Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

jokes on you i was never good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

instead of playing kingdom hearts 3 or finishing ace combat 7 or starting claire's b route in re2 I loaded up tomb raider 3 instead and I'm already stuck in the first level because i can't find a key

but gently caress man, i love the crap out of it anyway, all the little details they've added since the last game, and the environment is great, and oh what's this we're rationing saves again but they go into your inventory as items... okay i guess.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Apparently I didn't find that key in Tomb Raider 3 because it bugged out of the level because a monkey can steal it but also it died on top of where the key was so I never even saw it and it didn't drop there so now I have to bug myself through the door to complete the level? I think I might just pass on this poo poo if a god damned progression bug hit me in the first level.

axelblaze posted:

Holy poo poo this looks insanely awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IpMDh23WP4

jesus loving christ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lol, the voice actor for Xemnas in KH3 is the same as the announcer in Soulcalibur VI.

WELCOME BACK TO THE STAGE OF TOY STORY

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm so loving salty about the final mission of AC7 right now, god drat

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ME1 was the most supremely boring game I've ever tried to play and I wrote off Bioware wholesale because of it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

is bubsy friends with nnyan cat

bubsy has no friends, only enemies

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

just play Hotline Miami again

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Are those alpha/beta/last chance trial bonuses for Nioh tied to your account or...?

Kinda just want to restart my file, I played those prerelease versions so much that by the time it came out I was tired of that first area, but also it's been so long that I'd want to start there again because I don't remember what things I had done. Coming out between Berseria and Breath of the Wild didn't help.

Cowcaster posted:

wasn't that kind of the plot of the megaman zero games on the gba

Not really, the zero games were about copies of x and zero. The originals were there, but you played the copy versus a copy.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'd imagine that they are tied to your account. You can have multiple save files, so you don't need to wipe anything out. I don't recall the pre-release stuff being that game-changing, just some minor stuff to help you through the first stage or two. Maybe a unique helmet?

I know they're no big deal but I played a shitload of those versions and I want my drat helmet(s).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Okay TR3 is officially benched forever. After using a glitch to warp under the ground so that I could get past a gate to pass the first freakin' level because of a key failing to be where it needed to be, I've been meandering through this absurdly long level that's filled with tons of lovely instant death traps. I know TR2 became a bit overly reliant on traps like that except this game rations saves and also expects the window for these traps to be super tight thanks to adding a sprint button so after dying to the same trap at least a dozen times after getting through a long platforming section because I have no saves this game can go gently caress itself.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

I never beat the first stage of TR3 so my only experience is playing the demo a lot.

they get better, right? i thought somebody said that but i might be comfortable writing off the rest of the original games at this point.

corn in the bible posted:

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

sen's fortress is the best level from dark souls 1.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

Who told you that?

lol, somebody in one of these chat threads

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

name them so we can all make fun

i don't actually remember which is why i was asking the question!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

e: I definitely will say I liked Tomb Raider 4 a lot more than 2 but on the other hand I played them all, like, a decade ago :shrug:

so far better than 2 describes 1 so i'll still try it at some point.

as long as it's not a buggy mess, anyway

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i mean, nobody needed to tell me about angel of darkness, i think it'd be hard not to know how poo poo it was

though that makes it tempting to try just from a "just how bad was it?" angle.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still partial to Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Ducktales

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

So I've been drifting through Steam Queues again for the heck of it, and yesterday I found that Dragon View was just randomly released on Steam, and today I found this game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/425770/Answer_The_Question/

At first I was waiting for the shoe to drop that this was something like Frog Fractions or whatever, but instead I noticed that the developer was just somebody's name and found out through the discussion pages that somebody just went and published their daughter's little game. :3:

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1022759518692814849

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lol, the knife's damage in RE2 is tied to framerate, so people on PC were upping it to ridiculous levels to kill bosses in seconds.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i started looking at the patch notes for nioh because cowcaster unceasingly talking about it has finally maybe gotten me to be interested in going back to it, and jesus christ that's a lot of patches.

they even added the ability to play music off a usb drive, lol.

I did also decide to randomly boot up the Wii U a couple days ago though so maybe I can finally go through Wooly World, now that I finally polished off the rest of my Mario Maker bookmarks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Talking about Nioh is making me want to do a 3rd playthrough. I never did tackle any of the DLC though and I really should since I have it.

oh... right... dlc

well, guess that can continue waiting until that's on sale.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The complete edition is currently $25 on Steam. If you own the PS4 version, the season pass is $25.

