Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
:siren: Spoilers Policy: None. Nada. Not for plot, not for puzzles, not for nothing. :siren:
tagged guesses/calculated solutions to puzzles is allowed and even encouraged! that's not the same thing

Professor Layton's Theme

Well, it's time again folks. Not a pun, I swear. Anyway, Professor Layton 3 (ha suck it, region renames!) is a... really, REALLY good game. It has an insanely good story - and not just for something that could get away with virtually nothing - and a whole buncha clever puzzles and character moments and oh God it's so good you guys!!

Ahem, uh, so being the third game in a trilogy you are expected to know what happened during the previous 2: The Curious Village and Pandora's Diabolical Box. You don't have to do that, of course, and if you don't really care about the plot then feel free not to. Just know that this game is the first one that gets REALLY plot heavy.

Oh and since you should know what happened before, there is zero need to tag anything related to the first two games. For other stuff, just be sensible about it.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

This is kind of like a familiar old friend at this point. Weirder to not see this, huh.

Time Immemorial
probably easier to just watch this, really

It's really weird hearing Big Ben chime at half 11. I dunno, that seems really off to me.

But yes, anyway, hello and welcome once again back to "London."

We've seen brief snippets of it in the past, spending a prologue here, once already even...

The camera is primarily following along with this bus.

As the bus journey continues ever onwards...

We cut to inside, and can catch a glimpse of a pair of familiar looking hats!

...Wait, what happened to the Laytonmobile?!

Hmm... A letter, as per the norm, huh? All three of our adventures have started the same way then. Only two mid-journey, though...

Suspicion

If you're watching the video, why yes the speaker here IS Yuri Lowenthal! Ah, the good ol' days when you couldn't turn the corner without tripping over 3 characters voiced by Yuri. How times have changed.

You see, the London we know and love has been thrown into absolute chaos.
To complicate matters, the calamity I speak of does not take place in your time.

I know this is a lot to take in, but I'll explain it all soon.

Obviously, this doesn't actually exist. As a funny quirk, though, you know what DOES exist? Leyton Midland Road Station. Yes, really. I'm like 99% sure Level-5 didn't know that and it's just a funny coincidence, but hey.

Silence

From... my future self? But how is that even possible?
I don't know, but it does raise the question: if this letter is indeed authentic, how did it get here?

But seriously, I think this mystery might be the strangest we've ever encountered!
Indeed. And even in the future, you seem to need my help in solving it.
Your constancy can be quite a comfort in these uncertain times, my boy.
Er... Well, thank you, I think. But back to the letter - how do we know it's real?
Hmm... Well, we haven't much to go on yet.

Hmm...

A nice consistency here, huh? Another 10 mysteries to unravel throughout the course of the game, including the primary plot thread. Hopefully these'll be better thought out this time than "a woman's pet dog is missing on this train."

Suddenly, we're in a flashback and here's a Liam O'Brien! He turns up in, I believe, every single main series game from this point onward in one role or another. He's in several roles in the prologue here alone!

This stream of particles allowed me to divine the terminal points of the vortex.
Armed with this information,

Once the magnetic field is firmly established,

A lot of this is very obviously fictional technobabble, so don't think too hard about it. In summary: Dr. Liam O'Brien has made a time machine and it works.

Also hey these two are here again. You can tell its the real Chelmey because he has Barton with him!

barton

barton please

dont talk with your mouth full and please chew with it closed

Though it does make me wonder what we did to deserve invitations to such a feast.

It's only natural I'd be invited to an important event such as this.
Er, I suppose that's possible...
Possible, you say?

And with that show of modesty from Chelmey...

End

We get to poke around the scene a bit. There's not much to find right now, though, so we'll take a sensible option...

And eavesdrop in on Barton and Chelmey again.

Sorry you feel that way, sir. I think it's quite - chomp chomp - scrumptious, myself.
Bah. This over-salted chop and pile of wilt greens have nothing on Amelie's cooking.

