Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Who went at 2 if Mookie was there at 3?

Arenado

here's my team, picked 6th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

What was the trade that was vetoed?

Jayson Heyward for Giancarlo Stanton

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey just gotta say the Fire and Forget and Dingerball leagues rule because I get to watch numbers go up and down but don't have to spend any time setting a lineup ever.

agree, best leagues. set up a dozen more leagues like them next season, and i'll join them all

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I’m missing something. Why wasn’t Marco Gonzalez credited with the win? Unless my fantasy cast wasn’t refreshed he was in the game 5-3

Also I made the Marquez Muncy deal. Here’s hoping it works out

he got pulled after the 7th and they scored their go ahead runs in the top of the 9th

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

everyone in Texas thinks Leclerc is tipping his pitches somehow, they just haven't figured out how specifically. I would expect he ends up back as the closer before all too long but I don't blame anyone for cutting loose because it's not like his command is looking any good independently of that

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I was planning on giving Travis Shaw another couple weeks but jesus christ man 0 for 7????

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Same. He looks broken to me. Something is wrong in Milwaukee, I think Yelich took his and Aguilar's power.

his underlying numbers are all consistent with his norms except for K% and in-zone contact%. I know he just made some sort of mechanics change, he told one of the Milwaukee beat guys he changed something with his hand positioning I think, and either a mechanical problem or an injury make the most sense for what's going on with him. he is seeing a lot more of the shift so far, up to 47.9% from 23.something% in 2018 and 17.x% in 2017, and maybe that hurts him even if he gets right/gets healthy, but he's always done a fine job of hitting to all fields and his numbers this year are the same as always in that regard. I'm giving him another week in leagues where I own him and then cutting bait, and expecting to regret it like 2 days later. drat his tempting eligibility

The Pussy Boss posted:

Mallex Smith is hitting .375 with 5 bags in his first 5 games at AAA. No idea how long he stays down, but if he was dropped, keep an eye on him for sure (I'm holding in a couple of leagues)

they've still got lefties coming up tomorrow in E-Rod and Anderson on the 13th, so I would bet he comes up after that. the lefties get a little more spread out from there and he won't have to sit as much if he's in the majors

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fawning deference posted:

I just picked up Mackenzie Gore to stash - anyone have an instinct on when he'll be called up? He's dominating AAA.

Gore is currently in high A-ball. the dominating part is very true still, but that is an important distinction. really doubt he even shows up as a September call-up this year,

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I chose Ronny in my leagues, but I also needed a 3B-capable guy on my bench more than anything else. if you are in an OBP league, I probably take Dietrich because of his added value there and if not I would personally go with Ronny. he likely won't hurt you as much in AVG and whatever power contributions he brings will be backed up with some steals. Ronny's statcast numbers look more encouraging to me than Dietrich's as well. he's 70th in the majors so far with a 45.5% hard hit rate vs Dietrich's 234th ranked 34.8%, his 89.0 mph exit velocity is 164th vs. Dietrich's 87.1 down at 254th.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Doltos posted:

Yeah I'm about to cut bait on Shaw even though the waiver wire has nothing

it sounds like he's going on the IL to allow for Hiura to come up, I don't know that there's a very bright future when he returns, but it might be worth stashing him and waiting if you have the IL spot. always a chance Hiura can't cut it in his first go in the bigs and Shaw has a route back to regular playing time

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I expect Leclerc to be closing again for Texas soon. since getting demoted from that position, he has 6 appearances and has thrown 8 innings with 1 hit allowed, 4 walks given up, 15 strikeouts, and only allowing one total (earned) run

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

I expect Leclerc to be closing again for Texas soon. since getting demoted from that position, he has 6 appearances and has thrown 8 innings with 1 hit allowed, 4 walks given up, 15 strikeouts, and only allowing one total (earned) run

So, how close is Leclerc to returning to the ninth inning?

“He’s real close,” manager Chris Woodward said.

Yes. Yes Jose. come back and justify the way-too-loving-high draft price I paid for you in 4 leagues. please.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I would drop Choo to make room

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Here's a fun game for everyone not in the Fire and Forget league (or for people in the league if they want to play without cheating I guess): Name these players that went undrafted

hey thanks for the reminder to check how that F&F team of mine is doi---

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

coronaball posted:

Someone dropped Albies in my 10 man redraft league. Has he really been that bad?

he's been pretty useless batting against righties. i'd possibly be dropping him in 12 team redrafts too

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

add the Martinez

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

miss every draft. always auto-draft trea turner in dingers-only leagues. draft jake bauers in every league. never let anyone else see your tears.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

who would you be dropping him for?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

Vogelbach, Christian Walker, Winker, Chris Taylor. I feel like there’s a ton of guys with potential on waivers.

either of the first two, sure. I wouldn't drop him for Winker but it's kind of close and if you're hurting in AVG or OPS or whatever more than you are in the counting stats Myers brings, I can see it. Taylor's exit velocity is way down (career: 87.4 / 2018: 88.6 / 2019: 84.2 mph) and his xBA, xWOBA, and hard hit % are all in the bottom 10% of the league. I would not touch that fella and his lies

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

I’m not really hurting in any particular offensive categories, which is why I’ve been patient. I feel like I should wait it out with him but he’s just been totally unplayable.

well if you're doing fine with him on the roster, I think you can make a solid case for keeping him and waiting it out. his batting average is way below expectations right now, you would expect it to come back up some - some. maybe he goes .245 the rest of the way, which with his counting stat production, would be dang good. over his last 30 days, he is hitting a ghastly .195 with just 2 HRs but does have 5 steals, and thanks to the help of his good eye, still has 13 runs scored. if you're in a league where nobody has Vogelbach on their roster right now, there should still be plenty of interesting guys to add in 2-3 weeks. I just have a fantasy hard-on for dudes who can dinger and swipe bags and will defend Myers until i or he dies

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 26, 2019

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

coronaball posted:

God help you if your opponent has Yankees. This is wild.

I'm going to be a very brave boy and start ERod tomorrow anyway

e: I lied I wussed out super hard. this stadium is terrifying

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 30, 2019

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eno sarris just did an article on the athletic pointing out that the HR derby doesnt really hurt anyones second half production the way we think. everyone go out and find the nerd in your league who believes that the derby is a dinger slayer and trade for his derby men imo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am riding and dying with rich hill this week as i expect all other brave fantasy-goers to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dick Mountain: shortest ride, longest line, WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!