Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

hmm looks like assassin's creed odyssey is $30 so with the 5 off it'd be $25 too... or i could finally get origins for $20 and save a fiver... this is the most i've thought about a steam sale in a long time

Get Odyssey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/07/team-fortress-2-youtuber-comes-back-after-faking-own-death-in-2015

quote:

Team Fortress 2 YouTuber Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

:goofy:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

really wish I had bought that cheap copy of this I saw last year, now
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1094013782957862912

Why is this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They shut down Guitar Hero TV without enough of a warning, which contained most of the content of the game.

Oh I see

*reads wikipedia*

quote:

Activision shuttered the GHTV mode on December 1, 2018, reducing the available Guitar Hero songs from almost 500, to 42.

Oh I SEE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Walking sims are good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Walking sims sucks and are boring

Hmmm wrong, bitch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

In Apex Legends, if the game crashes, there's no option to reconnect :thumbsup:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Fans of the series I know seem to think it's mediocre to disappointing

Fans of the series I know seem to think it owns, bitch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bowsette would never setting down in a marriage

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Krump Force

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mario Odyssey is the best game on that list, so that

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

mario oddessey was good for photo mode but 3d world was way better

I liked 3D World better too, but Odyssey is still the best game on that list up there

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Phantasium posted:

I feel like if i ever mention how much of a disappointment odyssey was to me i'll be crucified

I say how much I didn't like Breath of the Wild all the time, live dangerously my friend

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

homeless snail posted:

if there's no gently caress then explain this guy

Is he doing the Soulja Boy dance

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

congrats on your ostensibly functional adult friend ruining his life by becoming an aficionado of a form of toys for children

HELL yeah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Final Fantasy 7 owns, baybeeeee

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the remake still happening

I kind of don't want it to be? And I'm saying that as a huge idiot fanboy for FF7

I don't think they'll be able to do it justice. I think a big thing is they'll screw up Cloud and Aeris' characters, because they have done that in everything post FF7. I think voices will ruin it. Honestly if it was literally everything else was the same from the original except updated graphics I'd be down. Same dialogue, same battle system, etc, just make the world fully 3D instead of the models on paintings (though those backgrounds looked awesome). But I'm not really confidant they'd do the rest right.

I'm also a huge fan of the materia system over the other Final Fantasy systems, and I think they're gonna mess that up too :ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CrRoMa posted:

still gonna buy the ff7 remake day 1

I mean yeah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1095443646457901056

Read the room Geoff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Celeste is the best game that came out last year, hope that helps

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's 2019 and Undertale music still slaps

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Japan is many things, but progressive towards LGBT rights is not one of them.

Persona 5, another game by Atlus, a game I absolutely loved, has a few problems similar to this kind of thing that are kind of gross and it sucks because the game is otherwise so good. There's two gay dudes in the game that are brought up twice, and they handled completely as a joke and their portrayal is so lovely and offensive.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Wrong, it's not being able to Social Link with Makoto's older sister.

Um... how far did you get in Persona 5

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

He's a big homophobe/transphobe. The new Catherine remake has an ending that pretty much states that Erica, a fully transitioned straight transwoman, would be better off if she was an un-transitioned gay man. Not to mention the stuff that was already in the original Catherine and all the gay panic in the Persona games since 3.

Time really has been cooling my love of Persona 4.

It's really weird this is even a thing that's happening, because they seemed to handle Lala Escargot perfectly fine. in Persona 5, outside of like a single line where you have the option to ask "do I have to cross dress?" when getting a job with her, she is otherwise handled great. Like, no one ever refers to her as a man, no one ever gets her pronouns wrong, there's never a scene where a character is like "whoa hold on THAT'S A DUDE! Gross!" or anything. All the regulars at the bar treat her normally, etc. So it's not like they're not capable of handling this kind of thing better. They just choose not to in Catherine's case or gay characters in general. Though I guess Lala-chan is technically not trans and just cross dresses so maybe they don't consider it the same thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Colonel posted:

design on the right is the original one, got changed because hashino said it wasn't cute enough

Well luckily she's the worst and most boring confidant with the worst perks, and it doens't help that they pair her with the far more interesting Lala who you CAN'T have a social link with. So no huge loss

Looper posted:

yeah it'd be really nice if we could get a game that does the premise justice. still can't believe chie becomes a cop

There's a streamer I watch who is very much of the "gently caress cops" mindset. Imagine his surprised when the girl he picked, Makoto, told him what she wanted to do with her life near the end of her social link :v:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 16, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1097918744385310720

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i got my wisdom teeth out probably 15 years ago, i don't remember much about the experience

I got mine out when I was a teenager. I remember the procedure itself was nothing, except I did wake up near the end of it when they weren't quite done, but I still couldn't feel anything so I just experienced the guy basically struggling to get the tooth out, and I could hear the cracking sounds as it was happening. I don't remember anything else about that, but what I remember clearly was the full week afterwards where I was basically in the worst pain in my life and couldn't do anything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

thehoodie posted:

What's a good JRPG to play? Preferably on ps4 but also accepting submissions for PC

Persona 5!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have one friend who has been super super hype for Anthem since the moment it was announced. He has never not been excited for it. I'm pretty sure he got the Origin early access thing specifically for Anthem, he's been playing it for the past week. He loves it and was super excited for it leading up to release.

I'm gonna try the game, since I got it free with my new video card anyway, but like... I do not understand where his excitement and hype is coming from.

I mean there's that guy recently who got banned from Fallout 76 because of collecting too much ammo, because he put like 900 hours into the game and even the devs thought that seemed fishy. Every game is gonna have one or two really hype fans

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Game updates on Origin feel like they take an eternity compared to like, Battle.net games. I guess the updates are just larger.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

i dont like five guys as much as shake shack or the local chains but theyre the only place here that has those coke machines that have like 50 flavors so there's that

Five Guys is trash, Shake Shack is loving delicious and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are their shakes

Their what

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I've seen that post before, I think it was a twitlonger? Or a reddit post. Either way it's an abomination and if you don't like cheese on your burger and your body is able to process cheese, you don't deserve a burg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Hot dog hot dog hot dog hot dog hot dog hot dog hot dog

Mushroom mushroom

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Detective Pikachu looks fuckin' great. How did this happen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

C-Euro posted:

lol if you ever doubted this

I doubted it until they showed off the first trailer and this second trailer is even more hype.

It was a very good decision to have the Pokemon still retain their actual designs, just with realistic textures and fur, instead of trying to completely redesign them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The worst Pokemon is Bidoof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hope Fortnite continues to be successful, and keeps making nerds who are now old very angry for the game existing.

Unrelated, Yoko Taro got to meet a REAL celebrity:

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1101341847035625472