Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
charlie blackmon is back, mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

not as bad as andrew miller

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

it's bad op, I'm a hair away from just dropping him outright

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

really glad he chose the week I'm facing him to remember how to pitch

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

both rizzo and votto are notoriously slow starters, i wouldn't be worried for another two or theee weeks yet and would be trying to buy low wherever possible

in other news, the gently caress andrew miller parade marches on

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah his BABIP is at .200, 85 points below his career average, but is still getting on base at a .362 clip. who is selling this show yourself coward

e: if votto were on my WW in a 12 teamer i would absolutely pick him up, especially if he's already cleared waivers. that seems like the most insanely low-risk buy low that I've ever seen. who could you possibly be stashing on your bench that you're looking at votto on the wire and are like nah I'm good? if your team is that stacked, I'd pick him up so no one else can have him and just put your drat foot on the gas

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 24, 2019

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

at the very least I'd much rather bet that miggy is dead than votto

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Should I burn my #1 WW spot on Flaherty? Someone also dropped Mikolas.

I dropped Mikolas. He's just too much of a contact picther to be worthy of rostering in anything 12 teams or less if he's not pitching well. If he's not rolling with an ERA and WHIP under like 3.50/1.15, he's just not getting enough Ks/Ws/QS to really be an asset. it's one thing if he was one of those guys with a 4.00 ERA but a 10.50 k/9, a k/9 under 6 just isn't gonna cut it for a guy with an ERA over 5. He's only a hold in 14 teamers or 12 teamers with deep benches imho. if you're in a 10 teamer or less or a 12 teamer with shallow benches/a lot of injuries, i would cut him without hesitation

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Simpsons Reference posted:

Now do Hendricks

Hendricks Ks more than Mikolas for sure (still not great, but servicable) and has a better track record. I would definitely give him a little more leash but I wouldn't trade for/drop anyone of relative importance to get him

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Is McGowin worth streaming against the Marlins because, well, they're the Marlins

Mengden is also available against Seattle and that's in Oakland

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Even though I was higher on Rizzo than most, I traded him for Scherzer. Scherzer has been good, but even I didn’t expect this out of Rizzo. His bat is sorely missed out of my line-up.

Right now I am trying to trade Stras for Soto. A deal that was originally Stras/Rizzo for Soto/Marquez in the offseason that was declined.

Rizzo always basically goes 0-April and he was still getting on base at like a .360 clip with a sub-.250 average. getting a good pitcher out of that is a good move in april but he is not a guy I would ever trade before Memorial Day

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

just when seager has finally started hitting :negative:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kept Chapman over Moncada and drafted JDM over Arenado. my offense is still mashing, and my real problem is my starters, but drat my offense would be unstoppable if I swapped those two out. I have Rizzo, Springer, Mancini, Contreras, and recently Murphy, Blackmon, and Seager (rip) were coming on strong.

Also drafting two guys that I never trust because I always only seem to end up with them on down years (Cain and Carpenter) is proving to be a mistake and I should have trusted my gut on those

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i finally cut carpenter which means he'll start mashing dingers and posting a .415 OBP tomorrow

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

every 3 years lorenzo cain sucks absolute dick and that's the year I'm like "oh he fell a bit, this is good value, he's not gonna suck this time!!"

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i finally cut carpenter which means he'll start mashing dingers and posting a .415 OBP tomorrow

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

How much longer should I wait it out with Wil Myers? I feel torn because I recently acquired him as a secondary piece in a trade, but at the same time I don't want that to hold me back from grabbing someone more worthwhile off the waiver wire. Myers is one of the most frustrating players in the game. I've ended up with him many times and every time he's on my team, he's absolute dogshit. Then when I drop him, someone else picks him up and he goes hog wild.

me but lorenzo cain

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Picked up Mallex Smith just in time for him to go 1/12

Simpsons Reference posted:

"Lol why would you draft DJ LeMahieu after leaving Coors?" - Me in March, after taking him every year prior

"lol why would you draft a guy that's going to be a bench bat on an AL team with a stacked lineup" - me, before the entire yankee lineup got hurt, after spending a high pick on him last year and having him be hurt and/or suck

took murphy and carpenter instead :negative:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 30, 2019

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

so has my zach plesac experiment ended? he's been rocked two straight starts and he's not enough of a K pitcher like Canning where I'm content to try to power through a rough patch. What do we expect from him ROS?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

picked up d'arnaud when contreras went down but now i can't drop him because he's fuckin raking and he's taking up my streaming spot :argh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ask me about having gibson, hamels, and lugo on the same team

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

ask me about having gibson, hamels, and lugo on the same team

and buehler and sanchez

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

love when 10 of my 13 hitters are batting .295+ over the last 7 days yet i somehow am hitting .272 for the week and losing every category to a guy hitting .338

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have a .320 average so far this week, and of the 4 playoff teams playing this week, I'm sitting comfortably in 3rd

gonna love to ops over 1.100 and lose

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

love to go 9/70 between friday and saturday

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I think I understand the dislike of h2h points playoff leagues. 2nd year straight of leading in first place all year in both leagues to maybe have outside shot at 3rd place finishes. Think I’ll take next season off this was much more stressful than fun 😔

I like the randomness of H2H for the regular season but playoffs should be a month long roto of qualifying teams

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My team average going into Friday was like .330 and now i'm gonna lose every offense cat and get blown out of the playoffs with a team of Contreras/Rizzo/Arenado/Chapman/Springer/Betts/Blackmon/JDM because my team has gone loving 12/106 over the last 3 days

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Meanwhile, if Betts or JDM hits a HR before the end of this game I will win 7-6 :ohdear:

e: in the case of Betts, another one :sigh:

e2: and it needs to be a HR because I'm down 5-7, tied in R and RBI and down 1 in HR, so even like an RBI double and then coming around to score would make the final 7-7 and I don't have the tiebreaker, so I need the HR to turn the cat into a tie

e3: aaaand JDM grounds out and that's gonna be a wrap unless Betts hits a walkoff grand slam or some poo poo

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 9, 2019

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

it sucks op please save me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Doltos posted:

Hell no roto stays to roto I don't want to suddenly get burnt for punting a stat. If you play H2H you just have to accept the variance once the playoffs hit

then the playoffs need to be like 6 weeks long and every matchup is 2 weeks instead of one because gently caress this dumb game

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress I cut Castro for a streamer and started Chapman/Arenado/Adam Frazier in my 2B/3B/IF and he hit a HR and they combined 0/10 with a walk. Start him over any of those and I win

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

My team average going into Friday was like .330 and now i'm gonna lose every offense cat and get blown out of the playoffs with a team of Contreras/Rizzo/Arenado/Chapman/Springer/Betts/Blackmon/JDM because my team has gone loving 12/106 over the last 3 days

This team hit a combined 35 HR since the start of the semifinal