Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only game I want this month is Dirt Rally 2.0. I did good in January with working on my backlog, I completed 9 games. Currently I am finishing Red Dead Redemption 2 and then I want to finish Assassin's Creed Odyssey, both are titles i've been working on since their releases last year. I also did good about not buying new games in January, the only title I ended up buying was Re-Legion on Steam and that was $19. I might refund it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really looking forward to Warcraft III Remaster later this year. I don't really like real time strategy games anymore, but Warcraft was a big part of my childhood.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've moved away from being competitive in stuff like FPS but just replaced it with fighting games. When Warcraft 3 remastered comes out we will see if I can still keep up in RTS.

I'll play first person shooters if the multiplayer has a mode that lets you play against just bots. I play a lot of Call of Duty this way and it's relaxing, Star Wars Battlefront II, and Quake Champions are other good games with bot modes. Fighting games work well for me too because Versus mode typically lets you play endlessly against AI.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I've never cared for DBZ.

Same, I don't like the characters and that is a big part of why I choose the fighting games I do. Right now i'm really only looking forward to Mortal Kombat XI for fighting games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will Dead or Alive 6 be a good game? I missed that it is coming out the 15th this month.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Another RTS I enjoyed was Dawn of War II because it didn't have base building. :P The multiplayer was awesome because it was basically just capturing and holding points on a map against your opponents. I enjoyed that, it felt unique for an RTS. I just wish it had more Warhammer 40,000 races. Dawn of War III was also super disappointing and sold poorly so post launch support was dropped quickly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

Is there any info on Etrian Odyssey Nexus out there.

You answered your own question when you responded to mine. :P It's not on Nintendo Switch though so there's that. :sigh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

all i've heard about EON is that it's apparently real loving long, which actually might keep me from picking it up

On the plus side the Eterian Odyssey series is pretty straight forward. What has mostly kept me from enjoying that series, despite buying three of the games, is that they are brutally hard even on the easiest difficult settings. It's also possible to create totally worthless team compositions that can't advance without realizing it until it's too late.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am currently playing Pokemon Let's Go and MTGA a bunch so I don't know if I have time for another game, but...

Should I do it

Those are pro tier sprites.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tried the xbox demo of Anthem and still don’t like the game. :/ It just feels so stiff and weird to play. Also it feels like the Xbox One X hardware is struggling to keep up with the game, which is not good. Very pretty game, but going to give it a pass as that is all Anthem has going for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It’s not at all difficult or even time consuming to get to power 650 in Destiny 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

like tears in rain...

Lol I bought that game back when it was still available.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Bag of Milk posted:

I wanted to mention Axiom Verge, one of my favorite games to come out in the past few years, since it will be free on the Epic game store this month starting on the 7th. I'd urge anyone who has slept on this one to give it a shot.

Axion Verge has been on my radar since before it came out but i've yet to buy it. Now I have no excuses now that it'll be free. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAH-iOAS2vQ

Rez vs Ecco The Dolphin vs Tetris Effect :nyoron:

In small text at the end of the trailer it says VR is not required. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pharohman777 posted:

Oh, and that ffxiv Nier: automata raid is a raid series, so there are gonna be 3 yoko taro raids like the previous raid series.

I am out of the loop, is there going to be Nier Automata cross over content into FFXIV?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wasn't Battlefield V suppose to have a Battle Royale mode?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Marvels cat in the comic is suppose to be a super intelligent genius with super powers. I wonder if that is how this cat will be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes this is good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight's video game is filing my 2018 taxes. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

FFXIV seems to be shaping up like my dream Final Fantasy. A bunch of stuff from past and future games thrown together with a bunch of cameo fights. I hope they throw in the races from 9 and 10 someday.

Unfortunately it's held back by a lot of crappy gated content, hours of boring dialog and cutscenes, and forced group dungeons to advance. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

it's probably for the best that the show has no HD remaster because even at its highest budget, the CG is awful and the establishing shots of cities look like pre-rendered backgrounds from a playstation JRPG

I wish B5 had the same pop culture impact that Star Trek the Next Generation had; that show was eventually remastered fully into 1080p and much of the CGI was completely redone, but that was justified due to how gigantic Star Trek is. Babylon 5 though is one of my absolute favorite TV shows, and I wish there was a current gen game based on it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like any modern MMORPGs because all of the "good" ones have become massively bloated and overwhelming from years of new expansions. If your MMORPG has players reaching level 100 and 3+ expansions then it's time to release a sequel or at least offer classic versions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going to watch the Superbowl today while painting my first ever Warhammer Age of Sigmar figures. It's suppose to snow today and tomorrow as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here was my morning :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Titanfall 2 really wasn’t that good. The single player was alright and very short, while the multiplayer was painfully unbalanced and not fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully 2019 is the last year we have to worry about new Battle Royals games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

what's the next trend

No more video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

If this thread isn't stickied by the end of today, I declare myself the new mod. I won't do anything or enforce any rules except a new one that all posts must include a unit quote from your favorite RTS. And I will be unreasonable about it.

*busts out Age of Empire quotes* it's my time to shine!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

By the way, Dead or Alive 6 has been delayed until March 1st, so it's no longer a February game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anthem sucks because its free roam mode is covered in invisible walls, meaning most far off places you see can't actually be visited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

hmm looks like assassin's creed odyssey is $30 so with the 5 off it'd be $25 too... or i could finally get origins for $20 and save a fiver... this is the most i've thought about a steam sale in a long time

vote for odyssey

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

well i started to have to look at charts of what version of odyssey and what versions of origins i'd need to buy in order to get any story dlc and they're all more expensive and also gently caress this noise i think i'm going with nioh

Nioh is great too but just get the standard edition of odyssey.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Far Cry 5 is $15 :eyepop: I kinda want that game but I know it won't run acceptably on my PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would play Apex Legends if it had a non-Battle Royale mode. Something small scale like 6v6 team deathmatch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frajaq posted:

Are any of the characters actually attractive

The robot is sexy as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I know EA Games gets a lot of poo poo for killing off game developers, especially devs from the 90s, however, I would argue that EA Games did the right thing allowing these studios to die. Everyone from the old EA guard has gone on to make kickstarter scams and other trash. The most well known dumpster fires that were spawned from EA's mercy killings were Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

man, i forgot there was even a battlefield v. didn’t one (the 4th battlefield) come out just last year

What is especially weird about this new Battle Royale game is that Battlefield V is already getting a BR mode later this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

then again they called the first battlefield battlefield 1942

Still waiting for the other 1941 sequels.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Here's the thing if this game does well that's great for Respawn as far as keeping their doors open but then they are gonna be stuck doing Apex Legends updates for the rest of eternity

It won't, this is the end of Respawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

someday EA's value will drop to the point where they'll be acquired by a larger company and then they'll be the ones having to deal with the possibility of shuttering

Honestly I don't think a single person works at EA with the assumption that their job is secure or long term.