Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

They should'ave gone with an elaborate "Turn on your monitor" joke by making the monitor a mirror....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Spent the evening playing Apex Legends (ugh that name) and it's actually fun as gently caress? I feel like it makes a ton of smart updates to the formula.

Just being able to revive teammates is huge. I revived a guy on my team when there were only 4 total people remaining, turning a 1v3 into a 2v3. It keeps death from being frustrating and instead you're waiting to see if your teammates can turn the tables.

Hope people give it a chance. I know it's not Titanfall 3 but it still feels great to play and I feel like Respawn really put a lot into it.

I haven't and I will never play BR but the funny thing here is that a F2P game seems to be playable normally whereas the demo of a 7-year-development AAA game was a shitshow of epic proportions.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So I just spent 45 minutes explaining to MS phone support that my win10 pro did not activate after swapping my mobo even though I had an ms live account and it even recognized my pc.

Turns out if you upgraded to win 10 for free a while ago you may need a completely new key now. My guess is they try trick unsuspecting users into buy a new key. Would explain why it points you towards the store immediately.

What does this have to do with games?
I upgraded from an AMD 4670k 4c4t to a ryzen 2600x 6c12t CPU, still using my rx480 grfx card for 1080p gaming.
My FPS in BFV went from ~70 to 120-150 depending on the map and The Division is buttery smooth at almost all ultra settings, too.

This is bonkers!

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 7, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Too good for 60 FPS, huh?

Nope, still on a 60hz monitor :negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Wait, so if you're on a 60hz monitor how is an FPS jump from 70 - 120 even recognizable to you?

BFV is much smoother and snappier because there are now 0 dips under 60 at all and I guess its because the cpu doesn't struggle. As much with calculating object positions etc.
In the division I was able to crank up the details from medium to ultra with a few exceptions on high. It is mostly visual fidelity with that game, but before, turning around was stuttery even though it was at 60 fps. I can't explain why but I assume it was the same bottleneck with non-gpu related proceasing of objects.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
PMC as in private military contractor or whatever soldiers of fortune are called?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Fools, depression can only be surmounted by overloading your body into a state of total physical exhaustion before the ravages of time and a poor diet can do that for you.

That has to be the most roundabout way you ever said "run a marathon"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Someone explain these to me please :(

Oh god these are offenively bad.

And whoever made them even hosed up the best of them by making it "I want to Mario-you Valentine" instead of just" I want to Mario, Valentine".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm genuinely curious why EA pushed this out right next to Apex.

I think you are looking in the wrong direction. A F2P BR game by the same publisher is not a competitor for sales money for a full price loot-shooter with a new IP. The Division 2, a full price loot shooter with an established IP coming out on March 15th by a different publisher is though.