Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
This is dumb but is it really dumber than stopping to have 2 Z-tier singers perform God save the queen and Star spangled banner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm new to boxing. When did the sport turn into a live action anime?

This is an insult to anime and to action.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I like the giant laser pointer over Wilder's head as soon as he took the mask off

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

BrotherJayne posted:

gently caress dude, Wilder looks messed up and out of it

Well he had to waste all that energy walking to the ring instead of being carried to it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Can someone tell me why Tyson keeps going for a guillotine?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
How common is this sort of thing?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

double negative posted:

i can't tell where that pic is pulled from, but cbs sports reports $600 too, though with kickers

just a tragic decision by nate either way, with the added bonus of knicks fans catching strays because of his footwear

Yup, CBS is just citing Marc Raimondi there, who clarifies it is $600 due to the California commission state minimum of $100 per round.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I'm guessing it has something to do with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw47gXsDwjw

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

kimbo305 posted:

I’ve seen news that he had back surgery in 2017, but no other details. Doesn’t look to be from his 2012 neck surgery.

That video is from like 2003 and he stopped fighting in 2005 so I would've assumed he'd have surgery way earlier than that, but I don't really know, might've had several.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Why would anyone want to watch that?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Vox Nihili posted:

I have zero interest in boxing generally but the idea of seeing Logan Paul get his rear end beat by a real boxer is pretty loving compelling.

TBF I'll just end up watching some clips or whatever so I won't actually be paying anything for it (god forbid).

You know, at the time of posting I had in my mind Mike's exhibition and was thinking I don't wanna watch Floyd play-fight with youtubers for easy millions, but I'm now thinking back to the Tenshin exhibition and uh, he did not hesitate to try and knock Tenshin in to orbit.

So yeah, if he's really gonna go after him, I'd wanna see it.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Marching Powder posted:

No, you can't beat the best boxer on the planet even by accident even if you outweigh him by 50lbs

Yeah that's kinda how I feel about it too, if Floyd was like a 120~ lb guy and Logan was a 250 lb lifelong bar bouncer or something, maybe, but as it is I think it's actually the most dangerous fight for his opponent, since Conor and Tenshin at least both had combat sports experience. That's again, assuming that Floyd actually fights him rather than pretending to.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
That dude does not look like he was just in a boxing match, he looks like he's out for a casual jog, so I'm guessing he won.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Boxing 2021: Battle of the Youtubers

Seriously though, does the boxing thread still want to be named Boxing 2019?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
So what's the deal with Stiverne? Way past his prime and hanging on by his toughness? The Bob Sapp of boxing? What do we got here, assume I don't know anything about anything, because that's probably true.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
What should I know about Adrien Broner? I feel like I've heard that name here and there over the years but I have no idea.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Declan MacManus posted:

about billions

former rising star who got done up by marcos maidana and his career was never the same; he’s a natural lightweight who fights 12 pounds heavier than that and as such doesn’t have the power to really compete

he’s a counterpuncher and is an interesting thought experiment along the lines of “what if floyd mayweather wasn’t skilled enough to move up in weight”

also he beats women (allegedly but he’s been charged multiple times soooo), so i wouldn’t root for him; he’s also obnoxious in and out of the ring if that kind of thing turns you off more than choking waitresses

Oh that last part is probably why I've heard his name. Welp.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Is this 52 year old man gonna whoop Frank Mir's rear end?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Troy Queef posted:

Reminder that Cunningham is one of only two men ever to score a KD vs Tyson Fury, so yeah Mir is hosed

That's quite the loving opponent change holy poo poo.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

CommonShore posted:

It won't be any fighter under current UFC contract. More likely someone like Benson Henderson, though I'd wager that the rumour would say "Champion" if it were him.

Roger Huerta?

Jason Knight?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Show these two pictures to people who don't know either person and ask them which one is the dorky youtuber and which one is a multiple organization MMA champion. (crop the name on the pants though)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Watch Floyd show up fat like Askren and take a dive for a half a billion dollar pay day.

What is a lot of money to Ben Askren might not be a lot of money to Floyd Mayweather. Also Mayweather can probably knock his opponent out with about as much effort as it took Ben to fall over.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I just want to say that if any posters in this thread are already posting with an unspoken gimmick that the Paul brothers are just both the same person, I support you in all your efforts.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Parrotine posted:

Has that ever happened before? Somebody died in the middle of a boxing match from a savage blow?

I've heard it happen in UFC a couple of times but not in a boxing match.

List of deaths due to injuries sustained in boxing

One death a few weeks ago, four in 2019. Overall...yeah, it happens.

Fatalities in mixed martial arts contests

This list is less well organized and MMA is much newer so everything on it should be roughly the last 30 years, I am unaware of any deaths resulting from UFC fights, but it seems like it does happen in MMA overall, especially in unregulated or poorly regulated amateur bouts.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Kaddish posted:

A lot more than $20 million and Fury (in some fashion) would have to pay that $20 million.

What does this mean?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Who among us hasn't forgotten to shower while staying up to the wee hours of the morning covered in our own sweat brought out by training for a fake competition, researching all the best juice so that we can punch harder at our aging opponents?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

TastyAvocado posted:

Woodley went on a show called "The Titan Games" and was put up against a high school teacher in an obstacle course, and he got completely obliterated because he gassed so hard after the first couple of obstacles that he could barely stand up.

In his defense it was immediately obvious that Woodley had never seen any of the obstacles before and the teacher seemed very familiar with them, also:

His website posted:

I am currently a high school basketball coach, assistant baseball coach, slow-pitch softball player, amateur powerlifter, and full-time outdoorsman.

So maybe not quite just "a high school teacher" :shrug:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Marching Powder posted:

Lmao at the vicious Sydney diss out of nowhere.

Hah I was wondering, but it looks like their actual objection is to the lockdown that would be enforced upon them anywhere in that region, they don't wanna do a weight cut in lockdown :shrug:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
https://twitter.com/USMAN84kg/status/1432193193177538562

:emptyquote:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Doltos posted:

Woodley can't land poo poo he's not throwing he just didn't prepare at all

Find every moment in the fight where Paul was backed in to a corner, you will see Woodley immediately take two steps backwards. Every time.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Payment Day posted:

gently caress you

Are you ok buddy?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

ccubed posted:

Does Glory go here? Anyway, crazy finish here:
https://twitter.com/beyond_kick/status/1434264863950479362

Could post it here too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630848

Anyway the tweet is gone, what was it?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Where else would I see 50 cent explain the bottling process to me

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
LMAO

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I was about to write something about how it's weird that it's 2 minute rounds but I guess it doesn't loving matter

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Gramps posted:

This is gonna be real bad for vitor

lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
LMAO

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Are these next heavyweights supposed to be better than these last heavyweights?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

The SituAsian posted:

Lomachenko will beat Kambosos and then beat some random rear end WBO mandatory and then be stripped of 2 of the belts because of conflicting mandatories

How often does this kind of thing happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Canelo vs Beterbiev sounds cool as poo poo actually I love that fight