Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

OH GOD WHAT IF WE HAVE TO POST IN COUPONS & DEALS :ohno:

Noooooo.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

o.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

enticing weirdly nice yesterday envelope.

Robot Made of Meat

eat twice right ordinary self.

Robot Made of Meat

Neat ick pencil walrus.

Robot Made of Meat

An sex!

Robot Made of Meat

I'm Ethelred the Unready, and . . umm. Just a minute, I'm sure I had something . . .

Robot Made of Meat

squiggly anthracite postern verisimilitude ear foreword ping fantasy entail twice steamed tripping interregnum sadly excess.

Robot Made of Meat

This thread increasingly makes me wonder what on earth JB thinks are common words, used in conversation every day.

Retrograde? It's a good one, but I only use it on alternate Thursdays. Defenestrate is wonderful, but it has limited applications ever since Prague.

Conflate? Butter? Mushy Peas? Who can possibly penetrate the mind of the British?

Robot Made of Meat

Tim Curry.

Robot Made of Meat

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I went to a random word generator website and got "fascination"

Fascination has a fascinating word origin. Hint: penises!

Robot Made of Meat

el dorito posted:

“choice”
“something awful”
“hummus”

I made hummus with boiled chickpeas (in salt and baking powder), lemon juice, tahini, salt, and garlic, and adding olive oil and parsley tomorrow

so far so good

You did something tomorrow?

Robot Made of Meat

Dick Bastardly posted:

test concluded, carry on

Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been informed which stations in your area you should tune to for more information.

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

ok american humans: do y'all remember the end-of-airtime sign off on local tv stations (and national ones!) where they would play the national anthem and show a plane taking off and like a flag waving and poo poo? did i dream this? i'm going to google it and find out if i dreamed this, i think it was the early 80s tbh.

I don't remember any planes, but the anthem/flag thing was pretty common around that time.

Robot Made of Meat

Jaded Burnout posted:

the 60s, man

it's also hella programmer art, it was created by the girl's dad who worked as a TV engineer

It would have to be the very late 60s, because the BBC didn't discover color (which they called colour) until late 1967. Before that, Britain was in black and white (which they called blauck and whiute).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

In industry, we rarely depend on unusual devices which provide absurd reliance on technology. During the preceding fortnight, seldom did anyone perceive adherence to anything particularly tiring.