Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
BYOB: Chill is a Choice Challenge seems like a set of words that might include a treasure or punishment or some of each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Does each word trigger only once, or can the zero-cost prizes trigger repeatedly?

roomforthetuna

Jaded Burnout posted:

War of the Roses more like a couple hundred crisis actors and some corrupt mainstream media.
And don't get me started on William the Conquerer and his fake arrow gag.

roomforthetuna

Can we get a clue? Like, are any of the words bread-related at all?

roomforthetuna

My secret in this thread is, when I appear to be asking questions about the rules, or asking for hints, I'm actually just saying some words in a way that appears to be in context.

Like a tied up wizard sneakily saying "I'll tell you the secret, but I warn you it's inflammatory" when his magic words to ignite the rope are "in flam".

Also he has to wiggle his fingers, much like I have to to post.

But I assure you I'm not actually a wizard. Not even a pinball wizard.

roomforthetuna

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This thread increasingly makes me wonder what on earth JB thinks are common words, used in conversation every day.
JB also said words with at least two noise sounds, which we don't use in plain speaks of base days.
Come on JB, make up your mind, are they plain words or two or more noised words? Can't have it both ways!

roomforthetuna

Jaded Burnout posted:

maybe a pack of irn bru
I love irn bru but it has caffeine in it which, it turns out, makes my head explode. :(

roomforthetuna

hamjobs posted:

"phallus" in a cork accent which also made it way funnier.
The funniest word in a cork accent is "shorts".

roomforthetuna

Luvcow posted:

huck was stunned by the insult and turned to jim, "why on earth would you call me that?"
I too enjoyed this joke. But also, what if one of the secret treasure words is the bad word nobody said?

roomforthetuna

Jaded Burnout posted:

Sounds more like "djewty" which tbh has a whole other set of problems
Why is that problematic, do jews not drink tea?
Edit: oh no, is it more like licorice tea, which is not tea for licorice to drink. :ohdear:

roomforthetuna

Goons Are Great posted:

Important question, what's the pronunciation difference between a British, an American and an Australian "Uranus"?
In my experience the British consistently say your anus, while many Americans seem to say urine us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

Barking Gecko posted:

I definitely remember this. Both radio and TV stations used to do it. After the sign off, TV stations would sometimes display a test pattern. One of the low powered AM radio stations in my hometown would sign off at midnight, which allowed me to listen to other, more distant stations that had the same frequency assignment. I would listen on an old vacuum tube (valve) radio that I resurrected when I was in junior high school. I added a headphone jack, so I could listen late at night, when I was supposed to be sleeping.
My radio story is this - I had a cheap walkman-style radio, and with it I could pick up the sound of computer games, from outside my house. Computers at the time transmitted audio and video to a television in analogue form along a coaxial cable, which apparently acted as a weak transmitter aerial.