Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
English would have a smaller core vocabulary if the Normans had lost the battle of Hastings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Trust me boys, I'm Richard, the Lord Protector. I'm sure you'll find your rooms in the Tower most accommodating.

Barking Gecko

No Buckfast?

Barking Gecko

alnilam posted:

Also elements heavier than iron (or "arn" in my local dialect) come from supernovæ :black101:

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

DOUGLAS ADAMS, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Barking Gecko

hamjobs posted:

ok american humans: do y'all remember the end-of-airtime sign off on local tv stations (and national ones!) where they would play the national anthem and show a plane taking off and like a flag waving and poo poo? did i dream this? i'm going to google it and find out if i dreamed this, i think it was the early 80s tbh.

I definitely remember this. Both radio and TV stations used to do it. After the sign off, TV stations would sometimes display a test pattern. One of the low powered AM radio stations in my hometown would sign off at midnight, which allowed me to listen to other, more distant stations that had the same frequency assignment. I would listen on an old vacuum tube (valve) radio that I resurrected when I was in junior high school. I added a headphone jack, so I could listen late at night, when I was supposed to be sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

These are supposed to be words that one might use in ordinary conversation, but I'm starting to wonder just what sort of conversations JB usually has. . .

Also, Marmite - "love it or hate it"