Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing Along

by Athanatos
This is going to be an ongoing, time delayed posting project.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Here i sit
Lightly toasted
Came to read
But merely posted

Luvcow posted:

reminder that jb is british so some of these words maybe british words like "tammywoddler", googelybibbler" or "jabberwookey" which may be everyday words for him and the queen but not widely known by the rest of us

also:

shirk
beribboned
grommet
interrobang

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

fine i'll say it

give the six counties back to ireland and also honestly i don't like fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

reminder that jb is british so some of these words maybe british words like "tammywoddler", googelybibbler" or "jabberwookey" which may be everyday words for him and the queen but not widely known by the rest of us

I used a web site

a werepit is a man that turns into a pit

I had cause to use these recently, got bags of the lil buggers

hamjobs posted:

give the six counties back to ireland

:agreed: though that is not the official position of the government that hired the company that hired the company that hired the company that I work for

hamjobs posted:

also honestly i don't like fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!

tbh chippie fish is never that great imo but a proper chippie's chips are a thing unto themselves

Jaded Burnout

I want to hear more English words that you find interesting though, I cannot get enough of that "how we're different" fluff, for reals

alnilam

guvnah

alnilam

pip pip cheerios

FluffieDuckie

You call car trunks “boots” which is silly because cars don’t have feet

Also maybe it’s not a Brit word it’s just a word brits spell wrong.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

lol but

body is a dinosaur

Jaded Burnout posted:

I want to hear more English words that you find interesting though, I cannot get enough of that "how we're different" fluff, for reals

twitchel

mardy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

they actually mean "butts" but they're too embarrassed and properly british to call them butts.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

why the hell is it an ansaphone and not a portal to telephone hell like it is in the US

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
years of watching top gear have left me laughing at words like "aluminium" or "pee-doh-file"

Jaded Burnout

FluffieDuckie posted:

Cars aren't elephants either :(

You may find it sillier to know it's called that because the boot on a foot and the boot of a car come from the same etymology as "butt" meaning "end".

hamjobs posted:

why the hell is it an ansaphone and not a portal to telephone hell like it is in the US

?????

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

years of watching top gear have left me laughing at words like "aluminium" or "pee-doh-file"

:siren: DING DING DING LUVCOW WINS A PRIZE :siren:

THE $25 WORD CHOSEN AT RANDOM BY A WEB SITE WAS "ALUMINIUM" though I would've accepted "aluminum"

Still plenty to play for, boys and girls

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Jaded Burnout posted:

DING DING DING LUVCOW WINS A PRIZE

THE $25 WORD CHOSEN AT RANDOM BY A WEB SITE WAS "ALUMINIUM" though I would've accepted "aluminum"

Still plenty to play for, boys and girls

:siren::boom::siren:

sb hermit

maybe modern cursed words: covfefe bigly yuge

or modern overused terms: problematic, “end of the day”, blurb

or modern underused words: zomboid, bingeable, hangry

or computer terms that used to see widespread use but for one reason or another are simply being replaced or dropped altogether: master/slave, evil bit, lp0 on fire, pc load letter

sb hermit

Jaded Burnout posted:

I had cause to use these recently, got bags of the lil buggers

My AP american history teacher would show us a lot of Wallace and Gromit on those days when the class had to take a break

Whenever I hear “grommet”, I also hear Wallace saying “These are the wrong trousers!”.

City of Glompton

nice posting luvcow!!!

grommet always sounds like it should be a type of seabird to me

aglet is another good word that sounds way fancier than it is, like maybe it is an agate circlet, not a bit of a shoelace

alnilam

grats luvcow, from your pal,

Papa Was A Video Toaster

City of Glompton posted:

nice posting luvcow!!!

grommet always sounds like it should be a type of seabird to me

aglet is another good word that sounds way fancier than it is, like maybe it is an agate circlet, not a bit of a shoelace

reminds me of algae

King of Bees
I feel like I'm playing a game of Jenga but get this... The blocks are words :ssh: (and there's tons of them, so many in fact this tower may never tumble). (We could be playing this challenge for years! :wth:)

Sing Along

by Athanatos
II
“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

King of Bees
In trying times like this I always think WWJSS (what would Jay Sherman say?) And here's the answer: It stinks!

Goons Are Gifts

Congrats! I hope you spend it well for chill things!

Goons Are Gifts

Speaking of super chill chemicals, did you know that aluminium mainly resides in oxidation state 3+?
It's the only state in which it is colorless, too, others react more often and are thus chemically unstable.

The melting point is at 933K which is rather medium for a metal of similar atomic size and structure, although it's worth noting that only isotope 27Al is physically stable, all other isotopes are radioactive, so beware!

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

it's worth noting that only isotope 27Al is physically stable, all other isotopes are radioactive, so beware!

*weighing my aluminum codpiece, measuring its volume by water displacement, punching numbers into a calculator* uh ohhhh

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the milk ape

vanisher

(Reads every post very carefully)

Goons Are Gifts

stay safe alnilam, most isotopes have a half-life of less than an hour!
Also it can react with acidic chemicals contained in most fruits, so I have to figure out how to pack up my super tasty sandwich that I just made because aluminium is not an option here

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

blessed among yobs

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

stay safe alnilam, most isotopes have a half-life of less than an hour!
Also it can react with acidic chemicals contained in most fruits, so I have to figure out how to pack up my super tasty sandwich that I just made because aluminium is not an option here

kitchen paper and a bit of tape or heck just wet a bit of the paper and stick the edges together, then put it inside a paper bag.

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

kitchen paper and a bit of tape or heck just wet a bit of the paper and stick the edges together, then put it inside a paper bag.

kitchen paper and tape seems to be the solution for most sandwich places

except for the one down the street that uses styrofoam and when they put the hot fries directly on the container without putting paper in between then it partially melts through the bottom and I just consider styrofoam fries to be inedible. (maybe they’re safe, maybe not, but I would prefer to eat as little plastic as possible)

sb hermit

maybe tupperware is a reusable solution but I have never had a delicious sandwich from a tupperware container

Goons Are Gifts

I did use paper and it worked out great and also still tasted like that. Thanks!

In other news, my heater went down last night so it got very cold in my home, but I started to light up candles and this not only made it a bit warmer, it also looked quite mystery and fun. Candles are good

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
The mountain goats are releasing an album commissioned by Hasbro of original songs related to D&D

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

King of Bees
Butts
Weiners
Boob

Lol

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Me, Jolo, the winner of the contest. A contestant who said the right word. He won the prize. That word was uh, alumni? alumnus? Dracula? Butt? Burriot? *struggles* burrito?

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

lol

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

You know how on Wheel of Fortune they grey out the letters that have been called. I'm picturing JB in front of a gigantic board with every word written on it and he's crossing them off one by one as he reads each post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Jolo posted:

You know how on Wheel of Fortune they grey out the letters that have been called. I'm picturing JB in front of a gigantic board with every word written on it and he's crossing them off one by one as he reads each post.

no you're thinking of numberwang

ty nesamdoom!