Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Solemn Sloth posted:

So what you're seeing is you'd like to see a white power guernsey

very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
That was definitely a free to the tigers lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

That was definitely a free to the tigers lol

On the one hand yes on the other hand gently caress em

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Fuckin lol at giving some 7 foot goof that much time to step around and eventually snap it

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I gotta say I do enjoy watching mason cox dunking on Richmond lately

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like Mason Cox he's cool

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol trying to kick it over the 7 foot dude

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Probably not a wise choice to play on there, but got away with it this week.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

I don't get Carlton's grey tops, the white versions are far superior.

It was contractual, nike demanded two new guernseys each year to sell stock hence the grey getup and nike wanting orange in our jumper (their new brand colour instead of the white swoosh). But the club pushed back and got the shithouse grey shorts thrown out midseason for white shorts (which nike did not produce we had to find another supplier)

That ontop of our monogram and sponsor logos peeling off in games because they were heatpressed on 'blank' jumpers and not part of the fabric design.

And now Carlton have signed with Puma for 10 years in the largest sports apparel deal in australia, finally ditching nike who have now exited all AFL and Rugby deals in Aus because they only care about soccer and basketball (and are failing in making good shoes for the nba)

Our clash strip is white again this year but hasn't been revealed yet (even if we're supposed to play in it this weekend) and not for sale yet because nike don't care.

I hope we go back to oxford blue with puma next year as our guernseys have looked close to black for a decade now.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

I hope we go back to oxford blue with puma next year as our guernseys have looked close to black for a decade now.

That would be great. One day I'll hope Carlton wins finals but for now I'll hope they wear the good poo poo.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We won a final last week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Fuckin lol umpires can’t even count to loving 7

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rip
https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/1111234583184326656?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Richmond quickly re-discovering what this whole "injury" thing is

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I didnt watch the game but from what I can gather Richmond was only marginally better then the umpires?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The Microwaves and Early Outs on Betslips are warming up in East Melbourne.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://www.instagram.com/p/BviOBT0hYq9/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6h931q4jamoz

:unsmith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What the actual gently caress

https://twitter.com/abcadelaide/status/1111364457614069760?s=21

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

South Australia bad who'd guessed it

Looks like Richmond is cooked for the season. Back to good old Ninthmond.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

South Australia bad who'd guessed it

Looks like Richmond is cooked for the season. Back to good old Ninthmond.

Nineteenthmond

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

And now Carlton have signed with Puma for 10 years in the largest sports apparel deal in australia, finally ditching nike who have now exited all AFL and Rugby deals in Aus because they only care about soccer and basketball (and are failing in making good shoes for the nba)

:eng101: that was a shoe exploding on a college player, not in the NBA, so he’s not even getting paid to risk that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/freodockers/status/1111442928973430784?s=20

:hai:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dunn has done another ACL, you’d have to think that’s career over for him. It loving sucks

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The stadium is run by former Liberal party politicians, so this checks out

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The stadium is run by former Liberal party politicians, so this checks out

I feel like that’s true for basically every stadium

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like that’s true for basically every stadium

On examination AOSMA does not control or staff the ticketing office at Adelaide Oval because it's a Ticketek office with Ticketek systems, but Ticketek does not staff the office either, and instead contracts it out to a labour hire firm called McArthur Recruitment because neoliberalism, and they're claiming a miscommunication between those contractors, and the security guard contractors who are also not ground employees, so ultimately the blame dissipates as it tries and fails to find someone responsible.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 29, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

On examination AOSMA does not control or staff the ticketing office at Adelaide Oval because it's a Ticketek office with Ticketek systems, but Ticketek does not staff the office either, and instead contracts it out to a labour hire firm called McArthur Recruitment because neoliberalism, and they're claiming a miscommunication between those contractors, and the security guard contractors who are also not ground employees, so ultimately the blame dissipates as it tries and fails to find someone responsible.

The system works

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AFLPA AFLW award nominations are out; how it works is in stage 1 players vote within their team to gather 3 MVP nominees, and 1 nominee each for most courageous and best first year, and then in stage 2 all of the nominees are put to the entire league to vote, but you can't vote for your own team mates.

Adelaide and North had ties in their MVP voting so put forward more than other teams. All the best first year players are listed, but only the top 4 feature on the night, and they are Adelaide's Jessica Foley, Carlton’s Madison Prespakis, Geelong’s Olivia Purcell and the GWS Giants’ Alyce Parker.

