Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I feel like Joshua's starting to get antsy while watching Fury and Wilder make their fights. I wouldn't be surprised if AJ fought one of the two in autumn. I'm not sure why he canceled his April fight with Whyte to book a June fight with Miller instead, but it could be because the idea of fighting Whyte wasn't as profitable as they thought it might be and instead they want to break into the American market to set up a fight with Wilder.

Apparently Whyte wouldn't agree to the terms for April.

Fury/wilder is absolutely on the cards for the end of the year. Even if there's drama with the winner the loser will be desperate to get a chance at him so can't see it not happening. Fury to lose to wilder then get KO'd by Joshua this year would be the dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The SituAsian posted:

GGG to Dazn is reported to have finally gotten across the finish line and now Deontay Wilder is supposedly meeting with Dazn as well to sign after his May fight with Dominic Brezeale. Exciting times for Days Inn.

So all the belts will be with DAZN?

ESPN's £80m deal with Fury doesn't look so good

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

Jesus that's the drug they abandoned testing on rats because it gave them cancer everywhere at once

Yeah WADA put out press releases when it started appearing on the black market pleading with people not to take it.

Who steps in for miller then?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

how lax is drug testing in boxing? do they actually do random tests or is it just before a fight?

I think it's almost exclusively during camps.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Whoa!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Eddie Hearn must be about ready to kill himself

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I listened to it as I was on a night shift and it almost sounded like Joshua didn't really give a poo poo?

Does seem as if he's let the hype get to him. Before the Klitschko fight he seemed really down to earth and was living with his mum. Now he's got 30+ hangers on and probably believed he didn't have to put the work in to beat Ruiz.

Hopefully he gets his head together and maybe looks at the people around him before coming back.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Fury's weakness is the anti-doping agencies. If they'd done their job even half properly he'd not even been in the ring with wlad

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'm sure the boxer who repeatedly said doping should be allowed and has dropped huge amounts of weight in incredibly short timeframes just ate some wild boar.

He pissed hot in Feb 2015 so shouldn't have been in the ring in July.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

People seem to be getting confused between relative and absolute numbers of people dying. Yes more people die cave diving but there's probably more people in the caves of Florida in one weekend then there are pro boxing matches in a year.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ruiz gaining weight to try and absorb Joshua's power and Joshua losing to try and be more nimble?

Twitter saying Ruiz hid weights in his sombrero to make it look like he hasn't trained properly

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

+15 and he looks slimmer? those world champ roids are good. lol. i thought he looked loving huge during gloves off.

Muscle weighs more than fat. You can absolutely gain weight while looking slimmer.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Joshua's plan seems to be working. Jab away and clench when it gets close in.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ruiz made of steel

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ruiz knows he has to go for a KO now. Belts gone if it goes to the cards.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Praying the homophobic drugs cheat gets knocked out because I'm sick of hearing about what a great story he is.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

the best outcome is for paul to pay mayweather to let it go a few rounds so he then believes he's a boxer and therefore gets killed by a heavyweight who needs money in his next fight

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

"The Sauce" is a great nickname

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Welp this is over

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pulev's walkout track is superb

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

what the gently caress, joshua usually has cool walkout music. This is trash

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

How do you go from fela kuti to music for thumbs?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Good lad AJ is doing well imo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

pulev's got a solid chin

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

He knows he has to knock out AJ and he's going for it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

How do you survive those uppercuts?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That right hand to end it :vince:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I feel like tonight joshua was as nimble as he's been in a fight, maybe got abit carried away trying to go for the ko but showed a good mix of his power and the smart boxing he showed against ruiz the second time

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Yeah canelo looks like a machine

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Canelo looked loving incredible.

He looked like he could have done another 12 rounds easy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Sounds like Canelo's next fight post-Yildirim will be Billy Joe Saunders. Hopefully Saunders can avoid loving up in his personal life long enough for that fight to actually happen.

Super juice fight.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55956375

BBC team who made it have been threatened which is a great way of proving you're not a crime lord.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Having watched it the most damning bit of the documentary for me was that MTK don't charge star fighters any management fees but have somehow (by the CEO's own admission) built up a huge pot to allow them to snap up over 300 fighters and win more purse bids.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Their doping bans cancel out I guess. BJS just added to the case against him by offering journalists access to Daniel Kinahan in exchange for writing positive things about him.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Can't stand Fury, lovely person, unrepentant doper and he's effectively a human money laundromat. He couldn't avoid wilder for 12 and AJ is more dangerous so it'll be close.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Fury doing coke is probably the least objectionable thing about him

I don't give a poo poo about coke, if UKAD had done his job he'd never have been in the ring with wlad. He's spoken about how doping should be allowed and anyone who believes the wild boar story is a moron. He's dropped his British boxing license to avoid another investigation.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

double negative posted:

it's cool how many high level british boxers just openly talk about and praise their mob boss patron

Tbf he doesn't charge them any management fees, no wonder they're happy

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

If I pay someone half a mil to make a meal I expect them to make me something edible even if they're only a pastry chef.

If I pay someone half a mil to weed my garden I expect I won't see dandelions there tomorrow even if they're a tennis instructor

If I pay a wrestler half a mil to fight a youtube, I expect them to not go down one minute in the first round.

You're thinking he got paid to fight and not to go down and increase Paul's ppv money in the next fight. Only question is if Jake Paul knows it and thinks he's actually a boxer or not.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Their both going to be hella juiced but BJS is such an unbelievably lovely person I hope his career is over after tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

Lets bet 10 bucks on it, i'll take jake

lol way to miss the point about a dude that went down smiling about the bag he was getting