Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

This thread is too high to post

hey jb how's it going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

sounds nice I hope your Sunday rocks, I'm very excited about a challenge in byob right now

Goons Are Gifts

Follow up question, is it legal to post twice in this thread?

Goons Are Gifts

Tomorrow is Monday and thus it's one day away from Tuesday when byob will be deleted

Goons Are Gifts

hamjobs posted:

but what if the prize you win is the friends you made along the way???

I already consider you all as friends :glomp:
This is fun!

Goons Are Gifts

I hope this treasure hunt doesn't end up with us all blowing up!
Also new tactic: Talk to random strangers on the street and enter every third word the say as official guess here. I hope jb allows this, so here's my new list of guesses:
I was too scared to go out actually

Goons Are Gifts

As everyone is aiming for the prize, here's a list of words I as a foreigner can't pronounce properly:
Usurpation
Wasp
Bee-yob (as opposed to beecock which works fine)
Primogeniture
Squirrle? Squirel? Squirrel
Esquire
Lemonade
Keypad (kebab)
Fluff
My name
Fahrenheit
Uranus (don't laugh)
Popsicle
The difference between highway and subway and where's the midway
Most of the SA forum names (deebait and disk usher??)
Rhythm
presidentists (I'm scared of those :ohdear:)
This entire list

Goons Are Gifts

Congrats! I hope you spend it well for chill things!

Goons Are Gifts

Speaking of super chill chemicals, did you know that aluminium mainly resides in oxidation state 3+?
It's the only state in which it is colorless, too, others react more often and are thus chemically unstable.

The melting point is at 933K which is rather medium for a metal of similar atomic size and structure, although it's worth noting that only isotope 27Al is physically stable, all other isotopes are radioactive, so beware!

Goons Are Gifts

stay safe alnilam, most isotopes have a half-life of less than an hour!
Also it can react with acidic chemicals contained in most fruits, so I have to figure out how to pack up my super tasty sandwich that I just made because aluminium is not an option here

Goons Are Gifts

I did use paper and it worked out great and also still tasted like that. Thanks!

In other news, my heater went down last night so it got very cold in my home, but I started to light up candles and this not only made it a bit warmer, it also looked quite mystery and fun. Candles are good

Goons Are Gifts

Those words must be tricky, we seem to be bad at saying them! Apart from Luvcow, who's great at this and very much deserves the Plat and is very generous with this win, too

Here are some words:
Waiter, train, colo(u)r, bread, carrot, kitchen, number, caffeine, phone, backpack, work

Any of those? :banjo:

Goons Are Gifts

Luvcow posted:

:stare:

what in god's name is this magnificent creature called?

Oh, glad you noticed! That's Bebo, he's a friend and also he is chill and always a bit hungry, which is okay because he only eats weed.

Goons Are Gifts

Quarrel [ˈkwɒɹəl]
From Old French querele (modern French querelle), itself from Latin querella (“complaint”), from queror (“I lament, I complain”).

Tool [tuːl]
From Middle English tool, from Old English tōl (“tool, implement, instrument”, literally “that with which one prepares something”), from Proto-Germanic *tōlą (“tool”), from Proto-Indo-European *dewh₂- (“to tie to, secure”), equivalent to taw (“to prepare”) +‎ -le (agent suffix). Cognate with Scots tuil (“tool, implement, instrument, device”), Icelandic tól (“tool”), Faroese tól (“tool, instrument”). Related to Old English tāwian (“to make, prepare, or cultivate”); see taw, and tow ("fibres used for spinning").

A quarrel with a tool is usually not good!

Goons Are Gifts

Old English really looks weird to be honest. I wonder if anyone still speaks it

Goons Are Gifts

I'm Henry VIII. and I do not like the catholic church. Let's create our own and secede from them!
Also, I think I need a woman...

Goons Are Gifts

They worshipped, so they said, the great Old Ones, who lived ages before there were any men and who came to the young world out of the sky.
Those Old Ones were gone now, inside the earth and under the sea, but their dead bodies had told their secrets in dreams to the first men, who formed a cult which has never died.

This was the cult and the prisoner said that it would exists and always will exist hidden in distant wastes and dark places all over the world until the time when the great priest Cthulhu from his dark house in the mighty city of R'lyieh under the waters should rise to bring the earth again beneath his sway!

:cthulhu:

Goons Are Gifts

Red carpet
Orange
Font
Comic
Letter
Ghost

Goons Are Gifts

I'm scared, ghost shrimps can haunt people. I heard they live in paintings of watery things and come out of hiding to spook you whenever you have sushi or other water food!

Goons Are Gifts

Hello, welcome and greetings, this is the word challenge challenge, where we challenge the words in the word challenge by challenging them! Capitalized words are Extraordinarily Strong.

In the first Battle I will choose you: Refrigerator! Quickly, use Coolness to cool everyone around you!

While they are all Slow, Pizza can come in fresh from the Hot Oven and fill up those empty Stomaches with some tasty Chilli Salami!

Next up: A Car that drives everyone to Safety, but remember, don't Smoke and drive!

Goons Are Gifts

King of Bees posted:

Holy moly. This thread has become sentient and out of control IMHO.

Hello dear thread, I hope you forgive us our posting and chill with us. We are nice people here and we respect sentient beings of all kind.