ADELAIDE
MVP: Anne Hatchard, Erin Phillips, Jessica Foley, Ebony Marinoff, Stevie-Lee Thompson
Captain: Chelsea Randall, Erin Phillips
Most Courageous: Chelsea Randall
Best First-Year: Jessica Foley

BRISBANE
MVP: Alexandra Anderson, Nat Exon, Kate Lutkins
Captain: Leah Kaslar
Most Courageous: Shannon Campbell
Best First-Year: Jacqui Yorston

CARLTON
MVP: Brianna Davey, Kerryn Harrington, Madison Prespakis
Captain: Brianna Davey
Most Courageous: Brianna Davey
Best First-Year: Madison Prespakis

COLLINGWOOD
MVP: Ashleigh Brazill, Jaimee Lambert, Sarah D’Arcy
Captain: Steph Chiocci
Most Courageous: Jaimee Lambert
Best First-Year: Jordyn Allen

FREMANTLE
MVP: Dana Hooker, Kiara Bowers, Stephanie Cain
Captain: Kara Donnellan
Most Courageous: Kiara Bowers
Best First-Year: Sabreena Duffy

GEELONG
MVP: Maddy McMahon, Meghan McDonald, Olivia Purcell
Captain: Mel Hickey
Most Courageous: Renee Garing
Best First-Year: Olivia Purcell

GWS GIANTS
MVP: Alicia Eva, Alyce Parker, Ellie Brush
Captain: Amanda Farrugia
Most Courageous: Ellie Brush
Best First-Year: Alyce Parker

MELBOURNE
MVP: Elise O’Dea, Karen Paxman, Lauren Pearce
Captain: Elise O’Dea, Shelley Scott
Most Courageous: Shelley Scott
Best First-Year: Chantel Emonson

NORTH MELBOURNE TASMANIAN KANGAROOS
MVP: Emma Kearney, Emma King, Jenna Bruton, Jess Duffin
Captain: Emma Kearney
Most Courageous: Brittany Gibson
Best First-Year: Ashleigh Riddell

WESTERN BULLDOGS
MVP: Ellie Blackburn, Kirsty Lamb, Monique Conti
Captain: Katie Brennan, Ellie Blackburn
Most Courageous: Kirsty Lamb
Best First-Year: Aisling McCarthy

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wow that's crap. Says the supervisor who gave the direction was stood down from their position and suspended for two weeks. Not sure that's a sufficient punishment.

EDIT: Jess Foley has been amazing for a first year player.

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 29, 2019

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Prespakis will win best first year player and rising star, shes like equal 5th on coaches votes anyway.

Does having cocaptains count as one vote for both or are they individual? Might hurt the crows and doggies for best captain award.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Michael Christian heard the complaints about players not getting suspended last week, so Mason Cox has been handed a week because ???????

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Michael Christian heard the complaints about players not getting suspended last week, so Mason Cox has been handed a week because ???????

Xenophobia and nationalism

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

realbez posted:

There was vision of Grimes going down off the ball after a collision with Cox. I don't know there was that much in it. Hopefully Grimes gets way more for his hit on Elliott.

I think it was Grimes anyway. I'm bad at names.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chairchucker posted:

There was vision of Grimes going down off the ball after a collision with Cox. I don't know there was that much in it. Hopefully Grimes gets way more for his hit on Elliott.

I think it was Grimes anyway. I'm bad at names.

https://gfycat.com/alivedeadjunebug

Here is the Cox one

Grimes only got a week for his elbow to the face of Elliot. Cox should have got nothing and Grimes should get 2+. Instead we get a week each.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

realbez posted:

Here is the Cox one

Grimes only got a week for his elbow to the face of Elliot. Cox should have got nothing and Grimes should get 2+. Instead we get a week each.

That's dumb, the MRP is dumb.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gabensraum posted:

Collingwood's away top is better than their home top and I'm sure was just their regular top when I was a kid. North Melbourne is the same, when they do the simple reverse. The extra white looks better.

Hawthorn's away top is now excellent but Kennett is wrong, white can be a brilliant guernsey colour when done well. I don't get Power and Carlton's grey tops, the white versions are far superior.
Yeah, Collingwood switched to mainly black around 2000 (lemme check footyjumpers) 2001, I guess because they thought it looked baller, but yeah, I think they actually look more "Collingwood" with the white. Funny thing is that I think Eddie has stipulated they'll be wearing mostly white as the "home" side against Carlton later on too.

The Power's new grey I quite like *although* maybe their traditional white block for the numbers would work well to improve the contrast. Also it effectively means no teal on their jumper so, well, it's a monochrome jumper! They snuck that one past Eddie.

Grey doesn't work for Carlton though, baby blue is too Sturt so I think the white is best.

We will not speak of the Thor jumper again. Leave that poo poo for the NRL.

I'm OK with the Mustardpot for us but I still think going to the trad Mayblooms as an away (i.e. mostly brown) would've work better as an alt rather than just a straight reverse stripes.

It might have to be a Museum commissioned rehash (like the diamonds) but I'd like to see the 98-99 hawk thing as a one-off, maybe. Although almost nothing remarkable happened in those years for the club except Crawf's Brownlow or their last competition game at Waverley. There! It can be the Crawford Legends jumper next year.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AdamCurleyMedia/status/1111529248806703105

thanks rugby

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
A highly liked comment on the Richmond Facebook page: “0-5 incoming”

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

realbez posted:

Here is the Cox one

Lol there is nothing in that at all. One week? Whaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oh hey, there's the Liberal party we were waiting for

https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/news/aosma-response-to-ticketing-incident/

"Some of the blackfellas indigenous patrons were drunk and unruly so we banned all of them"