Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
im gonna be the only person in the world to buy far cry new dawn, you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

I hope you get a personal thank you letter from Ubisoft

John Ubisoft is going to be my friend irl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Another RTS I enjoyed was Dawn of War II because it didn't have base building. :P The multiplayer was awesome because it was basically just capturing and holding points on a map against your opponents. I enjoyed that, it felt unique for an RTS. I just wish it had more Warhammer 40,000 races. Dawn of War III was also super disappointing and sold poorly so post launch support was dropped quickly.

you should play man of war, it's cool and extremely cheap a lot of the time.

don't buy the sequels though cause most of them are awful

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bark bark

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9cXeaKLuw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i found out that at some point i bought the pc port of billy hatcher

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I didn't even know it had a PC port.

it does, though i guess you cannot buy it anymore.

good morning!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

frajaq posted:

Anyone here uses Origin Access? I just took a look at the list of games in it and I'm honestly impressed, but does EA pulls some weird poo poo with it or what?

the cheap version usually doesn't include dlc for stuff. you gotta pay for the expensive plan or buy it outright to access that stuff. so that's the catch

of course if a game doesn't have dlc then it doesn't really matter and you just get to play the thing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

drat the re2 remake is loving great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I do think though that, so far, I might put RE7 above RE2 remake. Jack > Mr X, any day

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

My bioware take is that I really liked dragon age origins at the time but probably wouldn't have if I played it for the first time today. Since then I've kept playing them out of inertia. 2 was laughably bad in many respects but also cool in some others and inquisition also exists I guess

Finally, pannenkoek's time to shine

there is only microtransaction and no microtransaction, you can't say there's only half,

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

stimpack yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, royale go the battles

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I still think ME1 was way better than 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I really liked ac origins but maybe Odyssey is better I don't have it

Afaik there's just the game and then gold which has the dlc in, I don't think there's anything else to care about

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I think it's Expanded Universe. And it has no Titans or wall-running etc. It just has the weapons from Titanfall. Even the art design looks absolutely nothing like titanfall its just Overwatch

battle royale but there's also titans and you can parkour would be way better than this. why is it so lame

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rise of the Tomb Raider

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Metal Gear Survive

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

where is gex 4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I finally decided to pay for the stupid remaster of dark souls. charging money for a patch to make networking not be broken is cool and rad.

Anyway I can finally see phantoms and messages, and the game doesn't lag constantly, so maybe I'll get further this time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

noice

edit: who was that guy who was completely loving melting down over dark souls remastered when it was coming out as being a shoddy cash grab, which it basically was but he was super loving pissed off just posting like a maniac about how angry he was and then i think he ended up buying it anyway

i might be thinking of the vermintide 2 or destiny 2 threads by accident

I dunno but seeing as I just spent ten bucks solely to make dark souls connect online properly I'm siding with the angry guy on this one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hunt Down The Freeman is the true episode 3, duh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

sorry for spamming the chat thread with solicitations for hot nioh tips from the gaming pros but this is all soulsborne stuff i would normally be spending 30 hours reading up on from a wiki but as we've established that's not really a resource here so i'm kind of rudderless

dude just play the videogame it's not a career choice

e: I definitely will say I liked Tomb Raider 4 a lot more than 2 but on the other hand I played them all, like, a decade ago :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

i don't actually remember which is why i was asking the question!

considering all you've got left is last revelation (which I do remember liking but I think was largely just considered more of the same), chronicles (terrible), and angel of darkness (worse than cancer), maybe just play other games.

or you could play the middle trilogy, those are fun

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

If memory serves they wont get terribly buggy again until chronicles and then it becomes catastrophically buggy in Angel of Darkness

angel of darkness is just depressing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

i mean, nobody needed to tell me about angel of darkness, i think it'd be hard not to know how poo poo it was

though that makes it tempting to try just from a "just how bad was it?" angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDCOjGPPFM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'll admit that I don't actually know what chromatic abberation even is

its the color separation that happens at the edge of lenses.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

an actual dog posted:

Team Fortress 2 YouTuber Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

should have stayed dead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Has The Caligula Effect: Overdose been on anyones radar? It's created by Tadashi Satomi, he was the scenario creator and writer on Persona 1 & 2 that wrote the backgrounds for the characters and setting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsw2QwhyUq8

the original was really, really bad. i don't know if they changed a ton of things but if not, definitely don't buy it.

you have to grind friendship with NPCs as a major progression mechanic, but you don't do this by doing interesting things or even reading dialog; rather, you find one and watch a canned talking animation happen over and over until they reach a point where they give you a fetch quest which will raise their friendship to the next level. repeat literally 1000x

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 8, 2019

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I've been really enjoying Hitman, which I always thought would be a hard pass for me because of all the people talking about the intricacies of every map and the hidden stuff you can find and I just don't have the patience anymore to keep wandering around hoping I find the perfect situation to neutralize my target. But it actually has a "filthy casual" mode where they give you pointers when you select a storyline and you can look in the Challenges menu if you want to sauce it up.

I've only completed all the storylines of the Final Exam so far but it was fantastic.

I'm playing it through Hitman 2 too, which I don't know how it affects any of those things.

It's worth playing around and trying to do some silly non-scripted kills too. You get a bunch of fun tools to mess with!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

if people keep getting fooled by Destiny's bullshit they absolutely will buy Anthem, it's not unrealistic for the game to sell lots

it will sell lots but with ea's stupid budget assumptions it needs to sell more copies than is probably actually possible

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Andrast posted:

If the gameplay of Death Stranding is anything on the level of MGSV I'll buy it immediately.

MGSV felt so good to play

I hated it tbh, it's way too loving easy to avoid being seen no matter the context. Its basically not a stealth game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MGSV isn't even as good a stealth game as 3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The first Spyro was a tech demo in some ways. Nobody thought the PS1 could handle LOD culling and stuff like that, and they were able to make it work and have big, open levels on a console that generally couldn't pull that off so smoothly. But obviously, once you have the tech, you can spend more time on other stuff in the sequels!

Spyro 2 is rad as hell imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I already like Spyro 2 more because water doesn't hurt me

a cool thing is Spyro keeps all the abilities you learned in 1, and they carry over all the new stuff from 2 into 3 as well. The problem of doing this is they had to come up with a bunch of new gimmicks because they were running out of stuff for Spyro to actually do

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Does Spyro have any ‘tude? Never played the games but he’s got those 90s eyes

occasionally he will say he's going to "kick someone's butt" or something similarly 90s, but usually he doesn't and there really isn't a lot of dialog anyway. on the other hand there's skateboard minigames in the sequels and you don't get more 90s than that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm playing Elex now and I still can't go anywhere without getting murdered.

That's pirahna bytes for you. Get a companion as soon as possible--the barbarian guy you meet at the start can be recruited and that's probably easiest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I've played Gothics and Risens before I don't remember them being quite this rough though lol.
That dude seemed to want me to do some sprawling quest before he'd actually go anywhere with me unless I'm missing some obvious companion option somewhere.

iirc if you go find him in the fort after agreeing to help, he'll join up with you. or maybe you gotta do his quest first, i'm not sure, but if so it's one that only involves talking to people and no real combat