Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Only thing I know about James Toney is he got a nice payday to get taken down and bopped a few times by Randy Couture at the end of his career.

Ray Mercer also crossed over to fight a former UFC champ. They were originally supposed to box, but the AC wouldn’t sanction the bout under boxing rules. It would do it as an MMA fight, though. Tim and Ray had gentleman’s agreement that they would only box. Immediately out the gate, Sylvia throws a leg kick, disappointing Mr. Mercer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUx9OE7DZAo

I like mercer's little pause of "did he just? ok gently caress this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Modern pentathlon sucks rear end though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope butterbean fights Jake Paul and wins. Dude deserves to get paid.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What the gently caress. Gotta make it about yourself, I guess

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

forkboy84 posted:

Wait until you see the UK spinoff Geordie Shore. Now that is a wreck

geordie shore is an insane disaster

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lid posted:

ok i know the chaos is the story but why in the gently caress did the ref stop this

best i can guess is repeatedly ignoring referee instruction?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i really liked the bits on how the clinch is used in boxing. not something i knew anything about

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i want to see ngannou go again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jump King posted:

Tank is too big for Inoue I think. Would be interesting if they could get it to work but tank would have to drain himself down to 130 or below and I don’t see it happening

isn't tank like 60 years old and probably twice the weight of inoue now?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh i thought that was tomorrow. it being tonight is sweet

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i can only hope that tyson goes in thinking it's a bit of fun but the first time paul hits him then he just goes full tyson and KOs him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Shard posted:

so do yall think Tyson can beat Jake Paul even with the rules about the 18oz gloves and the headguard? I don't know about the gloves, I assume that makes the punches less hard?

I had assumed there would be rules in Jake's favor, is this a big handicap or not much?

i heard they handicapped the fight about 30 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

"knockouts are permitted" is a weird way to phrase that to me, a casual boxing fan