Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
some people would look at this blank page and get anxious at its infinite potential to get utterly owned thereupon; i welcome it like an old friend

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gay

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get BEEFY OP you absolute freakin' nincompoop

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

lmao

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

some people would look at this blank page and get anxious at its infinite potential to get utterly owned thereupon; i welcome it like an old friend

Oh ok

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
whos preconcieved liberal notions on parenting do i have to shake around here to get a red text?

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
Cool cool. Normal world.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This is a stinky one!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Office Pig posted:

manbabby checking in

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

freckle posted:

eat poo poo op

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
thread title delivers

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
gently caress me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
are you better now

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

Persiflagist posted:

Cool cool. Normal world.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
No and I still believe the op, but also now I care much much less about pretty much everything so it doesn't matter. Since I wrote this I've gone from resenting my dad to deeply pitying him. He is a depressed guy who has probably been depressed his whole life, and since my mom died 7 months ago he is basically overtly suicidal on a daily basis and there's nothing I can do about it other than not resemble him in any way at all.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
oh

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
sorry to hear about your folks, op

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

croup coughfield posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Persiflagist posted:

Cool cool. Normal world.

absolutely the kind of postign i want to see more of in cspam, lets make it happen in 2023

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think its good for dads to be involved during infancy and i like hanging out with my daughter, who is 2 months old

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Office Pig posted:

manbabby checking in

lol

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Parents really hated this thread lol I think the parenting thread was put up right after everyone got tired of kicking my rear end in here

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
op is generally correct imo, though maybe the post itself couldve used some editing for the audience.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

i think its good for dads to be involved during infancy and i like hanging out with my daughter, who is 2 months old

:yeah:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

This is the keystone of my entire personality, probably, idk I skimmed it

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

No and I still believe the op, but also now I care much much less about pretty much everything so it doesn't matter. Since I wrote this I've gone from resenting my dad to deeply pitying him. He is a depressed guy who has probably been depressed his whole life, and since my mom died 7 months ago he is basically overtly suicidal on a daily basis and there's nothing I can do about it other than not resemble him in any way at all.

if ur mom just died why was ur dad solo raising you from 0-1? did she have post partum depression or were u just a super lovely babby?

sorry for ur lovely parent(s) tho

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
come on man

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Greetings Senator

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

You didnt watch the video huh

your right i didnt watch the video

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i bet nhd likes attachment theory

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

OP I think you would enjoy Lasch if you haven’t already read him. He wrote his stuff before attachment theory was a thing but he grounds his work heavily from a perspective of American industrial capitalism, which may help you approach contemporary psych concepts more critically.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i dunno. lasch was one of the original "i like marxism, but" who got to be extremely reactionary. not worth rooting through the first book or two when there's a zillion others to try.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
you need the booby until you at least start touching yourself and giggling to be a well a djusted adult

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

you need the booby until you at least start touching yourself and giggling to be a well a djusted adult

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
securely attached to own boobie. ready to explore the world. well-rested, all spells charged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

i dunno. lasch was one of the original "i like marxism, but" who got to be extremely reactionary. not worth rooting through the first book or two when there's a zillion others to try.

Yeah but it’s probably a decent jumping off point for the OP convinced he’s all hosed up bc he got the wire mom instead of the cloth mom