Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

freckle posted:

eat poo poo op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

perhaps it's only you that's retarded, OP. both emotionally and otherwise

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
perhaps, perhaps

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

where did you copy this from OP? all your other posts look like you're drunkposting itt

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
well i wasn't high as fuuck when i wrote it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
no wait thats a lie, i do now remember i was also high af when i wrote the op as well.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
why was cspam your chosen venue for baby biotruths

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
i support you in your quest to Post under the influence, OP

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
why does it come off like that to you? I had to explain a biology/psychology subject to explain a public health problem, if that whole explanatory structure is ruled out for you because its babbytruths poo poo I don't know what to tell you

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
my "50 weeks maternity/paternity leave mandatory period because biotruths" position, quit reacting and look the poo poo up loving babies want me to spoon feed you into it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://dianepooleheller.com/attachment-test/#header

not actually that bad of a test for an internet test, on attachment styles. some of the foolishness of the title of this op is that i probably overestimate how common negative affect disorders are because ive managed to be surrounded by people with them, but the posting style of cspam, the mental health negatives of living in the comedy option universe, the fact that the solution requires political action, were the reasons I posted it in c spam

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
how do i know how good my right brain is

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I was nursed by a she-wolf and became emperor so lol whose the retard now

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im still alive thanks to my mom

wish i was aborted tho

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?
i'm loser, thanks mom

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

could have just said capitalism, op

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

there are also negative health consequences for the mother if shes not the primary caregiver either btw, doctors opinion.

I read the rest of your posts itt before responding and I feel u, congrats on your birthday and "babby hosed if no parent figure" is a truth w/ the important clarification that they don't need boobs, but this bit in particular is definitely the patriarchy

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Well 99% of the time science doesnt support patriarchy, so i have to make an exception fr it here.

Why not have women own the means of production so their leisure time can be used productively for this end? It only need be patriarchy because the capitalist mysogynist has so thoroughly discredited the value of motherhood

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well 99% of the time science doesnt support patriarchy, so i have to make an exception fr it here.

Why not have women own the means of production so their leisure time can be used productively for this end? It only need be patriarchy because the capitalist mysogynist has so thoroughly discredited the value of motherhood

Oh ok

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

everything you say that isn't :biotruths: garbage is just complete gibberish

your problems are probably caused by something a lot deeper than just not being able to monopolize your mother's life as an infant

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
owns lol. Yes post partum depression is a made up thing, every idea in this thread is nonsense because it challenges your preconceived notions.

Im genuinely happy to be shown if i am in error, or to suffer more abusive unconstructive criticism, if it is what you, my dear spam fam, deem it fit.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Jesus loving christ i hope you dont have children if you dont think an infant has the right to monopolize the lives of their parent. It is you who are hosed.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Sorry kiddo,mom and dad have to go lick capitalists boots, enjoy the daycare, wouldnt want to be "monopolized" by something, holy gently caress

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sorry kiddo,mom and dad have to go lick capitalists boots, enjoy the daycare, wouldnt want to be "monopolized" by something, holy gently caress

Oh ok

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

I was nursed by a she-wolf and became emperor so lol whose the retard now

im the other twin

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

infants are just total dumb asses and i dont care for them

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

do you have a single fact to back that up

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The lectre video on the first page has all the info im pulling from

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this thread isn't bad and everyone is overreacting imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

humans didn't evolve to be nuclear family units completely and totally independent of anyone else. children were raised in tribes and communities for most of our evolutionary history

parents would be able to easily hand the baby off to a grandparent or sibling or friend or something. the expectation that it's the mother's or father's duty to exclusively spend time with the baby until they're toddler age or older is what leads to stress and exhaustion, even in an environment where the parent has the financial ability to actually do that

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Yeah i agree, young women in communalist and tribal societies raise children as a group and it works, thats in the op

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

SKULL.GIF posted:

humans didn't evolve to be nuclear family units completely and totally independent of anyone else. children were raised in tribes and communities for most of our evolutionary history

parents would be able to easily hand the baby off to a grandparent or sibling or friend or something. the expectation that it's the mother's or father's duty to exclusively spend time with the baby until they're toddler age or older is what leads to stress and exhaustion, even in an environment where the parent has the financial ability to actually do that

Yeah this, I thought new mothers being 100% alone with the baby for the most labor intensive part of its life is the main reason for PPD. You cant do it completely alone

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

this was true for like, the rear end end of the ice age human times once we became semi-sedentary and started roaming between a few different established communal spaces in proto-tribes, but there's still tens of thousands of years of biological conditioning beforehand where strong pair bonding between single mates arose due to the intense amount of work necessary by both parents to raise a human child into a contributing member of a family (that giant social brain is a bitch)

there are definitely competing norms these days, especially since capital tricked everyone into thinking every single adult has to be a full time worker, but i don't think there's anything but social conventions there, no DNA-level poo poo, no :biotruths:, a dedicated father alone could provide all the nurturing necessary to make a healthy person given the time and resources, typically it's society that's the issue, as far as how it prods men and women down particular paths and rewards them for capitulating, and then punishes the offspring who deviate

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The lectre video on the first page has all the info im pulling from

it also describes something very different from anything you're talking about

go see a goddamn doctor about your own brain problems instead of trying to mass-diagnose the entire country at onve

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Main Paineframe posted:

it also describes something very different from anything you're talking about

go see a goddamn doctor about your own brain problems instead of trying to mass-diagnose the entire country at onve

You didnt watch the video huh

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Its ok if youre a lovely dad or something, youre just scared. The stuff you broke can be fixed.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im twice exceptional

:regd13:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Two parent working households are loving us up on a cellular level. Its probably not a cabal of traitors to the human race, its probably just because the hereditary rich are ineffectively emotionally nurtured by nannies and thus suffer the same as the children of the working poor who are nurtured by perhaps more caring but just as ineffective, grandmothers, older siblings, fathers who work nights, non-mother or observably non-mother-like caregivers. We are all rapidly losing our minds, but I think its happening in part because of the mass phenomenon of two parent working households and 0 loving consideration for maternity leave.

is this the part of the OP you say addresses communal child-raising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
No but its in there