Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Got into work to find out it's a snow day. Gonna play so many video games :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gamers are trash

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

IMHO technical issues like "the game does not have basic joystick and native resolution support" are the things I'd probably most want to know as a consumer before I buy anything over "I didn't like the story" which is 100% arbitrary from person to person. If people wanna downvote that, I think it's a totally valid reason.

HOTAS isn't basic joystick support

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm better at games in my 30s now than I was when I was a kid. Back then I always went on the easiest difficulty level and barely ever completed anything but now I can knock most games out on medium with a bit of practice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished Half-Life 2! The ending the Citadel was really cool thanks to the souped up grav gun. Picking up guys and flinging them around the room was awesome. Overall the game was very gimmicky which made it feel disjointed and some levels were great while some levels were kinda poo poo. Unfortunately it doesn't stand out to me as much as the original Half-Life did so it didn't quite live up to the hype. Still a very good game though.

Anyway, I'm on The Orange Box so I'm gonna dive straight into HL2 Episode 1!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You: *plays Titanfall*
Me, an intellectual: *plays Tittieball*

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

FFXIV is a catgirl delivery system

Shut up and take my money

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

What's that game with the camera someone was talking about a while back

Fatal Frame?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

Videogames is dead, hes already fallen 2 weeks behind on his 52 week project

NO MODS NO MASTERS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

If this thread isn't stickied by the end of today, I declare myself the new mod. I won't do anything or enforce any rules except a new one that all posts must include a unit quote from your favorite RTS. And I will be unreasonable about it.

I'm going to do quotes from my third favourite JRPG series and you can't stop me :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I beat Half-Life 2 Episode One :woop: I think I enjoyed it more than the main game cause it didn't feel as disjointed. The story was a lot tighter and even though some levels had specific themes they never felt gimmicky the way the main game did. The train station Strider chase especially was so dang fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr Cheeto posted:

Who is demanding more Bubsy? Reveal yourselves!

I will never reveal myself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've jumped straight into Half-Life 2 Episode Two to keep this gravy train rolling. I realised as I started it up that I've become quite attached to the characters and the storyline and I'm going to be sad to say goodbye to this world. HL2E2 is a nice step up from the previous games graphics-wise with some lovely environments so far. The section where you have to defend all the tunnels from being swarmed by antlions is so tense but great fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I went to a Goldeneye 007 party tonight (or “party”) but gently caress it was really fun, would recommend

Was this a party where everyone gets together to do 4-player Goldeneye multiplayer on the N64 (License to Kill, Pistols only)? Because if so, hell yeah.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The alien buddies in HL2E2 are the chillest of bros :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only game I like is called Pin the Grenade on the Capitalist

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God drat this is a TUNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfbBvsA1Hl8

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In PSP we were talking about a wrestling battle royal where you start with basic moves and build up your moveset by finding the gear from famous wrestlers and now I want that game so bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goomba Steve: Godammit, these projections are grim. Block production is down 75%!
Goomba Fred: Sorry, boss. Some rear end in a top hat keeps breaking them.
Goomba Steve: Tell me that we're still on set to hit our monthly mushroom targets.
Goomba Fred: ...He keeps eating the mushrooms.
Goomba Steve: That monster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

This is a gaming circle on social media, you jerk

Yes but we only talk about hunting monsters, ending capitalism and the quest for the perfect anime titty so it's fine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sakurazuka posted:

I prefer it when games don't play themselves

But it doesn't really, does it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't like XCOM cause the computer does the aiming for my soldiers so why am I even here?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sakurazuka posted:

Like once I guess

I guess you have to use the left stick to move around

I don't think you get Final Fantasy XII

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm happy to report that in HL2E2 Dog has taken on and destroyed a Strider all by himself because he is offically a Very Good Boy :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Was the world really looking for what if Fortnite but on a timer?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
^^^ Battle royals are big, big, big!

Wow, whoever came up with that final Strider battle in HL2E2 can get in the loving bin. What an absolute shitter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh man, THAT'S how the Half-Life series ends? I figured it would be 'the world is doomed' but somehow this is so much worse. Goddam :smith:

So Half-Life 3 is going to be announced soon, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samuringa posted:

I've found myself several times reading the earnings and reports of developing companies to see what games they plan on focusing next :(

Just gonna say this quest you went through was adorable, it reminded me of simpler days.

I'm glad you got a kick out of it :)

And now that I'm done with the Half-Life 2 story I get to kick on to Portal :woop:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The developer commentaries Valve did for the Half-Life episodes are cool and more developers should do it. To give my final thoughts on the series, it was definitely something that got better as it went along. I enjoyed HL2 but I wasn't really invested in the characters and the story was kinda chaotic. E1+2 tightened the focus of the story with clearer goals and the more I spent time with the characters the more I cared about them. The clear technogolical progression between games also helped a lot to make for better graphics and better set pieces which made things feel more impressive with each game. All in all it was a fun experience but I wouldn't really put it up there with my favourites. Perhaps E3 would have changed that but I guess Gaben's too busy rolling around in his stacks of titty game cash now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

I'm employed and can afford DMCV Deluxe, phew.

Sometimes the suffering is worth it :patriot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I woke up in some kind of science lab and I'm going to take part in some testing. I think I'm helping make new portal technology or something, it's very exciting! The safety messages sound a little intense but I'm sure they wouldn't do anything too risky with people. Everything's going to be fine :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It turns out portal testing is fun! I'm a bit concerned about the green poison death sludge but I've been assured that it's all just for show so that's all right :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aww, they said that once the testing is finished they're going to miss me. I really feel like I'm part of the Aperture Science family :3:

That's all I'm gonna play tonight because I don't want to blitz through the entire thing in one go but I look forward to playing more of this wholesome feelgood game tomorrow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

The tweet doesn’t mention this, but Samus playing a cello in the NES version of Tetris is a reference to the classic NES game Metroid (1986), in which the player plays the role of a bounty hunter named Samus Aran

Wow, Supper Mario Broth has really got lax with their fact checking smh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barudak posted:

This is really short sighted and desiring unobtainable purity while also cynically rejecting offhand that they possibly did this becayse they genuinely thought it was right; regardless of why someone gives you validation as important or worthy of inclusion in a non-stereotyped or demeaning way they have dones so and that is always a good thing.

It's 2019 and this is the year the queers take over video games. Your new mandated ship pairings are Link/Sheikh, Leon/Chris and Yuna/Rikku/Paine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm back to testing in my Portal playthrough. The puzzles are really fun and I'm having a blast. They even said when I finish I get to have cake! :neckbeard:

cheetah7071 posted:

can I ship Mimi/Totori instead

...I'll allow it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I'm back to testing in my Portal playthrough.

I found someone's hideout in a test chamber and it looks like they've gone crazy. I hope they're all right! Not everyone is cut out for testing :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I made a new friend! GLaDOS gave me a cube to be my companion! I think I'm gonna call him George :3:

e: GEORGE! NOOOO!! Oh god, I'm a monster :cry:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 9, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Imagine if Terry Gilliam was allowed to making a Walking Simulator with an unlimited budget

Also he was tripping balls the entire time.

Hideo Kojima personally comes round your house and injects you with LSD whenever you put the disc in the PlayStation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cowcaster posted:

give my mirror back

It looks better on me though