Phantasium posted:

well, guess that can continue waiting until that's on sale on PS4

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah I paid full price for the base game at launch just to not play it so I think I'm going to scrimp a lot with this one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

being mana starved or mana flooded is poison to me

i feel like there's a seiken densetsu where you're the villain here

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

quote:

“Thanks for listening, and I look forward to seeing a bunch of e-celebs virtue signal over this."

lmao

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Breath of Fire is their fourth worst selling franchise, tied with Final Fight, and only selling more than Commando, 1942, and Okami.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Curse this rotten world

It's doing actually pretty well for what is ostensibly one game being ported all over the place, it's the best selling of those three.

I mean I know Okamiden counted for the total but it can't be a large part of it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Wasn't someone talking about cheap Nioh some pages ago?

kinda me but I was just wanting the dlc on PS4 since I already own the game and I know it's gone on sale before for cheaper than that, even.

I was tempted when i saw that in the deals thread, though

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i don't know if it's in or hip or what the kids play, but you should get them katamari damacy reroll

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Why do people care about video game stocks unless you're a stock broker

big fans of

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

give my mirror back

https://youtu.be/FdpNgXJwd_M?t=34

cowcaster rn

The Colonel posted:

this game's sick

I never could beat the getsu fuma stage in harmony of despair.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 9, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Guy who's never worked ona game with bad gameplay is probably going to beef it this time for some reason,

i was going to post a deep cut like penguin's adventure to pretend to be scared but instead I've learned there was a third boktai game between 2 and Lunar Knights

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i did not have access to the internet at all until 2004, and i did not have access to non-dialup internet until 2010, and by the time I could have actually played a game online my tastes had been firmly cemented

arcades died earlier here, and also before i was capable of driving, so now playing against anything but an ai that i can eventually figure out is just exhausting

i used to play smash bros melee with my cousins but that was because it was like the only multiplayer anything either of us had, and it was still a matter of the younger cousin being bad at action games and the older one being bad against cheese strats so it was just me loving around mostly

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

There's something...off about the game in general, I can't quite put my finger on what. Like the writing and story on its face is not awful but it flows very weirdly and I'm constantly confused by why things are happening and why I should care. And while the gameplay is generally solid the upgrade path with the tweaks is kind of unsatisfying.

I don't know. I'm vaguely disappointed with it at the moment but a friend of mine loved it so much that I feel pretty compelled to press on.

The creator is not a native English speaker, it gives it this alternate PS1-era translation vibe that I can dig.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

still Mortal Kombat

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wooly World has some goodass music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-yoI2pFQRw

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

always nice to come home for lunch and have a conditional eviction notice on the door

especially twice in as many months

you know you can call people if you missed finding the rent check and not instantly jump to eviction, right, or not couch a rent increase as "NOTICE OF EVICTION or increase of monthly rental sign here for the dollar increase"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like if i ever mention how much of a disappointment odyssey was to me i'll be crucified

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you heard it microsoft you waited too long, you've only got 3 days to delay it this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Go for it, I'm here for interesting criticism!

There's nothing elaborate to it, just the slow stunning realization that came after playing Odyssey immediately after 3D World that I missed the style of the older Mario games and never got into the repeat this sandbox stage looking for stars thing, and that I had never managed to convince myself to finish 64, did the bare minimum to complete Sunshine, Galaxy 1, and Odyssey, and never even bothered to play Galaxy 2. Mario Maker also showing me fun levels in the classic styles didn't help.

What should have been a cool reveal at the end showing you Mario 64 world or whatever was just the feeling of "do I even care, I barely touched 64, I don't want to collect a million stars doing boring tasks to unlock the fun obstacle course parts or waste time looking for the ones that are available"

Like I'm playing Yoshi's Wooly World right now and despite that game not being as good as like Tropical Freeze or 3D World the SNES games I hold in high acclaim I'm still enjoying it way more than Odyssey.

Real hurthling! posted:

Talk about how botw is a lovely zelda instead cause thats at least true

BotW is my favorite one, sorry. Well, behind Majora's Mask maybe. I never want to talk about that though because eliciting people to discuss their feelings on Botw should be a crime. I don't want to hear the term weapon durability ever again. Everything I like about the game has been vivisected down to the most incremental degree to the point where I can't even think of the things I enjoyed about it anymore without some inner monologue describing why that thing I liked was poo poo, and I still haven't done the DLC because of that. I fully realize this is stupid.

al-azad posted:

Maybe the pachinko game in Sunshine that can eat my rear end.

That part isn't hard, it's just broken and lovely and the worst part I can think of in a Mario game. Yes let's have something where you hit this bounce pad and your momentum is locked into a part of the area already seemingly randomly and trying to move against it does nothing. If the randomness was intentional because it's a pachinko machine then there are several people that should be shot into the sun.