Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

what would you suggest a boxer nicknamed the Bronze Bomber should call his fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Inoue above Canelo on the p4p lists.

You could argue for him at #1 IMO, he's demolishing world class opposition much more easily than Loma or Crawford.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy hell I did not see that coming

gutted for Joshua, but also happy for Ruiz, his press conference where he talked about how his family won't have to struggle any more was :3:

however now I have to accept that Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and I am very unhappy about that fact

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I can't stand Fury either as a fighter or a person but I think he won the first Wilder fight and I don't see him getting tagged again with that right in the second. I'd even have him as favourite against Joshua because even though Ruiz and Fury are nothing like each other as fighters I'm not convinced that Joshua can come back with the same mentality after being taken apart by a guy everyone thought was a no-hoper.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Idk how anyone could dislike fury

he's a misogynist and a homophobe

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

so are all your favourite boxers

maybe, maybe not

but at least they've got the loving sense to keep whatever hateful views they have secret instead of confirming them to the world

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how the absolute gently caress did the ref let him get back in there and carry on

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
dude went through the ropes because he was so loopy his feet weren't working, I feel like at that point that's enough head trauma for one night

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I feel sorry for whoever's got to tell a crowd of rowdy Joshua fans that actually drinking isn't allowed in the building

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
KSI v Logan Paul is probably the first fight since Fury-Chisora where I hope they both get brutally knocked out

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
to be fair I only find KSI mildly annoying whereas Paul is an absolute disgrace of a human being

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I like that Wilder is basically the only boxer on the planet whose trash talk is 100% factually accurate

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how the hell do you miss by nearly 10% of your entire bodyweight

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he pretty clearly chooses to go down the second time, but it's quite difficult to tell the difference between taking a dive and an overmatched guy deciding he's been punched in the head enough for one night

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Praying the homophobic drugs cheat gets knocked out because I'm sick of hearing about what a great story he is.

don't forget misogynistic

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Am I dumb for being less impressed by Fury's dominance in the sport due to him being a literal giant at 6'9? He towers over basically everybody.

Wilder is 6'7

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Word on the street is Fury may have used loaded gloves? Just heard about this from a guy at work.

at this rate Wilder is going to outdo Cain Velasquez for most pathetic/hilarious excuses following a loss

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
BJS is an absolute garbage person so I hope Canelo destroys him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Gatti/Ward is three fights of complete insanity.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wondering what BJS has been up to during the outbreak? well wonder no more

quote:

Saunders filmed himself hitting a punchbag while appearing to show men how to hit their partners should they get into an argument during the lockdown.

The footage obtained by Mirror Fighting, which has circulated on WhatsApp, shows the super-middleweight world champion with a punch bag in his barn after a training session.

He proceeds to advise men what to do physically if they get into an argument.

Saunders also provides commentary, saying: "I just wanted to make a little video for all you dads, husbands, if you've got girlfriends etc.

"Obviously this Covid-19 is getting very serious and we are isolated away in right spaces.

"If your old woman is giving you mouth and you try to be patient, you try to be calm, cool, but after the sixth day you're just about to explode.

"All of a sudden she's coming at you, spitting a bit of venom in your face, ready to say something, you may have left the dishes out, I don't know what you've done but you've upset her."

He then goes into specific detail what men should physically do - which the Mirror has decided not to publish.

quote:

The Sun has the video and the rest of the transcript, as he demos it on the punching bag.

"As she comes in, she's coming at you and you've lost it, just keep it safe with the hands. So as she comes in, she's just about to say something, all of a sudden you explode and hit her on the chin.

"At this time she may flash and see white and think, 'What's happened?', she's in a state of a horror.

"She doesn't know what's going on and all of a sudden you dip down on that knee and you finish her off. That should do the trick."

quote:

Saunders recently had his trainer Ben Davison and stable-mate Josh Taylor kicked off a plane after calling Delta Airlines with a coronavirus warning.

An audio clip surfaced which appeared to reveal him laughing as he recalled ringing Delta Airlines to tell them a friend of his had COVID-19 and was preparing to board the flight.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that sounds like one delicious omelette of a fight

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea I’m not paying for it but I pray Nate Robinson causes irreparable damage to Jake Paul

if this happens I will torrent it

otherwise I'm gonna pretend it isn't happening

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Conor seems many times more likely to give Paul serious head trauma than anyone he's faced so far so I am 100% down for that

the great thing about two complete assholes fighting each other is that every possible outcome is a good one

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
don't think I've seen Okolie before but he just absolutely brutalised a guy

e: who on earth made the decision to have these pundits talk with the live crowd in the background

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 12, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
those dreads are loving disgusting

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the FIGHT! STARTS! NOW!after these in-ring introductions

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the only way Joshua loses this is if he rushes in and gets clipped

standing at range Pulev is nowhere near hitting him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Pulev is a loving dirty fighter

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I hate when a fighter goes out quietly so I have to give Pulev props for actually trying to win here

e: apparently my stream was a couple of minutes behind

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 13, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

My god pulev is a tough guy.

getting back up after that knockdown was equal parts impressive and stupid

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I would thoroughly enjoy watching Conor beat the poo poo out of Paul

and I would also thoroughly enjoy Paul bullying the poo poo out of Conor

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Hopefully Saunders can avoid loving up in his personal life long enough for that fight to actually happen.

and then get killed in the ring, and I mean literally

BJS is a complete piece of poo poo as a person

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

hope Canelo beats the absolute piss out of him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

That's an interesting take because I kind of do the opposite and, if I know for a fact that a guy is a complete rear end in a top hat or openly acts like one, I always enjoy watching him get the poo poo beat out of him and totally root against him. For instance, I always enjoyed watching Prince Naseem Hamed and Hector Camacho get their asses beat and really enjoyed watching Manny Pacquiao beat the ever living Christ out of Antonio Margarito for 10 rounds.

yeah this is why I'm looking forward to Canelo v BJS probably more than any other upcoming fight

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
who's the Steve Mazzagatti of boxing refs? the guy who's just happy to stand there and watch someone get smashed because he believes that breathing counts as intelligent defence

because that's the guy I want to get Canelo-BJS

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the AJ that beat Wlad could definitely beat Fury but we haven't seen him for a few fights now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Fury doing coke is probably the least objectionable thing about him

he's misogynistic, homophobic, and works for a literal gangster, the only reason he's not the worst person in British boxing is that BJS exists

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's got a retractable roof, but I'd be shocked if they don't have it closed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Paul's CTE is retroactive, in that it was showing up before he ever got into a ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
100-plus at least? well gently caress get him in the ring ASAP then