Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Well, I get to go from the Bills to the Express. I’d call it fate.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Do you know if any of the funds from merch sales go to actual Wildland Firefighting funds? I wouldn't think so, but it would be icing on the cake for my favorite team

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

latinotwink1997 posted:

Well, I get to go from the Bills to the Express. I’d call it fate.

Switch to Iron, there are a ton of ex-bills

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The live stream in the iOS app is working for me today, which is cool. But it has no audio and no indication of score / down and distance / any of the clocks, lol? Is that just what it looks like or is my app glitching out?

The Hotshots look v good

edit: it's actually kind of hypnotically enjoyable just watching football with zero interruptions, graphics, or announcers. There's also these funny behind the scenes moments that would normally be during TV timeouts where the skycam comes over to a dude for maintenance and you just see the ground and his shadow for 30 seconds as he adjusts something.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 11, 2019

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Benne posted:

How bad of a camp did Mettenberger have that he can't even crack mop-up duty in a blowout loss?

Mettenberger is real bad and slow as poo poo. Like, he makes Rivers look athletic lol.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The first week is in the books and you know what that means -- AAF POWER RANKINGS TIME

1. Arizona
2. Orlando
3. Birmingham
4. San Antonio
5. Salt Lake
6. San Diego
7. Atlanta
8. Memphis

The Hotshots were the preseason Vegas favorites and lived up to their billing tonight, with easily the best offensive execution of the weekend. Spurdog showed that he's still got it, putting up a 40-burger with Garrett Gilbert of all people. The Iron are super easy to root for and Luis Perez is arguably the best QB in the league. Salt Lake had bad luck with turnovers and injuries, they were hanging with Arizona just fine before Woodrum went down. Mike Martz will not rest until every QB is dead under his watch. And lmao Hackenberg.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Benne posted:

The first week is in the books and you know what that means -- AAF POWER RANKINGS TIME

1. Arizona
2. Orlando
3. Birmingham
4. San Antonio
5. Salt Lake
6. San Diego
7. Atlanta
8. Memphis

The Hotshots were the preseason Vegas favorites and lived up to their billing tonight, with easily the best offensive execution of the weekend. Spurdog showed that he's still got it, putting up a 40-burger with Garrett Gilbert of all people. The Iron are super easy to root for and Luis Perez is arguably the best QB in the league. Salt Lake had bad luck with turnovers and injuries, they were hanging with Arizona just fine before Woodrum went down. Mike Martz will not rest until every QB is dead under his watch. And lmao Hackenberg.

I agree with those with the exception of switching salt lake and san antonio, but I'm biased.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

But San Antonio has a win, dumbo

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
So yeah this was a good weekend of actually watchable and fun football. I'm totally sold on this thing and hope it sticks around.

I know we laugh at the empty seats but all things considered the attendance has actually looked quite good.

PS go Commanders

e:

PneumonicBook posted:

I agree with those with the exception of switching salt lake and san antonio, but I'm biased.

We're undefeated and you're not

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 11, 2019

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Trent Richardson looked awful but redeemed himself with the 2 touchdowns?

I'm wondering why Blake Sims took all the snaps in their preseason game when Luis Perez was the obvious starter

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Fenrir posted:

So yeah this was a good weekend of actually watchable and fun football. I'm totally sold on this thing and hope it sticks around.

I know we laugh at the empty seats but all things considered the attendance has actually looked quite good.

PS go Commanders

e:

We're undefeated and you're not

yeah, the attendance is fine when you compare it to arena games where it's still half full although in a basketball arena that holds like 20k people max

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Blitz7x posted:

I'm wondering why Blake Sims took all the snaps in their preseason game when Luis Perez was the obvious starter

22 - 55 - 2 statline

I expected the running backs in this league to be better than they are.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I'm a little surprised at the lack of broken plays. I though there'd be waaay more wide open guys for long TDs but the defenses seem pretty okay

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

BrownThunder posted:

But San Antonio has a win, dumbo

Yes but I've declared my undying love for the Stallions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/aafhotshots/status/1094808212933566465

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Crowd got heavy into the game once the floodgates broke and the points started rolling in.

