Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

King of Bees posted:

If I'm going to die for a word...my word is pootytang.

Wadatah, mah damie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Wait...

... "Challenge" :smuggo:

“choice”
“something awful”
“hummus”

I made hummus with boiled chickpeas (in salt and baking powder), lemon juice, tahini, salt, and garlic, and adding olive oil and parsley tomorrow

so far so good

Robot Made of Meat

el dorito posted:

“choice”
“something awful”
“hummus”

I made hummus with boiled chickpeas (in salt and baking powder), lemon juice, tahini, salt, and garlic, and adding olive oil and parsley tomorrow

so far so good

You did something tomorrow?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

City of Glompton

going to name off a few of my favorite things maybe one of them is the thing.

bubble water

bubblegum

warm socks

hot water bottle

chickens

houseplants

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

sb hermit

Robot Made of Meat posted:

You did something tomorrow?

I made the bulk of it today and I’m finishing it with the olive oil and parsley tomorrow morning

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

going to name off a few of my favorite things maybe one of them is the thing.

bubble water

bubblegum

warm socks

hot water bottle

chickens

houseplants

Going to use that as inspiration for a story!

Oh, what a cold night this was. The merciless and unforgiving winter swept over the lands, whipped by strong winds.
The chicken family was sitting in front of their little fireplace, enjoying some hot chocolate and talking about what amazing stuff they found on the ground. The kids were wearing warm socks, which interfered with their ability to walk a bit but at least it was warm.
The bubble water in the hot water bottle was reflecting the soothing dances of the fire.

Chicken dad got up and started watering the houseplants. "So kids", he began, "how was school today?" the kids all nodded and said it was good and nothing special happened but one kid lowered his head a bit and pushed his bubblegum out of the mouth.
Dad saw that and sat down next to him. "What happened, son?" he looked at the kid and smiled.
"Oh, I failed at a math test. I'm just too dumb for it." Dad got up and looked down on his son. "Never forget, failing is a chance to learn, not a chance to cry. You're not too dumb, you just weren't good enough yet, which means you can, should and have to improve. Chill, it was just math."
Chicken son hugged his dad. "Thank you daddy", he said whispering.

They all sat back down and looked at the fire. Winter had some dark nights, but as long as your heart shines, nothing can bring you down.

Fin

City of Glompton

Goons Are Great posted:

Going to use that as inspiration for a story!

Oh, what a cold night this was. The merciless and unforgiving winter swept over the lands, whipped by strong winds.
The chicken family was sitting in front of their little fireplace, enjoying some hot chocolate and talking about what amazing stuff they found on the ground. The kids were wearing warm socks, which interfered with their ability to walk a bit but at least it was warm.
The bubble water in the hot water bottle was reflecting the soothing dances of the fire.

Chicken dad got up and started watering the houseplants. "So kids", he began, "how was school today?" the kids all nodded and said it was good and nothing special happened but one kid lowered his head a bit and pushed his bubblegum out of the mouth.
Dad saw that and sat down next to him. "What happened, son?" he looked at the kid and smiled.
"Oh, I failed at a math test. I'm just too dumb for it." Dad got up and looked down on his son. "Never forget, failing is a chance to learn, not a chance to cry. You're not too dumb, you just weren't good enough yet, which means you can, should and have to improve. Chill, it was just math."
Chicken son hugged his dad. "Thank you daddy", he said whispering.

They all sat back down and looked at the fire. Winter had some dark nights, but as long as your heart shines, nothing can bring you down.

Fin

:love:

kalel

el dorito posted:

so far so good

hell yeah

Jolo

I'm gonna throw out a movie recommendation if you like crazy true crime stories. Netflix has one called "Abducted in Plain Sight" and it is one of the most unbelievable stories I've seen. It deals with some very un-byob stuff between an adult and a child, so be forewarned of that. I don't want to say too much, but here's a one line description of part of the story that should let you know if you'd be interested: The family of the little girl remained friends with her kidnapper after she was abducted the FIRST time. The whole thing is insane.

Here's a second movie recommendation. The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. It's got Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau and it's a great loving movie about some dudes hijacking a New York subway train. The soundtrack is brassy and awesome. If you have Amazon Prime, it's on the included video streaming. I highly recommend it.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

kalel

not to be confused with the remake with John Travolta and Denzel Washington, which was not good in this goon's opinion

alnilam

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, presenting [fanfare] THE 7 DAY PROBATION CHALLENGE WORD:

roentgen

Jolo

Roentgen was the prototype name for the Squatty Potty that they used internally to keep the Squatty Potty a secret.

edit: DO NOT USE THE SQUATTY POTTY INTERNALLY

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jaded Burnout

SciFiDownBeat posted:

not to be confused with the remake with John Travolta and Denzel Washington, which was not good in this goon's opinion

Someone kept going on about Pelham and eventually I watched it but turns out I was just watching the remake.