From what little we've learned about Chelmey's wife in the past, she bakes cakes and... no, that's basically everything we know about her actually. Eat your vegetables, Inspector.

If that's how you feel, sir, I'd be happy to relieve you of that, um, burden.
Now see here, Barton! If you don't return my chop at once, I'll have you driving a desk next week!
It would be worth it! Mmm... This crackling is, um, cracking!

Barton and Chelmey have a second bit of dialogue for us if we give 'em another poke. It doesn't matter who you prod for either; I'm just going left-to-right because it worked well in the past.

Come on, sir, it's not all bad. At least there's - shlurp - food to enjoy while we wait.
Honestly, I'm knee-deep in case work. I haven't got the time for fancy banquets.
Chomp! Oh my, sir, you should try this. It's - chomp chomp - absolutely lovely.

So, what about the folks over on this table then?

Complaining
ordinarily this'd just be straight audio but with approx 100% of the good free sites for that dying of their own volition, a short video'll have to do. just pretend its audio only if you want.

Yes, dear...

That's quite understandable, Luke.

Hey look! I think I see Inspector Chelmey over there!

Man, y'know, the audio on this one line is REALLY awful for some reason. Like it was recorded way later than everything else and badly compressed or something. Considering how it doesn't fit the rest of the scene, I could totally buy that that is the case.

Hmm...
So, Professor, what do you about this whole event?

I'm not entirely sure.
Still, if it proves to be true, can you imagine the stir it will cause in the scientific community?
Well, I think it's really exciting! Though you don't sound entirely convinced, Professor.

Why do you say that?
Ah, of course. That must be your famous intuition talking, eh?
That's one way of putting it. But enough speculation. Look over there, Luke.
That guard? What about him?

Ooh! So we have an intruder in our midst!

End

Well, since that's clearly what we NEED to do to continue, let's see if we can get a bit more dialogue from these two beforehand.

Hmmm? What's that? Oh yes, a complete charade.
Well, I hope the presentation is brief. We do have places to be, you know.

Well, this is new! Our first puzzle, and while we are still railroaded into it, we can accept it when we're ready. It's not thrust on us mid-scene.

You look troubled, sir. Might we be of assistance?
Assistance? Oh yes, please! See, I've just received a report of some untoward behaviour...

We'll just skip past this for now. I could just end the update here instead, but we'll continue on for a little way's longer first...

Did you see that, Professor? I just assisted in the apprehension of a suspect!
Oh! Looks like the presentation is about to begin! Let's get back to our seats.

The guard's been replaced by someone new, and there's nothing else that's different here, so...

Time For A Demonstration
almost definitely just watch this; it covers the entire rest of the update (minus the puzzle of course)

Hey, it's Liam O'Brien again! I told you he'd be appearing again before we're done here.

Thank you for taking part in an event that will undoubtedly go down in scientific history.

After years of research in the field of time travel, I am pleaed to share the fruits of my labour.
In just a few short moments, I will be moving on to our scheduled demonstration.

As such, I have reserved a very special seat for our very special guest.
Please join me on stage, Prime Minister. No need to be shy!

Bill Hawks is voiced by... Christopher Robin Miller. Who (just in case you didn't know) also voices Professor Layton himself. How 'bout that.

What do you mean?
I mean, is this contraption a genuine, working time machine?
Why don't you have a seat and see for yourself?
Before we start, would you honour us with a few words, Prime Minister?

Good afternoon, everyone!
Today is a monumental day not only for our great nation, but for the entire human race.
Since the beginning of time, we humans have strived to transcend our natural limits.

But the one frontier that has always eluded us is time.
Indeed, travelling through time is a dream many thought was out of reach for humanity... until now.
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope you will join me in ushering in a new era for mankind!

I dunno, that wasn't a particularly great speech? How did this guy even get elected, again? I sure didn't vote for... wait, what party did you say...?

Thank you for those words, Prime Minister.
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for! Please take it away, Dr. Stahngun!
I have just one more request before we start.

