Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
I have been obsessing for the last few days over lectures by the eminent early childhood neurobiologist, Dr. Allan Schore, about a paradigm shift in psychotherapy. Attachment disorders, which are unhealthy relationship styles, are now able to be understood on a bioneurological level, as they develop.

It is turning out that it is absolutely essential, if you don’t want your babies to feel lovely and neglected and try cid and gently caress their lives up worse than I did, that the mother of the child has to be the primary caregiver for at least the first 50 weeks of the childs life, must do this ancient natural psychoarousal and subsequent de-arousal song and dance with the child, so as to develop a healthy and well regulated right sided brain, the side which controls and enables emotional experience, the autonomous nervous system including the limbic system, your bodies very ability to fight diseases or recognize harmless poo poo like cat hair.

Failure, specifically of the mother, to provide primary care for at least 50 weeks after youre born, pretty much fucks you up. In a child that feels safe all the time, attention from the mother is not withheld. Its not put onto nannies, or a non-female partner. Maybe at best, because facial recognition isn’t all there in infants, an aunt close in appearance to the mother, an older sibling similar in appearance to the mother, or communal systems of emotive young women reared children can effectively substitute for a mother who is gone 8-10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, or is emotionally absent themself, or lacks a supportive partner. But even these substitutions are susceptible to becoming a revolving door of caregivers, that come and go and are incapable, no matter how intelligent or well read or loving as they might be (grandparents fall into this category) serve really only to underscore the absence of the mother, and do not at all, suffice on an observable bioneurological or developmental level. because the science behind this poo poo is as true as that piss tape we all saw.is real, it has led me to some conclusions.

Two parent working households are loving us up on a cellular level. Its probably not a cabal of traitors to the human race, its probably just because the hereditary rich are ineffectively emotionally nurtured by nannies and thus suffer the same as the children of the working poor who are nurtured by perhaps more caring but just as ineffective, grandmothers, older siblings, fathers who work nights, non-mother or observably non-mother-like caregivers. We are all rapidly losing our minds, but I think its happening in part because of the mass phenomenon of two parent working households and 0 loving consideration for maternity leave.

I almost think the scandinavian countries only perform higher in so many personal emotional security metrics solely because of their extensive maternity leave. Of the 22 ‘developed’ countries studied in terms of the rates of neglect and insecurity felt by its children, the United States ranked 21, beaten by the United Kingdom for last place. This is low tier maslow poo poo that a huge number of people are incapable of achieving because their moms had to go back to work at the loving pay less or plasma center 6 weeks or less out of the hospital or subject the child to the easily seen and much more socially pushed threat of poverty.

It doesn’t have links so its a pretty poo poo tier effort at an effort post, but

Tldr: Modern Attachment Theory. Dr. Allan Schore. Regressive maternity leave policy is biological class warfare against working class households.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

no, stop, my inability to take light mockery is my only like quality to an infant

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

no arguments here

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

this isnt bloofd this is victory wine

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

uh oh bout to get dat mod on l;urker wallop

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0sKY86Qmzo

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I dont know man, you seemed pretty hostile

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

that quote you found was extremely enlightening to me, I didn't consider that my father wasn't good at all at replacing my mother, but he wasn't. So you taught me more about my understanding of this stuff and if this continues to be a mockery of myself it will have been worthwhile

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm sorry if I caused offense, guy arguing that women shouldn't get maternity leave because it's "biological class warfare."

what the gently caress how did you get that? I'm saying at least getting 50 weeks of paid maternity leave is probably the most imminent and important public policy goal imaginable

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I told my dad im transgender today, and I'm trying to live by the mark twain motto that if you do the thing you fear the most, the death of fear is certain. I wrote this and didn't post it like all my other posts, so the value of doing it from the stand point of my being terrified to do it, is valuable to me.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

give both parents equal mandatory maternity/paternity leave imo

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

oh yeah and beyond that, my dad worked nights and slept most of the day, and my 82 year old grandma and a hired nanny took care of me through big chunks of the day.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

I actually had the same really negative visceral reaction as you guys when I saw that video I linked for the first time, so no hard feelings.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

there are also negative health consequences for the mother if shes not the primary caregiver either btw, doctors opinion.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

perhaps, perhaps

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

well i wasn't high as fuuck when i wrote it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

no wait thats a lie, i do now remember i was also high af when i wrote the op as well.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

why does it come off like that to you? I had to explain a biology/psychology subject to explain a public health problem, if that whole explanatory structure is ruled out for you because its babbytruths poo poo I don't know what to tell you

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

my "50 weeks maternity/paternity leave mandatory period because biotruths" position, quit reacting and look the poo poo up loving babies want me to spoon feed you into it

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

https://dianepooleheller.com/attachment-test/#header

not actually that bad of a test for an internet test, on attachment styles. some of the foolishness of the title of this op is that i probably overestimate how common negative affect disorders are because ive managed to be surrounded by people with them, but the posting style of cspam, the mental health negatives of living in the comedy option universe, the fact that the solution requires political action, were the reasons I posted it in c spam

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Well 99% of the time science doesnt support patriarchy, so i have to make an exception fr it here.

Why not have women own the means of production so their leisure time can be used productively for this end? It only need be patriarchy because the capitalist mysogynist has so thoroughly discredited the value of motherhood

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

owns lol. Yes post partum depression is a made up thing, every idea in this thread is nonsense because it challenges your preconceived notions.

Im genuinely happy to be shown if i am in error, or to suffer more abusive unconstructive criticism, if it is what you, my dear spam fam, deem it fit.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Jesus loving christ i hope you dont have children if you dont think an infant has the right to monopolize the lives of their parent. It is you who are hosed.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Sorry kiddo,mom and dad have to go lick capitalists boots, enjoy the daycare, wouldnt want to be "monopolized" by something, holy gently caress

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

The lectre video on the first page has all the info im pulling from

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Yeah i agree, young women in communalist and tribal societies raise children as a group and it works, thats in the op

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Main Paineframe posted:

it also describes something very different from anything you're talking about

go see a goddamn doctor about your own brain problems instead of trying to mass-diagnose the entire country at onve

You didnt watch the video huh

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Its ok if youre a lovely dad or something, youre just scared. The stuff you broke can be fixed.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

No but its in there

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

some people would look at this blank page and get anxious at its infinite potential to get utterly owned thereupon; i welcome it like an old friend

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

whos preconcieved liberal notions on parenting do i have to shake around here to get a red text?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

gently caress me

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

No and I still believe the op, but also now I care much much less about pretty much everything so it doesn't matter. Since I wrote this I've gone from resenting my dad to deeply pitying him. He is a depressed guy who has probably been depressed his whole life, and since my mom died 7 months ago he is basically overtly suicidal on a daily basis and there's nothing I can do about it other than not resemble him in any way at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Parents really hated this thread lol I think the parenting thread was put up right after everyone got tired of kicking my rear end in here