Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I have been obsessing for the last few days over lectures by the eminent early childhood neurobiologist, Dr. Allan Schore, about a paradigm shift in psychotherapy. Attachment disorders, which are unhealthy relationship styles, are now able to be understood on a bioneurological level, as they develop.

It is turning out that it is absolutely essential, if you don’t want your babies to feel lovely and neglected and try cid and gently caress their lives up worse than I did, that the mother of the child has to be the primary caregiver for at least the first 50 weeks of the childs life, must do this ancient natural psychoarousal and subsequent de-arousal song and dance with the child, so as to develop a healthy and well regulated right sided brain, the side which controls and enables emotional experience, the autonomous nervous system including the limbic system, your bodies very ability to fight diseases or recognize harmless poo poo like cat hair.

Failure, specifically of the mother, to provide primary care for at least 50 weeks after youre born, pretty much fucks you up. In a child that feels safe all the time, attention from the mother is not withheld. Its not put onto nannies, or a non-female partner. Maybe at best, because facial recognition isn’t all there in infants, an aunt close in appearance to the mother, an older sibling similar in appearance to the mother, or communal systems of emotive young women reared children can effectively substitute for a mother who is gone 8-10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, or is emotionally absent themself, or lacks a supportive partner. But even these substitutions are susceptible to becoming a revolving door of caregivers, that come and go and are incapable, no matter how intelligent or well read or loving as they might be (grandparents fall into this category) serve really only to underscore the absence of the mother, and do not at all, suffice on an observable bioneurological or developmental level. because the science behind this poo poo is as true as that piss tape we all saw.is real, it has led me to some conclusions.

Two parent working households are loving us up on a cellular level. Its probably not a cabal of traitors to the human race, its probably just because the hereditary rich are ineffectively emotionally nurtured by nannies and thus suffer the same as the children of the working poor who are nurtured by perhaps more caring but just as ineffective, grandmothers, older siblings, fathers who work nights, non-mother or observably non-mother-like caregivers. We are all rapidly losing our minds, but I think its happening in part because of the mass phenomenon of two parent working households and 0 loving consideration for maternity leave.

I almost think the scandinavian countries only perform higher in so many personal emotional security metrics solely because of their extensive maternity leave. Of the 22 ‘developed’ countries studied in terms of the rates of neglect and insecurity felt by its children, the United States ranked 21, beaten by the United Kingdom for last place. This is low tier maslow poo poo that a huge number of people are incapable of achieving because their moms had to go back to work at the loving pay less or plasma center 6 weeks or less out of the hospital or subject the child to the easily seen and much more socially pushed threat of poverty.

It doesn’t have links so its a pretty poo poo tier effort at an effort post, but

Tldr: Modern Attachment Theory. Dr. Allan Schore. Regressive maternity leave policy is biological class warfare against working class households.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

manbabby checking in

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
eat poo poo op

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I have been obsessing for the last few days over lectures by the eminent early childhood neurobiologist, Dr. Allan Schore, about a paradigm shift in psychotherapy. Attachment disorders, which are unhealthy relationship styles, are now able to be understood on a bioneurological level, as they develop.

It is turning out that it is absolutely essential, if you don’t want your babies to feel lovely and neglected and try cid and gently caress their lives up worse than I did, that the mother of the child has to be the primary caregiver for at least the first 50 weeks of the childs life, must do this ancient natural psychoarousal and subsequent de-arousal song and dance with the child, so as to develop a healthy and well regulated right sided brain, the side which controls and enables emotional experience, the autonomous nervous system including the limbic system, your bodies very ability to fight diseases or recognize harmless poo poo like cat hair.

Failure, specifically of the mother, to provide primary care for at least 50 weeks after youre born, pretty much fucks you up. In a child that feels safe all the time, attention from the mother is not withheld. Its not put onto nannies, or a non-female partner. Maybe at best, because facial recognition isn’t all there in infants, an aunt close in appearance to the mother, an older sibling similar in appearance to the mother, or communal systems of emotive young women reared children can effectively substitute for a mother who is gone 8-10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, or is emotionally absent themself, or lacks a supportive partner. But even these substitutions are susceptible to becoming a revolving door of caregivers, that come and go and are incapable, no matter how intelligent or well read or loving as they might be (grandparents fall into this category) serve really only to underscore the absence of the mother, and do not at all, suffice on an observable bioneurological or developmental level. because the science behind this poo poo is as true as that piss tape we all saw.is real, it has led me to some conclusions.

Two parent working households are loving us up on a cellular level. Its probably not a cabal of traitors to the human race, its probably just because the hereditary rich are ineffectively emotionally nurtured by nannies and thus suffer the same as the children of the working poor who are nurtured by perhaps more caring but just as ineffective, grandmothers, older siblings, fathers who work nights, non-mother or observably non-mother-like caregivers. We are all rapidly losing our minds, but I think its happening in part because of the mass phenomenon of two parent working households and 0 loving consideration for maternity leave.

I almost think the scandinavian countries only perform higher in so many personal emotional security metrics solely because of their extensive maternity leave. Of the 22 ‘developed’ countries studied in terms of the rates of neglect and insecurity felt by its children, the United States ranked 21, beaten by the United Kingdom for last place. This is low tier maslow poo poo that a huge number of people are incapable of achieving because their moms had to go back to work at the loving pay less or plasma center 6 weeks or less out of the hospital or subject the child to the easily seen and much more socially pushed threat of poverty.

