Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Example of how to do insufferable protagonist: the world ends with you.
Compare and contrast with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I just realized what YIIK reminds me of.
In many ways it is "What if Xavier: Renegade Angel but taking itself seriously"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_iob2MwGw

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

SSNeoman posted:

Funny, a lot of chuds think YIIK is pandering to SJWs.

it could be both. Alex knows his chuddery is not normal and was trying to get more politically aware people to praise the game with certain parts of the writing.

My own interpretation of YIIK is Alex making an entire game about how he "knows" an rear end in a top hat but you should tolerate him as he is anyway. All the stuff about postmodernism, the little comments on racial justice, the attempts at depth and relevancy - the entire game is Alex basically trying to get people looking at this portrait of himself and begging them to say he's okay as he is, that maybe you're a little like him yourself. He's only come out as a misogynist and a chud after that failed, claimed the problem was the audience itself.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Crabtree posted:

So in the end this is a vore game. "I was worried about hurting people, but I didn't know the difference between being flawed, and being evil". No, Alex, you chased after some dead girl tail, got freaked out by an end of the world poo poo, pissed off a lot of people, got them all killed and then made us eat all the souls of every other Alex to somehow fix everything. You're not flawed, you're just a self-insert. And made us you, because that's the only way you'd empathize with anyone else - if they were you that did poo poo for them.

Doesn't that make him porky minch almost exactly

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Where is the part where Alex masturbates over a severely injured woman's unconscious body

or is that just the whole game

But instead of "I'm so hosed up" he looks at the camera and says "you know, you're not so different from me"