Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

post in here if you play apex legends so that you may be appropriately flamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqQ6whOG-Pg

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I've been calling it gapex legends

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Legend checking in. Who yall maining?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
synthy slowly adding names to People To Kill list before applying lipstick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hope you guys don’t mind when I hijack this thread later to discuss Titanfall 2. Speaking of which, it goes for $9 on Xbox and PS4 Store often, so go buy it ASAP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hope you guys don’t mind when I hijack this thread later to discuss Titanfall 2. Speaking of which, it goes for $9 on Xbox and PS4 Store often, so go buy it ASAP

Apparently AL release boosted all the player count on all platforms for TF2 over the weekend...may have to reinstall on PS4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Apparently AL release boosted all the player count on all platforms for TF2 over the weekend...may have to reinstall on PS4

drat all 12 players logged on

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s called Titanfall 2 because that’s how many players there are :cawg:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

its been kinda fun so far

i have 0 kills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We got a live one folks!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Whoops wrong thread

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Probated for making a thread for a game i dont even play :mad:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh HELL yeah baby, ground floor!!!! W00t

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

me: what's apex legends

EA: it's overwatch... wait for it... meets fortnite.

me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3veEAzVYamo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

me: what's apex legends

EA: it's overwatch... wait for it... meets fortnite.

me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3veEAzVYamo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP1HHmQ1i4I

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Grow up.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

A god drat BR based on Titanfall and they don’t even include the fun wall running or double jumping. You know, the stuff that made being outside the giant robots legit fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

A god drat BR based on Titanfall and they don’t even include the fun wall running or double jumping. You know, the stuff that made being outside the giant robots legit fun.

"While prototyping and playing and iterating, things stay or they go as a result of whether or not they're achieving our goals. Things like wall running and double-jumping, they actually really hurt the strategic and learnable aspects of combat. Because a player can get anywhere almost immediately. So there's no thought process like 'okay, I saw someone run around that building, now I know they're going to be in one of two places.' No—with double-jumping and wall running, they can be anywhere."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

During playtesting we realized a crucial oversight -- the game was simply too much fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's the most despicable defense I've ever seen of making movement worse.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
All the haters scared of enjoying an epic game because it's part of a popular genre. Me and will be fine without your salty asses. :D

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

"While prototyping and playing and iterating, things stay or they go as a result of whether or not they're achieving our goals. Things like wall running and double-jumping, they actually really hurt the strategic and learnable aspects of combat. Because a player can get anywhere almost immediately. So there's no thought process like 'okay, I saw someone run around that building, now I know they're going to be in one of two places.' No—with double-jumping and wall running, they can be anywhere."

What on earth....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dev: We had wall running, double jumping, even triple jumping at one point, playable alongside titans, and after doing some market research we realized the average person who would actually install and play a Battle Royale is too retarded to even know how to aim down sights. So we doubled down on our cosmetics and quip development for our epic Legends!

Apex Legends player:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Dev: We had wall running, double jumping, even triple jumping at one point, playable alongside titans, and after doing some market research we realized the average person who would actually install and play a Battle Royale is too retarded to even know how to aim down sights. So we doubled down on our cosmetics and quip development for our epic Legends!

Apex Legends player:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Apex Legends player:

this is the first time i just thought a better option would be someone give up and play those anime girl card gatcha games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looking forward to squadding up with every single one of you within 30 days time, as the gestalt of gamer hype becomes impossible to ignore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Looking forward to squadding up with every single one of you within 30 days time, as the gestalt of gamer hype becomes impossible to ignore.

The weekend I got drunk enough to install the Overwatch free weekend and play a few matches with Bob3 got me to sober up for a few months.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

This, except I look forward to fragging you with my crack squad of PUBG GoonCord bros.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
they kjilled titanfall 3 for this..... rip

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

In Training posted:

During playtesting we realized a crucial oversight -- the game was simply too much fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The weekend I got drunk enough to install the Overwatch free weekend and play a few matches with Bob3 got me to sober up for a few months.

you were screaming "gently caress yeah! tracer is my waifu!" the whole time

In Training posted:

Apex Legends player:

lmfao at this and the last few pages

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

lmfao at this and the last few pages
...this thread only has 30 posts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

...this thread only has 30 posts