Goons Are Gifts

Yeah let's atleast do some funny stuff with out words! I'm sure the now-sentient thread will like that more, too. He seems shy. :sympathy:

Koala! Or bedsheets? I hope it's not a ghost or spirit. :ohdear:

Goons Are Gifts

My haiku is neat
Because toasters always rock
And this is one, too

Goons Are Gifts

I'm going to name what I see, maybe I can beat the challenge with physical interaction!

The floor is brown, the carpet is red.
The girl next to me is wearing a black jacket and is on her phone, hopefully posting on byob right now.
The orange clock says I'm late for my appointment, so I have to get up from oddly blue seats and rush to the big grey bus quickly!

Goons Are Gifts

It was a tepid summer night when he first discovered the challenge in byob. He was sweating and stressed out, questionable actions and random ideas from weird, fast and excited people had driven him almost crazy in the past but here, in byob, he found chill.

He started to smoke some legal stuff and got creative. Which words may JB have randomly chosen in the ch-ch-challenge?
Was it in general kitchen related? A solid mixture of blenders, microwaves and knives?

Maybe was it only living things? Like owls from the owls thread, frogs from the Wednesday frog thread or rabbits from the rabbits. Maybe it was related to the pets posted in the chat thread? A fluffy dog? A cute rat? A majestic cat?

The yobber sat back and thought intensively but still on a chill level. Maybe clothes? Shirts, pants, shoes, scarfs, gloves, hats?

It was a thinking night and so he kept thinking. He might find a winning word at some point. When he was ready.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm sure once we found one winning word we randomly will guess all of them in short notice and all get probed at once like a family

Goons Are Gifts

That reminds me, are all owls wizards?

Goons Are Gifts

Some say chill, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say chill, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say chill, it is a hunger
an endless aching need.
I say chill, it is a flower
and you it's only seed.

It's the weed afraid of smoking
that never learns to dance.
It's the thread afraid of posting
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to chill
and the soul afraid of dying
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
and you think that chill is only
for the lucky and the strong

Just remember in the forums
far beneath the bitter grays
lies the chance that with the post's love
in the thread becomes the byob.

Goons Are Gifts

Let's just start a regular every day conversation, we can't miss them then!

Hello my friends, isn't it a beautiful evening we are enjoying together? What are you up to today, how are you feeling and how did your day go so far?

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

good idea.

it's been a very nice day. it snowed a bit but not too much, i drank a lot of coffee and did a few chores, played some stardew valley, and generally loafed around. i fed a pancake to a squirrel but obtained no pictures, unfortunately. i hope you've been having an enjoyable day as well
Now that's a big bummer on the no picture part, but it does sound like a really chill and enjoyable day. What are your plans for tomorrow? Anything big coming up in the near future?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My day was okay but I did not find any crystals. I did see one man and one lady, however. They paid me no mind. You?
Crystals are beautiful shining treasures of the earth and we shall enjoy their company whenever they choose us to spend time with!

I had a very home-y day, wrote a lot of words and got creative, spent almost 2 hours in the grocery store because I was really unsure what to eat, so I got into a really intense talk with one of the workers who really needed a friend to talk to, because his life is not great and chill right now and I really wanted to help him and even though he wasn't spared of some tears I think and hope he is better now. Will go there again to check on him!

I think we should value the people around us that we merely see through their actions or positions more. Like the cashier that you only meet because he works there. He might have amazing stories to share and his work does not define him!

What do you think should or could you do to improve either your or someone else's every day life a bit?

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

i sure did. i do have a lizard and i also recently hatched a blue chicken.

i'm currently trying to get to level 100 of the skull cavern but i'm afraid that may be beyond my abilities/patience

do you prefer foraging, farming, or mining?

First time for me to admit: I secretly love this amazing game and a month ago I spent 12 hours a day harvesting the best wheat and oranges of all time so I could gift it to the nice villagers

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

And with this post someone, finally, wins a free title change!

Oh my God I'm so excited what word could it be! :dogcited:

I feel like I cheated a bit writing so much at once though

Goons Are Gifts

Oh, that's exciting!
Well, in all fairness, I feel like I posted a lot of :words: at once and also the needed word was only written because I replied to cog directly, so I am completely fine with him winning this, as he deserves the actual glory here

Goons Are Gifts

AAA batteries rock

Goons Are Gifts

Does anyone have an idea what I should cash my price in for? Or does someone really need a change and need it more than me? I'm happy to share

Goons Are Gifts

Cog is a true gentleman and a hero. Since I technically hit the word directly but only because of him, if I may, I'd like to honor him by donating my title change to whoever wins the seven day championship in this challenge.

We can all be winners here!

Goons Are Gifts

That's a lovely idea and even better, as I don't have to interfere with your rules here. Need to dig it up real quick and post there.

Goons Are Gifts

Mini-stool?
drat this is funny

Goons Are Gifts

Challenge status report: Chilling in a truck right now. It's not even mine, it just was open and it was raining like hell so I thought let's get dry and I climbed into it. Been here for 5 minutes, no sign of the owner so far.
I hope he appreciates me looking after his valuables!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Nah it was mostly boxes with lots of paper in it. Glad I didn't interfere with human organ logistics here.

Update: Owner met me, was very happy that he could provide shelter for the wet ones and also had a super nice dog with him named Lucy, I wanted to make a photo but he said she does not like it, so I just cuddled with her and went off my way, but he did offer me a coffee!
What an adventure this was.