It doesn’t have links so its a pretty poo poo tier effort at an effort post, but

Tldr: Modern Attachment Theory. Dr. Allan Schore. Regressive maternity leave policy is biological class warfare against working class households.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y4qnQ0tEUE&t=70s

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
no, stop, my inability to take light mockery is my only like quality to an infant

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

lol he's extinct now

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
My mom worked from home and i'm hosed up in exactly the same way as the rest of you morons, so OP's gotta be wrong

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i'm hosed up because i'm extremely an r-word who spends too much time on the internet and drinks too much, OP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

reignonyourparade posted:

My mom worked from home and i'm hosed up in exactly the same way as the rest of you morons, so OP's gotta be wrong
but did she sing the natural psychoarousal and subsequent de-arousal song?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Same, although I was just really poorly socialized so that's another explanation

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Extremely no issues man: Ah, yes, I spent much time in my childhood with my mother, being psychologically aroused and subsequently de-aroused.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
no arguments here

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
this isnt bloofd this is victory wine

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i can do counter-biological class warfare, OP. i went to college for it and everything

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"It is impossible for a child to form an attachment to their father," says man who completely failed to understand the research he skimmed.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
uh oh bout to get dat mod on l;urker wallop

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also on the off chance anyone wants to read this guy's research, this interview goes into it in depth. Here's a fun excerpt:

quote:

Ultimately, what the infant needs for a secure attachment is access to a well-functioning adult right brain that can empathically receive and regulate the infant’s emotional communications. It is not just the gender but the attachment security and emotional health of the parent that is the key to who can best provide right brain primary caregiving in the 1st year. Indeed, securely attached males also haveefficient right orbitofrontal systems. When you see families where there is a switch, where the father is the primary caregiver and nurturer, and he’s home and the mother’s out in theworld, I would suggest the couple has figured out together who’s better at what, and have agreed to divide their roles accordingly. It could very well be that that infant now has optimal access to the more efficient right hemisphere in that particular set of parents.

tl;dr the OP skimmed some poo poo and then projected his own misogynist ideas of child rearing onto it, then tried to couch that in progressive terms

tl;dr of the tl;dr OP is lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

uh oh bout to get dat mod on l;urker wallop
what are you even talking about

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0sKY86Qmzo

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I dont know man, you seemed pretty hostile

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I dont know man, you seemed pretty hostile
I'm sorry if I caused offense, guy arguing that women shouldn't get maternity leave because it's "biological class warfare."

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
biological class warfrare sounds fun but they're already doing to themselves by giving their kids measles. it's rough out here for a drunk idiot biologist. fooled again

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
that quote you found was extremely enlightening to me, I didn't consider that my father wasn't good at all at replacing my mother, but he wasn't. So you taught me more about my understanding of this stuff and if this continues to be a mockery of myself it will have been worthwhile

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm sorry if I caused offense, guy arguing that women shouldn't get maternity leave because it's "biological class warfare."

what the gently caress how did you get that? I'm saying at least getting 50 weeks of paid maternity leave is probably the most imminent and important public policy goal imaginable

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

what the gently caress how did you get that? I'm saying at least getting 50 weeks of paid maternity leave is probably the most imminent and important public policy goal imaginable
Yep, I misinterpreted that. Sorry, that one's my bad.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

freckle posted:

eat poo poo op

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
maternity and paternity leave are both really good and important. real countries do it but america has billionaire AIDS

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also on the off chance anyone wants to read this guy's research, this interview goes into it in depth. Here's a fun excerpt:

tl;dr the OP skimmed some poo poo and then projected his own misogynist ideas of child rearing onto it, then tried to couch that in progressive terms

tl;dr of the tl;dr OP is lmao

is this like Sam Harris' study in which it was discovered that cognitive function was as easily discovered or addressed as scanning a dead fish

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Victory Position posted:

is this like Sam Harris' study in which it was discovered that cognitive function was as easily discovered or addressed as scanning a dead fish
No, the researcher's legit, he just has less to say about gender than the OP suggested. I kind of jumped down his throat honestly.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I told my dad im transgender today, and I'm trying to live by the mark twain motto that if you do the thing you fear the most, the death of fear is certain. I wrote this and didn't post it like all my other posts, so the value of doing it from the stand point of my being terrified to do it, is valuable to me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

having trouble reading OP as anything beyond a literal defense and justification of patriarchy

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im sorry about your dad OP, but dads can be good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

give both parents equal mandatory maternity/paternity leave imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

freckle posted:

eat poo poo op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mothers don't spend an entire loving year obsessing over their children therefore everyone is mentally damaged, we must change society so that we mandate that women do X just like they did X in the past

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
oh yeah and beyond that, my dad worked nights and slept most of the day, and my 82 year old grandma and a hired nanny took care of me through big chunks of the day.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I actually had the same really negative visceral reaction as you guys when I saw that video I linked for the first time, so no hard feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
there are also negative health consequences for the mother if shes not the primary caregiver either btw, doctors opinion.