Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The load times weren't great on my standard ps4, so yeah, picking this up on PC, no question in my mind now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This game feels so fun that I'm gonna be a dumb rear end in a top hat and actually pre-order the deluxe edition because I want those other breakers along with my classic dmc tunes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Fereydun posted:

interview stuff

I'm glad capcom seems to have learned from their mistakes in the early to mid 2010's and have just given their in house talent a lot of freedom to make the games they want to make.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was sorta okay with waiting 8 days but now gently caress me it’s gonna be hard

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lotta reviews coming in saying it's the best DMC ever, oh god be Friday already please....

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Nero's a starting character and they seem to address my main gripe with him by having the devil breakers vary up his gameplay more, so his complaint is really dumb.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pesky Splinter posted:

[e]: Also two DMC2 trailers - one seems pretty early on in development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI4_Q1SplAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDco_GeJRnI

Itsuno is pretty amazing for even getting a playable game going, given that he had like what, 4 months to fix the broken mess that the game was? Not to mention getting his budget slashed for dmc 4. The guy knows how to work under trying conditions.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm currently playing the angelo fight with Dante and we've reached the point in every DMC game where I'm obsessed with royal guarding and/or countering a bosses every move. So I've replayed that fight like 10 times.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

And I love Bayonetta. But I hated having to play a Space Harrier ripoff for 10 minutes for one of the best boss fights in the game. Just an awful decision.

This boss fight is loving incredible and god drat does it suck that it's such a slog to get to that fight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Not to beleaguer the DmC bashing but loving lol at DMC5 selling more copies in a week then DmC did in it's entire run.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mr.Citrus posted:

I don't get why everyone says DmCs combat was good. It's combat fixed a problem that was never really a problem.

NT dev : "Because of the angel/ devil system players are forced to utilize more of the weapons!"

Players : "I thought the style system already effectively did that? Isn't this just a poorly thought out mechanic stolen from Ikaruga without the nuance or fun? "

NT dev: "Uhhhhhhhh.......... UMMMMMMM........ LOOK A MOP FELL ON DANTE'S HEAD!"

DmC just felt like a downgrade, since all the other DMC games felt like adding poo poo like dante's styles, the exceed gauge and the devil bringer. Dmc removed the styles and stuff and the only thing they kinda kept was Nero's extending grapple arm thing.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

DMC 5 story was good, but they really hosed over Trish and Lady hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Trish has no backstory, she's just a demon made by mundus to gently caress with Dante. She literally didn't exist before he made her to send to Mallet iland

Lady got her entire own game.

This game is about Nero,. Dante, and V.

I don't want the games to get centred around them, but having the only two woman characters, who are shown to be extremely competent in past games, get effortlessly beaten, get stripped down, stuck in some demons, then rescued by the boys is loving weak man.

Give me a couple of scenes of them being cool at least.