What do you say, Mr. Hawks?
Wh-What?!
I assure you, there's no cause for concern.
But I was under the impression that I would merely be observing the proceedings...
Ah well, do forgive my presumption. It was never my wish to make you uncomfortable.

Please feel free to return to your seat, Prime Minister.
Wait! What I mean to say is, of course I can assist you.
Bill! Have you lost your mind?!

And now, without further ado, I give you my time machine!
Mr. Hawks, would you mind just stepping inside?

And so, the machine opens up to reveal its... surprisingly spacious inside, honestly.

The Prime Minister steps into the time machine...

...as the crowd watches intently.

Dr. Stahngun flips the first switch...

...and the machine powers on.

The doors close, shutting Mr. Hawks inside ready for what comes next.

Dr. Stahngun continues, and proceeds to flip the second switch...

As more power begins to flow through the machine, something seems... wrong.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be happening. I mean, I imagine that time travels takes a bit of power, but man. That electricity seems like a bad omen.

Inside looks pretty bad too, but it's not like I'm a time travel scientist so maybe this is just what happe--

...Never mind, then! :stare:

Bad enough that the time machine got destroyed, but the fountain as well?!

I think "destroyed" might be a bit of an understatement, really. Mr. Hawks' completely gone... did... did it work?!

Someone find Bill!

Please remain calm and refrain from panicking!

He says, while also panicking. Lead by example, jeez.

...Mr. Hawks I understand, but where did Dr. Stahngun go?

My word...

Wait! Maybe if the time machine was real, this letter is real, too!
I don't know about that, but these two elements aren't the only puzzling issues.
Tell me, Luke, have you heard about the recent disappearances occurring here in London?
Oh yes, I read about it in the paper.

Yes, and I can't shake the feeling that those disappearances are linked to this whole affair.
In any case, it seems our best course of action is to head to the location mentioned in the letter.
Good idea!

Second mystery already, and this one seems a lot more directly relevant than most do at first.

And with that, our bus comes to a stop...

Layton and Luke both alight, having reached their destination.

What awaited us

And as we hit the title card, we finally get what was missing until now.

We hadn't received the letter from Luke that details all of this yet!

Little did we know that this letter would draw us into the strangest of situations...

End

And with that, we finally get to start the Prologue.

...Wait, hang on, what?

London Streets

This seems an ideal time to consult the map that accompanied the letter.
Here, Luke. See if you can find the shop's location by yourself.
Say no more, Professor!

Puzzles Reinvented

The past two times I've done the first puzzle myself. First game it was just for expediency; second game it was for necessity. This one can be done in-thread, and we've been through this rodeo twice before. Plus, uh, this game really begins focusing more on the story as an actual story moreso than a vehicle for puzzles, so we only got the one during the entire opening this time around...

1. The clues mention the colors of the flowers and the tablecloths. Use the Memo function to mark the clues on the seating plan. It may help you visualize the situation more clearly.

As before, I'll stagger out the hints just in case. Also as before, I'm sure you'll be fine regardless.

1. To figure out the route, you need to know where to turn and in which direction to go, right?

It is worth noting, though, that this is the game that introduced the Super Hint. Regardless of whether or not you think you need further clues, I'll only ever post that one with the solution because they usually just straight up tell you the answer and that's no fun!

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 2, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

limeicebreakers posted:

Yesss, I've been waiting for this thread!

Yeah, uh, I probably should've gotten to it a lot sooner really. I definitely do feel that a break between each is sorta necessary because of how they play and all but... six and a half-ish years from starting the first to starting the third is perhaps a bit much. :sweatdrop:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moved to the test-poster for readability:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 2, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moved to the test-poster for readability:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 2, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Moved this update to the test-poster for ease of readability:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 23, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Today's update is... well, it's very large of course. And regrettably, this page is very full. So to compensate I'll just put it up on the test poster (as always, remember to thank Baldurk for making this possible!):

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Apologies for the delay, I've just been sick and a bit busy with other stuff lately. But now we can move onto the exact moment when I was all in on this particular ride...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Puzzles Reinvented

Welcome back! Today we'll wrap up these early DLC puzzles and move onto to more interesting fare.

