Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Great videos. Blues for the flag. Heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Will Kayo do footy? Because it has been bloody great for the cricket and I'll keep that over WatchAFL this time if so.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I like the day grand final and if pressed would vote to keep it, but there are things I'm far more traditionalist about. I'd let them play it at 2am in exchange for removing video boundary fence advertising, for example.

drunkill posted:

the club announced a 5 year plan today

red behaviour from the blues

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Match review:
I am disappointed that Richmond has gone with lemon yellow again rather than the golden yellow they had in 2017 and earlier. Not sure why they hosed with the best guernsey in the league.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Collingwood's away top is better than their home top and I'm sure was just their regular top when I was a kid. North Melbourne is the same, when they do the simple reverse. The extra white looks better.

Hawthorn's away top is now excellent but Kennett is wrong, white can be a brilliant guernsey colour when done well. I don't get Power and Carlton's grey tops, the white versions are far superior.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
That's my review of the game so far.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Solemn Sloth posted:

So what you're seeing is you'd like to see a white power guernsey

very good

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

I hope we go back to oxford blue with puma next year as our guernseys have looked close to black for a decade now.

That would be great. One day I'll hope Carlton wins finals but for now I'll hope they wear the good poo poo.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
don't forget blues for the flag

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
that's our basil!

https://twitter.com/patbcaruana/status/1160895715221991426

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hawthorn is still in it due to that gutsy win over the Blues at York Park. Gotta get behind them.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I was barracking for Hawthorn yesterday because they were wearing one of the best guernseys I've seen in any sport ever. I think it was just my evolutionary association of good-looking with good and just. Maybe the umpires experienced the same as me? Maybe the crowd did, too, and so the Eagles lost some of the cauldron advantage when the barrackers' hearts weren't in it?

Just a bit of feedback there for any club insiders looking for a drug-free advantage.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Don't gaf about half time either, that's for kicking the footy.

But Paul Kelly is a loving national treasure and musical legend and I love that it's him instead of demonstrating our cultural cringe by getting a once-big international act now that they're well past it and can't get any better gigs.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
yeah go cats

🐈

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
The POWER™ enhanced by Adobe® Photoshop™ Elements

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Diet Crack posted:

Every year they somehow make the afl.com.au website even loving WORSE.

Some ublock filters I'm using to get some of the rubbish out of the way:

code:
! -- AFL WEBSITE --
afl.com.au###telstra-bar
afl.com.au##.navigation__title-bar
afl.com.au##.parallax-content
afl.com.au##.promo
afl.com.au###footer-menu
afl.com.au###telstra-footer

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Sliding Divs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I've long thought the Vic vs All Stars could be good if done right. It doesn't have to be the afterthought that people see it as - the All Stars could be viewed like the Barbarians invitational team, something to aspire to, and everyone outside of Vic could enjoy pummelling the Vics year after year.

I know we miss the full state of origin but unlike the NRL version it lacks the fact that the best players of the sport are in the match. That's what makes it better quality than the NRL grand final. But all players need to be made available, it needs the breathing space to be its own annual thing, and it needs to be marketed well. And I do think it needs to be Vic vs The Rest rather than two brand new teams - it's better to have one team with the history and arrogance at the outset, as it gives the new team and its supporters a desire to beat them and forge their own. And Vic is the obvious choice.

Personally I don't like the name "All Stars" or the guernsey - I'd rather a strong, traditional-looking top that still clashes well against the Vics - but I could live with it if the event is taken seriously. It's the "just for fun" atmosphere that makes me disinterested in its current form.