Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout

I have been writing a bot to do this but it's not going to get finished so gently caress it let's do it live.

I have a list of words on my computer. Well, four lists.

There are 3 words, which if said in this thread, will earn the poster a sixer.

There are 3 more words, which if said in this thread, will earn the poster a free title change.

There's two final words, one of which gets you a 7-day probation, the other gets you a $25 gift card of your choice.

This is my treasure hunt minefield. :justpost:!

Boring administrative note; pls don't try and cheese it by posting big spam posts or, face my wrath!!!

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

This thread is too high to post

hey jb how's it going

yo hey gag I'm p good how r u

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

tom brady descends into the depths of the temple of elemental evil, a curious goat tucked underneath his arm

goddamit tom put down tha goet

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

"he who shall not be named, i seek your aid one last time...". the goat begins to glow as tom sets it down upon the the cold stone floor

oh good

Jaded Burnout

roomforthetuna posted:

BYOB: Chill is a Choice Challenge seems like a set of words that might include a treasure or punishment or some of each.

They are all random words, so seeking the heart of my mind will only result in that squealing dialup noise.

roomforthetuna posted:

Does each word trigger only once, or can the zero-cost prizes trigger repeatedly?

I was going to have it be just once and reveal the words, but now I think it's funnier to keep the sixer and title words active and secret until I feel like you've figured it out.

Goons Are Great posted:

Follow up question, is it legal to post twice in this thread?

Why, are you a snitch?

Jaded Burnout

Also I can't win any of the prizes so don't assume it's not a word I've said.

And quoting someone doesn't count for triggering it.

Ooh all these new rules! We're doing it very live, folks!

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

but what if the prize you win is the friends you made along the way???

that is not triggered by a word, my friend. It's triggered by a cat in a hammock and a sense of belonging and some frogs on a Wednesday.

Jaded Burnout

HappyKitty posted:

I didn't read the rules, what is going on

You are wandering as a group through the waastes of language, treasure hunting. But it is a minefield also! A literatarary minefield! of treasure!

If you say one of a handful of random words you take a hit or a reqard!!!

Jaded Burnout

King of Bees posted:

The goose honks on the full moon.... :ninja:

under the water, the air is moist

Jaded Burnout

I will take great pleasure in it.

Jaded Burnout

*twiddles fingers and laughs maniacally"

yees, woooords, feed me wooooooorrrdss!

Jaded Burnout

Weener Beater posted:

gift card
free title change

:ramsay:

Jaded Burnout

one thing I've gained from my time in byob is some really great mellons

Jaded Burnout

vanisher posted:

Wait, are these any words in the dictionary or are these byob related? Like, is Amortization gonna get me the prize or is it Wednesday Frog.

Jaded Burnout posted:

They are all random words, so seeking the heart of my mind will only result in that squealing dialup noise.

vanisher posted:

Betting that Jaded Burnout secretly used a word or all the words in the OP, so quoting.

Jaded Burnout posted:

And quoting someone doesn't count for triggering it.

vanisher I'm getting the impression that you don't hang on my every word these days

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

Here i sit
Lightly toasted
Came to read
But merely posted

nice

:justpost:

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

reminder that jb is british so some of these words maybe british words like "tammywoddler", googelybibbler" or "jabberwookey" which may be everyday words for him and the queen but not widely known by the rest of us

I used a web site

a werepit is a man that turns into a pit

I had cause to use these recently, got bags of the lil buggers

hamjobs posted:

give the six counties back to ireland

:agreed: though that is not the official position of the government that hired the company that hired the company that hired the company that I work for

hamjobs posted:

also honestly i don't like fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!

tbh chippie fish is never that great imo but a proper chippie's chips are a thing unto themselves

Jaded Burnout

I want to hear more English words that you find interesting though, I cannot get enough of that "how we're different" fluff, for reals

Jaded Burnout

FluffieDuckie posted:

You call car trunks “boots” which is silly because cars don’t have feet

Also maybe it’s not a Brit word it’s just a word brits spell wrong.

Cars aren't elephants either :(

You may find it sillier to know it's called that because the boot on a foot and the boot of a car come from the same etymology as "butt" meaning "end".

hamjobs posted:

why the hell is it an ansaphone and not a portal to telephone hell like it is in the US

?????