Like I mentioned before, there's only one hint for each so nothing new to see here.

That said, I was originally confused the first time I saw this by why 10/20/30/40 wasn't the answer. I read it as requiring to get every multiple of 10 upto 100. It's not, and thankfully no one made the same mistake I did.

So, the reason why I dislike this one is honestly very simple. Not that it's difficult or anything, but because you have to make a wild assumption about the "sporty boy" in question based on absolutely nothing.

The retroactive logic is written as if it was a generalised question, and if you approach it as one then it's fine and makes sense.

But it's not. You're explicitly asked about a specific person with no basis to really form an answer in that context. It's incredibly poorly worded and dumb. Fitting that it came up shortly after we got an explanation about how wording is important!

Maybe that's just me, though, and you think it's not a big deal. Like I said, it's not like it's harder or anything. It's just really poorly thought out.

Meanwhile, for this one I have very little to complain about. It's just kind of here, comparatively.

As people noted, the question here specifically states it as "between the hands." It implies that it cannot be a reflex angle...

...But the way to prove that a reflex angle is a bad answer is a bit too involved for the kinds of things we've been asked before. It's true that using that means they're all technically correct because there's no upper bound at that point...

Just a reminder that if you start using advanced mathematics for anything, you're massively overthinking things. It's really just an observational quirk, not a mathematical one.

Now, where were we?

Suspicion

Following their narrow escape, Layton and Luke accompany Future Luke to a restaurant in town.

As you may have noticed, chapter breaks are incredibly nicer and well paced than they were in the previous two games.

More London Streets

Luke, please call me anything but Mr Triton. It's really strange being called that by myself.
It's pretty awkward for me too, but what else am I supposed to call you?
I don't see why you can't both be called Luke.

I'm not too keen on "Little Luke", but it's better than all this confusion.
You're the boss, Professor. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Little Luke!
Oh no, the pleasure is all mine, Big Luke!
Heh heh. How, where were we? Ah yes. There was something I needed to check up on.

Ah, yeah, we briefly checked that place out once before!

The one near the arcade's southern exit?
That's the one. We'll head there first. A friend of mine is waiting for us.

Minor aside, after the events in the Gilded 7, the fountain here is now turned off. This temporarily makes the hidden puzzle unobtainable. It'll be available back here again later if you miss it before, so it doesn't get added to Beasley's stuff after chapter 2.

More relevant here, Ward's still gone from here and there's someone new to talk to!

S-sorry, sir. I didn't think a simple hello would scare you so much.
I was lost in thought and didn't see you coming. Anyway, I have things to do. Goodbye.

What's the matter, Professor?
Look at the ground, Luke.

Wet footprints... But it hasn't rained since we got here.
How come his shoes are wet?
I haven't the faintest idea.

How curious, but not curious enough to be added as a mystery.

Before we go back to the restaurant, we'll be taking a diversion to the hospital real quicklike.

Because now we can get a puzzle off the Laytonmobile. Yeah, this one is available for a very, very long time but this is the most convenient time to do it.

Poor thing. The tyres are wonky and half its body's covered in moss.
No wonder it wouldn't start. It's been neglected for ages.
And I took such good care of it back in our own time, too. What a shame...
Taking the Laytonmobile for a tune-up will be the first thing I do when we get back to our time.
But while we're on the subject of automobiles, have you ever heard this one, Luke?

Possibly, but we'll solve this later.

We've got it picked up now, so we'll go all the way back.

I know. We walked through here earlier.
Oh right. Of course you did. You mentioned that before, didn't you?
Yeah... Hey, you know, there's something I've been wondering about.
What's on your mind?

And not only that - it could improve people's lives!
Yes, it would certainly have the potential to do that.
But even though this time machine could do so much for people, you want to stop it from being made?
Picture this scenario. Imagine there's this bully who's always giving you trouble.
Go on.
Now, let's say you had that time machine we've been talking about.