Goons Are Gifts

Speaking of movies, is anyone else here a big film or cinema fan? How many movies do you watch on a weekly basis and which amount is medically concerning?
Won a "one week of free cinema" ticket last week and am spending more time there than in byob currently, as I want to make the ticket worth, but I'm concerned it's too much, as I might not get enough byob :ohdear:

alnilam

I just looked at a map of eurostar and the UK side terminus is next to a town called Peene lol

alnilam

wait did i write that in the wrong thread what happened

Goons Are Gifts

Technically you did, but I still find that very funny :allears:

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Speaking of movies, is anyone else here a big film or cinema fan? How many movies do you watch on a weekly basis and which amount is medically concerning?
Won a "one week of free cinema" ticket last week and am spending more time there than in byob currently, as I want to make the ticket worth, but I'm concerned it's too much, as I might not get enough byob :ohdear:

I used to be more than I am now. I'll probably get back into it once I get my cinema room back up and running. I used to watch one or two a day sometimes.

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

I used to be more than I am now. I'll probably get back into it once I get my cinema room back up and running. I used to watch one or two a day sometimes.

Amazing! Did you watch the stuff in cinema at that time, or rather classics or what kinds did and do you enjoy the most?

Goons Are Gifts

Also also, there are not enough posts here lately. We need to solve the challenge before byob gets deleted, quickly! Everyone post!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
not to boast but i'm here to post and hope that hope will find you most, entertained :tipshat:

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

alnilam

I send up flags on my posting vessel that read "England expects every yob to do their posting duty"

and then with laughter i think about how duty sounds like dootie

lol but

body is a dinosaur

alnilam posted:

I just looked at a map of eurostar and the UK side terminus is next to a town called Peene lol

alnilam posted:

wait did i write that in the wrong thread what happened

got be careful where you put your peene albilam you can get into all kinds of bother

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
gotta keep the peene clean

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

I send up flags on my posting vessel that read "England expects every yob to do their posting duty"

and then with laughter i think about how duty sounds like dootie

Not if you're English it doesn't.

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

Not if you're English it doesn't.

Oh drat so the sailors at Trafalgar weren't giggling about dootie like I always imagined?

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

Oh drat so the sailors at Trafalgar weren't giggling about dootie like I always imagined?

Sounds more like "djewty" which tbh has a whole other set of problems

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Jaded Burnout posted:

Sounds more like "djewty" which tbh has a whole other set of problems
Why is that problematic, do jews not drink tea?
Edit: oh no, is it more like licorice tea, which is not tea for licorice to drink. :ohdear:

Jaded Burnout

roomforthetuna posted:

Why is that problematic, do jews not drink tea?

Honestly I don't know, the UK while not bereft of a Jewish population doesn't have nearly the same amount as the US, so I've never really been exposed to Jewish traditions and culture outside of US TV shows.

Goons Are Gifts

Important question, what's the pronunciation difference between a British, an American and an Australian "Uranus"?

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Important question, what's the pronunciation difference between a British, an American and an Australian "Uranus"?

I think they're all the same, in that you can choose the "funny" one or the "please stop with the bum jokes" one.

Goons Are Gifts

Uran-Us
Ur-Anus
Urano-S
UR-anos
Jew Peter?
Mars is nicer anyways.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Goons Are Great posted:

In my experience the British consistently say your anus, while many Americans seem to say urine us.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this is a test :stare:

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
test concluded, carry on

Robot Made of Meat

Dick Bastardly posted:

test concluded, carry on

Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been informed which stations in your area you should tune to for more information.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

ok american humans: do y'all remember the end-of-airtime sign off on local tv stations (and national ones!) where they would play the national anthem and show a plane taking off and like a flag waving and poo poo? did i dream this? i'm going to google it and find out if i dreamed this, i think it was the early 80s tbh.

Goons Are Gifts

I wonder what people are getting dressed as today

is anyone in byob temporarily not naked?

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

ok american humans: do y'all remember the end-of-airtime sign off on local tv stations (and national ones!) where they would play the national anthem and show a plane taking off and like a flag waving and poo poo? did i dream this? i'm going to google it and find out if i dreamed this, i think it was the early 80s tbh.

I don't remember any planes, but the anthem/flag thing was pretty common around that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

Our just used to play tone and show this