I’m thrilled. Had a great time and had insane seats for only 35 bucks.

I will absolutely go to more of these this season.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Fenrir posted:

Missed the Saturday games due to forgetting this existed but the Sunday ones were awesome and I'm thinking "guy who gets unreasonably into the AAF" would be a fun character to try on IRL.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Blitz7x posted:

I kind of think a lot of the teams knew they were there to give tape to their opponents, so they made a hash of it on purpose?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

where is the aaftermath thread

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

rare Magic card l00k posted:

where is the aaftermath thread

:golfclap:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Just got home but wanted to say...

Go

Shots

Bitch

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Go

Shots

Bitch

Operations S.H.O.T.S. is a go.

I repeat, Operations S.H.O.T.S. is a go.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

weird Asian candy posted:

Go

Shots

Bitch

MOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gonz posted:

Operations S.H.O.T.S. is a go.

I repeat, Operations S.H.O.T.S. is a go.

:hellyeah:

Judging by your posts looks like you had a good time too!

BIG MOOD

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

22 - 55 - 2 statline

I expected the running backs in this league to be better than they are.

Remember that the offensive linemen here couldn't make it in the NFL, which is already plagued with poor line play. The running backs are probably better relative to most other positions, but are paired with the worst to do their job.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Overall, thr AAf was not terrible. Dob't know quite how good it is, but its watchable

OL and the run game were rough all around for just about everybody. Dudes were getting blown up in the backfield a lot

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Arkhams Razor posted:

Remember that the offensive linemen here couldn't make it in the NFL, which is already plagued with poor line play. The running backs are probably better relative to most other positions, but are paired with the worst to do their job.

Yeah there's a reason T-Rich's "redemption" was in the 2nd half after a ton of bad carries. The Iron was shockingly good in pass blocking all day (if the receivers caught everything they should have Perez would have had himself a loving day) but MANNN they constantly let the defense penetrate during run plays

If Birmingham's line gets as good at running as they are at pass protection they'll really have something I think. On defense this game was meaningless--they looked really good, but it was Hack

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Will Hill is a goddamned cheat code in this league

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Crossposting from the GDT which just got closed, because I think this is a real interesting narrative going forward

quote:

I wonder if the WRs are really that bad across the league or if it's just a matter of getting more live reps/chemistry with their QBs. There were way too many easy drops of all kinds -- balls just bouncing off their hands, not winning contested catches, not securing the ball while going to the ground. That's something I'll be watching for the next few weeks to see if it gets better.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i think just being able to catch a goddamned football is enough to get you on a NFL roster at least for depth/special teams

same thing for a RB with any kind of burst/1st gear because outside of Arizona a lot of the RBs seemed to be slow to the gap

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

#ForgeOn

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

im cautious because even tho T rich had 2 touchdowns he only got 2.6 ypc like holy poo poo yikes

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

also im worried about rooting for a team that bills fans and crimson tide fans will also be rooting for but i guess thems the breaks :smith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Spaced God posted:

Do you know if any of the funds from merch sales go to actual Wildland Firefighting funds? I wouldn't think so, but it would be icing on the cake for my favorite team

No, but every touchdown of the season, the AAF donates $1000 to disaster relief organizations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm attached to Salt Lake because they're the Seahawks affiliate, and being coached by Dennis Erickson gives me a bit of a nostalgic boost because they looked like the exact same boring, semi-competent .500-ish team that Erickson's Seahawks used to be back in the day.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Benne posted:

Crossposting from the GDT which just got closed, because I think this is a real interesting narrative going forward

Perez had so many gorgeous passes dropped. Just give that kid someone with actual hands and he'd be stunning. The Rams cut him after preseason is going to be a helluva narrative when he gets to a camp.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I gotta get me a ticket to the Fleet home opener next weekend.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Gonz posted:

No, but every touchdown of the season, the AAF donates $1000 to disaster relief organizations.

Man, Memphis are a bunch of assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Arkhams Razor posted:

I was rolling my eyes at the convoluted pass rush restrictions, but watching a few drives of an AAF game makes it abundantly clear why they felt the need to do that. Even with the nerfed pass rush, every QB was playing from behind five turnstiles on most plays.