Of course not! That'd be cruel.
Of course you wouldn't, but that's because you've got a good heart.

Cor... I never thought of it like that. We've got to stop that machine from being built!

Little Luke is ostensibly 13 years old(ish) here. It's really weird that he's still being written as if he was a small child with that in mind...

Regardless, before we head into the arcade, we do have someone here to talk to. She does look a bit familiar, even!

Belle, my name is Luke. With an L!
Oh, what's in a name, anyway? All that matters is the loooove we share, Flukey.
Don't you feel lucky to have met your soulmate so early in life? I know I do!
Listen, Belle. I think maybe you've got-
Big dreams for our future? I certainly do. How if only I could sort out this house plan...

That sounds like a "you" problem, honestly. We don't have anything else to do with that one.

So, back into the arcade we go then. This time from this side, working out way around thataway.

Ohey, Dupree is back. Let's see what he has to say now.

Wow! That's in the papers already?

When the casino security staff caught them red-handed, the place turned into the Wild West!
What?! But that's not how it happened at all!
Whoa now! Don't shoot the messenger! I'm just telling you what the paper says.
Well, the paper's wrong!
Oh yeah? How do you know you're not the one who's wrong?

Well, aside from being there at the time...

I hate to say this, but I think the Family controls the press here. The papers print what they're told to.

Dupree sticks around this time, but he doesn't have anything else to say really. Off we go, then...

Is this the place you had in mind, Big Luke?
Yes, this is the one. Let's head in.

We can in a second, but first there is still a thug here. He probably wasn't at the Casino, so he might have something interesting to say.

Wow. You look terrible! What happened to you?
Yeah, I'm in a right state to be honest with you. Bostro just came by with all guns blazin'...
Oh dear. That's awful.
You're tellin' me. He kept bangin' on about some brat who'd got into the casino.
That brat wouldn't happen to be you, would it?
M-me? Oh no, I wouldn't dream of going to an awful place like that.

And I really ain't in no shape for teachin' right now, as you can see.
Uggggh... I just don't get that Bostro. He's always losin' his rag for no reason.

Okay, NOW we can head on in to the restaurant.

Searching for Clues

Yes! He's the one who brought us your letter!

We'll talk to Shipley in but a brief moment, then. First, I'm sure Paillard has something new to say as well.

If you're looking for the best home-cooked meal in London, you've come to the right place!
Fantastic! What do you recommend?
I'm glad you asked! There's nothing I like better than an enthusiastic customer!

What kind of Englishman could say no to that, eh?
Not me, that's for sure. I love fish and chips!
And if you fancy something warming on a cold day, I've got you covered.
My lamb stew with crispy potatoes will have you licking your chops... and the lamb's too! Har har!

Don't get carried away now, Luke. The food sounds wonderful, but we didn't come here to eat, did we?
Oh... That's right. I'm sorry sir, but we have business to attend to. I'll order something later, though!
Har har! Of course, little fella. You have a good think about which dish suits you.

Poor Luke just wants to eat everything. Right place, but wrong time...

Ah well, let's see what Shipley's got for us.

Not at all. I just got here a minute ago myself.
You've all met before, but I don't think you were properly introduced.
This is my good friend, Shipley.

Pleased to meet you, Shipley.
Likewise, Professor. Sorry I had to be so brief with ya when we last met.
Luke here told me I shouldn't share any details until he had the chance to speak to ya himself.
Don't give it another thought. Luke needed to test us before sharing the details of his plan.

Certainly did, Luke. That filthy scumbag Layton-
Er, apologies, Professor. I'm talking about the evil Layton, of course.
The professor is aware of the situation. Do continue.

He's got them working like slaves on something or other.
So the scientists are in the Towering Pagoda... That's going to make things very difficult.
I heard another peculiar rumour while I was about town.
Yes?

What?!
Bill Hawks...

It's been 10 years now...

We won't know until we check the facts for ourselves.
Big Luke, you seemed apprehensive at the mention of the Towering Pagoda.

