Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Super Bowl yesterday was absolutely godawful. It was the lowest scoring game of all time, with the two teams scoring a combined 16 points in a showing that was very impressive (I'm sure) to people who know a lot about the finer points of defense, but very boring for people like me who want to watch a man put a ball in the zone of score. The halftime show was godawful, with Big Boi providing the only point of light in an otherwise devastatingly mediocre performance. However, what I found to be most galling was the NFL's insane decision to portray themselves as paragons of social justice, spreading the message of tolerance across our great nation. As if they didn't just blacklist an incredible football player for daring to suggest that something more could be done to fight bigotry in this country than paying lip service to the idea that racism is bad.

That's why I'd like to express my appreciation for Colin Kaepernick. He could have just worked quietly, made his millions, and retired in luxury. Instead, he used his position to draw attention to the problem of police brutality against minorities in America. Much like the man who the NFL made a big show of expressing their fondness for yesterday, he peacefully expressed his discontent with the current state of affairs as the bile of lesser men rose around him. The NFL, those beacons of anti-racist sentiment, demanded that he stop. He didn't, and they blacklisted him. We should all aspire to be more like him. We should all be willing to stand for what's right even when the assholes who have somehow come to run everything tell us to sit down and shut up.

Oh, and we should stop watching the NFL. It sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU