Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Great work translating these, dotchan! I stumbled upon Farland Saga 1 a few years ago and understood a decent amount of it from the Japanese vocals, but the full translation helps out a lot.

It's a very charming game, I think my favorite detail was the Omnipresent Item Shop and the conversations you had there for each character. I'm glad to see it get some more attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
One thing from very early in the thread I think I can clarify is Ralph's compliment to Karen, if only since I'm somewhat familiar with the Kansai dialect.

He says "めちゃべっぴんやて", "meccha beppin ya de", where meccha means "very" and beppin is a way of saying "pretty woman/girl" (though literally meaning "a product of high quality"). ya de is just the Kansai dialect version of da yo, affirming the first part.

meccha and beppin are among the Kansai-isms that have become popular outside the region, in the way that say, "y'all" or terms from African-American Vernacular English are picked up by Standard American English speakers now and again.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Poor Iwan, even at the end he can't get his due.

I am pretty interested in seeing what happens to Arc's little crew here in their later games, this seems like a series that could have some neat continuity and character development nuggets. Stuff like the progression from Haizen the two-bit speed-bump vampire to the charismatic, conflicted vamps of Saga 1 is already funny to think about.

Like I'm curious as to whether this is a series that goes "wide" in the sense that we're exploring different parts of one world within a relatively narrow time-span, or if it goes "long" and has like generations or centuries pass between entries. Or even both, potentially, there's a lot of these games.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
The tutorial being a playable recap of the first game's ending with a sub-mission played as the previous villain is cool, honestly. I suspect the no-sense-of-direction jokes may be a reference to a certain SRW protagonist with the same problem; this was published by Banpresto after all!

Also wow Dieno, aggro much? If he can find it, Docatti could probably shatter your skull with his pinky nail.