, specifically to not run afoul of the rules.

Yeah they do, and to make it even messier this year some folks are talking about doing beer trades in it as well. That will be fun to watch.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It’s the only event I ever schedule

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just lol if you don’t carry a 32oz hydroflask with ice cold beer around at all times during Gencon. Quarex gets even hotter with beer goggles.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I enjoy the meat sweats from Primanti Bros at least once a year with you folks. Doubly so when they have shot girls doing promos giving out drinks and taking terrible polaroids of us.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

i concur, its not a great deli, and definitely not worth the trek down there

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mods? Gods? Somebody stop this.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Since gooncon presence is spread across a few different chat platforms here's a post for organizing games. I'm bringing the following and happy to teach/play any of them. Most of my afternoons/evenings are free so let me know what you want to play and we'll schedule it.

Pax Pamir 2e
Food Chain Magnate
Antiquity
The Great Zimbabwe
Keyflower
Great Western Trail
Reef Encounter
Condottiere

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

nesbit37 posted:

I highly doubt I will have time for it, but would love to finally get to play Food Chain Magnate if it works out.

Sure, if you wanna let me know a block of time you do have free we could plan for it then

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Also, if anyone has experience with the Kids on Bikes RPG I'd love to play a one shot.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Note we’ll be out in the courtyard at Raths

Also some Lyft promos: GAMEMASTER $5 off two rides (new users) GENCON19 15% off two rides DRAGONWINGS $5 ride (first 200 uses)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Trynant posted:

You're bringing about every game I was debating on bringing--if you got a seat open for your games I'm in. (I promise not to sneeze on your boards).

Hey you’re cool

quote:

Also I'm bringing some of my local beer with me to share because beer.

Hey we’re BFFs now

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

dromer posted:

Is there interest in Goondereal? I'm doing an organized game of it on Saturday

Ayyyyy

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dr. Quarex posted:

WELCOME BLANKSPOT WOOOOOOO

Shots Wednesday is going to end with the police arriving at this rate, which seems like as good a start to Gen-Con as any.

does rathskellers serve milkshakes?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I finally succumbed to the shots and not just the beer. I blame Matt. rear end in a top hat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sweet dreams all you Beastf*****s

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you doomed assholes don’t stop clapping I’m gonna find that card and destroy it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I didn’t get a single picture of passed out nerds all weekend what the gently caress goons

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nine Tiles Panic was the best new game I played. Plays in 60 seconds/round and pretty addictive. Another hit from Oink. Teotihuacan expansion is really good too, takes a solid game to a great one if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CellBlock posted:

Comedy answer: The Game of the Con was Beastfucker.

Oh are we counting LARPs now?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Platonicsolid posted:

Thursday seems like clutch vendor day, when it's still quiet. When I went in 2014, it seemed nearly deserted for a couple hours after opening Thursday. I got to demo Murano with the designer. I do feel like the Mayfair area was a calming influence.

Thursday rush is insane and has been since 2015 at least. And mayfair no longer exists lol :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Lord Of Texas posted:

Very few wrong ways to enjoy Gen-Con :)

Steak & Shake