Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kalli posted:

So I was kinda wondering how they were going to handle the problem that OL talent / coaching is so thin and D-tier OL have no chance against D-tier pass rushers, and uh... man that rulebook

Yeah. Hell it is simpler to launch the space shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Kalli posted:

So I was kinda wondering how they were going to handle the problem that OL talent / coaching is so thin and D-tier OL have no chance against D-tier pass rushers, and uh... man that rulebook

They should've hired some kickstarter board game developers to clean up these rules, man.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is there anything better then watching a QB get annihilated by a corner blitz?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Rooster Brooster posted:

They should've hired some kickstarter board game developers to clean up these rules, man.

I really like their overtime rules and think they should be implemented immediately in all levels of football, but this defensive pressure box stuff is weird and almost certainly going to be tweaked before the end of the season.

(Overtime rules: Get the ball first-and-goal at the 10 and score. No field goals or extra point kicks allowed.)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Wylie posted:

I really like their overtime rules and think they should be implemented immediately in all levels of football, but this defensive pressure box stuff is weird and almost certainly going to be tweaked before the end of the season.

(Overtime rules: Get the ball first-and-goal at the 10 and score. No field goals or extra point kicks allowed.)

It's the first year of the league. Things are absolutely gonna be tweaked.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Kalli posted:

Is there anything better then watching a QB get annihilated by a corner blitz?

A no-see 'em? No. There's absolutely no more beautiful play, simply because you see it about to happen for what seems like an eternity. It's a mini-horror movie.

I know it's troglodytic nowadays with what we know about trauma, but I also hate it when they go for the ball. I like it when they hammer them right between the shoulder blades at full speed.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

All but says "you must count 5 Mississippi before you rush the QB."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

A no-see 'em? No. There's absolutely no more beautiful play, simply because you see it about to happen for what seems like an eternity. It's a mini-horror movie.

I know it's troglodytic nowadays with what we know about trauma, but I also hate it when they go for the ball. I like it when they hammer them right between the shoulder blades at full speed.

There's just nothing better

https://giant.gfycat.com/ImpressionablePerfumedBarebirdbat.webm

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ulmont posted:

All but says "you must count 5 Mississippi before you rush the QB."

Heck to track all of this there will be more refs on the field versus players.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Colostomy Bag posted:

I was thinking the drat same thing. I'm looking at the odds and basically they are mostly even or a score.

Or, perhaps they invited in the best of the handicappers to judge the epicness of this football spectacle.

They have lines for the 4th preseason game. They just adjust it when money gets bet. Really they don't care how much they lose if they can get football action year round it will be amazing for them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I see a lot of ARIZONA HOTSHOTS on this list ijs

https://twitter.com/PFF_AAF/status/1094013261597589504

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The first game is gonna be an unwatchable shitfest but I’m not sure in what kind of way.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The first game is gonna be an unwatchable shitfest but I’m not sure in what kind of way.

Frankly I wish I had some poo poo tv and pulled an Elvis on it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol was this posted yet

https://247sports.com/Article/AAF-Birmingham-Iron-Lawrence-Okoye-arrested-128888364/

Lawrence Okoye attested in a prostitution sting

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

lol was this posted yet

https://247sports.com/Article/AAF-Birmingham-Iron-Lawrence-Okoye-arrested-128888364/

Lawrence Okoye attested in a prostitution sting

It was also posted on the previous page of this thread. Get on our level Ehud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Trent truck on the team, affiliated with the Pats and the Tide, and they're the first team with a person arrested this season. The Iron look unstoppable, my fleet might not stand a chance :negative:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wandler20 posted:

It was also posted on the previous page of this thread. Get on our level Ehud.

I would beg to cut him some slack. In this AAAA+ league dominated by the the sheer magnificence of the Memphis Express it is easy to miss a few posts with the delirium that has overtaken us all.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Colostomy Bag posted:

I would beg to cut him some slack. In this AAAA+ league dominated by the the sheer magnificence of the Memphis Express it is easy to miss a few posts with the delirium that has overtaken us all.

That's sure a funny way to spell Orlando Apollos.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

wandler20 posted:

nvm

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

This.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

Trent truck on the team, affiliated with the Pats and the Tide, and they're the first team with a person arrested this season. The Iron look unstoppable, my fleet might not stand a chance :negative:

They're also affiliated with the Bill's and Browns

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MemThis.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nvm

Go...Hotshots?

Lol Rahim Moore is on the Hotshots

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 9, 2019

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
CBS should get Tony Romo to commentate one of these games just to see what happens.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
"I have no loving idea what these idiots are doing. Is this really football?"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CBS should get Tony Romo to commentate one of these games just to see what happens.

Well it would be an upgrade from the Superbowl.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How do I find out what lovely NFL team I should root for based upon my chosen AAF team?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

How do I find out what lovely NFL team I should root for based upon my chosen AAF team?

Pats.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

Well that's easy, I'm a

*checks notes*

Cardinals fan?!?!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I decided to root for the Express because gently caress it who cares. Then I'm gonna become a fan of whoever tries their best the most

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The phone app got updated today with this changelog:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alliance-of-american-football/id1433999024?mt=8

quote:

Live Video of game (when available).

That's promising but not helpful

Do I have to shell out $60 for the CBS All Access app or not, guys

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

The phone app got updated today with this changelog:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alliance-of-american-football/id1433999024?mt=8

That's promising but not helpful

Do I have to shell out $60 for the CBS All Access app or not, guys

quote:

The first version of the AAF's app will offer fans three basic features, according to Ebersol: the ability to livestream games for free, watch a fully animated version of the game ("Imagine 'Madden' meets 'Angry Birds' that's fully real-time.") and engage in games where users can, for example, guess the next play, win points and level up.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well wait now the Android app has a little more info

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aaf&hl=en

quote:

We've added Live Game video streaming (if available in your market).

So I'll get at least one game a week free through the app?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't wait to grind EXP on the back of Hack's arm.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It’s gameday fellas :parrot:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Memphis is the most northeast city closest to me, so go Express?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

latinotwink1997 posted:

Memphis is the most northeast city closest to me, so go Express?

Yes exactly my friend, go the loving Express

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/pff_aaf/status/1094293538454548485?s=21

Shots

Bitch

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Apollos!

Shocked the Fleet only had one pick them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I can't in good conscience root for a team with Rahim Moore on it (despite him being one of my favorite players in the past 10 years) so I'm going to roll with the Hack Attack, go express. Final answer.