Jaded Burnout

Luvcow posted:

years of watching top gear have left me laughing at words like "aluminium" or "pee-doh-file"

:siren: DING DING DING LUVCOW WINS A PRIZE :siren:

THE $25 WORD CHOSEN AT RANDOM BY A WEB SITE WAS "ALUMINIUM" though I would've accepted "aluminum"

Still plenty to play for, boys and girls

Jaded Burnout

Jolo posted:

*struggles* burrito?

never heard of it

Jaded Burnout

I letterally cannot give this money away!!!

Very noble, luvcow, to reinvest in our joy

Jaded Burnout

That's a negative, ghost rider

Jaded Burnout

did you know that a typical person's english vocabulary is around 20,000 words, and that doesn't even include " butts ", so we've got quite a few to go

Jaded Burnout

Jolo posted:

Jay Hey Did Boo Urn Ocarina of Time

A Wint to the Past

Jaded Burnout

War of the Roses more like a couple hundred crisis actors and some corrupt mainstream media.

Jaded Burnout

hamjobs posted:

also does anyone here have coulrophobia

i need to know for reasons

not I

Jaded Burnout

Farecoal posted:

Olaf from frozen smoking weed 420 bong

Luvcow posted:

olaf from frozen smoking weed inside one of corbin bersnen's snowglobes

Jaded Burnout

steak

Jaded Burnout

I’m gonna pump the brakes on the random lists of words, chaps

Jaded Burnout

Beautiful ;_;

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 7, 2019

Jaded Burnout

HappyKitty posted:

Permission to use lateral thinking?

Lateral, yes. All that low-content spam, no.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Boring administrative note; pls don't try and cheese it by posting big spam posts or, face my wrath!!!

Jaded Burnout posted:

I’m gonna pump the brakes on the random lists of words, chaps

It's just not fun or creative :(

Jaded Burnout

I'll finger you if you want, blaze

Jaded Burnout

I gots to get back on that bagel train

Jaded Burnout

well, they were randomly selected from all English words, and they all have at least 2 syllables.

they’re totally normal words that might be said in any vaguely interesting conversation so I’m kinda surprised we’ve not hit many yet.

someone got within one letter of one though

Jaded Burnout

Pizzaaaaaaaa--- ooo-ooohooooo
Didn't mean to eat the pie,
If I'm this fat again this time tomorrow
Carry ooon, carry ooon,
'cause lactose makes me splatter

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Now that's a big bummer on the no picture part, but it does sound like a really chill and enjoyable day. What are your plans for tomorrow? Anything big coming up in the near future?

Crystals are beautiful shining treasures of the earth and we shall enjoy their company whenever they choose us to spend time with!

I had a very home-y day, wrote a lot of words and got creative, spent almost 2 hours in the grocery store because I was really unsure what to eat, so I got into a really intense talk with one of the workers who really needed a friend to talk to, because his life is not great and chill right now and I really wanted to help him and even though he wasn't spared of some tears I think and hope he is better now. Will go there again to check on him!

I think we should value the people around us that we merely see through their actions or positions more. Like the cashier that you only meet because he works there. He might have amazing stories to share and his work does not define him!

What do you think should or could you do to improve either your or someone else's every day life a bit?

And with this post someone, finally, wins a free title change!

Jaded Burnout

I'm going, what is the phrase from your blasted american sport, "call an audible"? And say that the sixers are infinitely triggering but the titles are one-time.

As such, I'm going to need a ruling from the thread.

The word was "picture". CoG said "pictures" first, and GaG said "picture" after. Who gets a free title change?

1. CoG
2. GaG
3. Both

(my leaning is #3 in this case before the court)

Jaded Burnout

Twenty Four posted:

I don't know, it seems like plurals should count, so I guess 3? Perhaps just go with the first post that "counts" next time? It's your contest buddy, call 'em like you see 'em!

what I was going to do is wait for the juice on that word to run out and then award it to everyone including cog so yeah I’ll just do that now for cog and gag.

Hit me up when you want to cash it in

Jaded Burnout

NavanaSokarad posted:

so for the sixer. Is it what ever we request with in reason? like maybe budlight, coors, etc etc

you get a 6 pack of AA batteries and you'll like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

maybe a pack of irn bru