To complicate matters, all of Chinatown is under Family control.
Which means it'll be difficult just to get within walking distance.
Be that as it may, we need to uncover the truth.
Can you guide us safely to the pagoda?

Why don't we split up for a bit and I'll see if I can secure us a safe route there?

Very well.
Good. Now I need to get moving. Be careful out there.
Crikey, he didn't half leave in a hurry.

Let's see... Yer best bet is to head back up Flatstone Street.
As ya head north towards the casino, there's a small set of stairs on the right.
Do ya know the ones I mean?
Ah, yes. How that you mention it, I do recall passing by an area that fits that description.

From there, just follow that path and it'll take ya straight into Chinatown.
You're not coming with us, Shipley?

Very well. Thank you for your assistance, Shipley. Come, Luke. We mustn't tarry here.
Be careful out there! If ya run into any trouble, ya can always find me here.

As we head on back to Flatstone Street yet again, we'll take a slightly different route around the hotel.

More London Streets

There's someone new out front, but we'll take to that thug first. Left-to-right like normal.

Why the long face, sir?
Bostro just gave me an earful for loafin' on the job. A cardboard cut-out could do better, he said.
Some leader, eh? I re- Hey! Why am I spillin' Family secrets to you?
Erm... I'm not sure.
Oooh! Think you're brainy, gettin' me to fess up and tell the truth, do you?
You won't look so clever when my puzzle stumps you, short stuff! Spot the liar!

I, uh... but what if...

Oh, okay, that's fine.

But what about the other person here? The new one?

Not bad, I suppose...
Days like this always put me in a biscuit-baking mood.
The thing is, I haven't been able to enjoy any of them 'cause of this problem I'm having.
Would you mind helping me with my conundrum? I'll give you some biscuits for your trouble!
Free biscuits?! Well, who am I to refuse someone in need?

Luke has clearly selfish intent here, so we'll... leave this be for now.

So, back on Flatstone Street we'll just head on up towards te casino again. That's where the stairs were, of course, but...

Hatstory

Silence

Remember that woman we saw briefly the last time we came here? Yeah, same thing again.

Erm...

But unlike last time, the professor doesn't just stand around in stunned silence. This time, he runs after this random woman on the street.

Put that way, this sounds incredibly bad.

But she's already gone disappeared from view entirely.

For a brief moment, Layton looks at his reflection in the window of a hat shop...

And we get another flashback to his past.

I didn't really mention it before, but I adore how much of a giant dork Layton looks here.

...Yes, his hat has a backstory. It's not much of one, but it's still one.

Thank you.

Much like during the duel at the end of Pandora's Box, it seems like we'll get a chance to finally see Layton not wearing a hat, but...

The camera cuts away immediately. One day...

The hat does not go with this outfit at all. It's so mismatched. :allears:

A true gentleman? Hmm...

Well, she's not wrong.

End

More London Streets

Did you see that, Professor? That was the same woman we saw earlier, wasn't it?
I... I suppose it was.
You seem distracted, Professor. Are you all right?
What's that? Oh, I'm fine, Luke. Absolutely fine.

Perhaps that's what happened when the prime minister was abducted 10 years ago...

If so, then maybe that really was Claire...
No! It defies all logic. Claire can't be here. Not after that day...

Puzzles Reinvented

Not too many puzzles from this stretch of the game either, but that doesn't mean they're unimportant.

1. The car seats six people, so after one hour the first six people arrive at the destination. Once five are dropped off, however, somebody has to drive the car back to pick up everyone else.

2. It takes two hours to drop off the first five people and drive back to get another load of passengers.

There are six people still waiting, so the driver will load up as many as possible before heading back...

It's super minor, but the US version names this puzzle "Our Dream House" which is a way better name.

1. The plot is shaped like a square with two of its corners cut off. Keep this in mind and think about what kind of shapes you can make four of.

2. Four rooms in the same shape will solve this puzzle. However, they don't all have to be the same size!

Did you perhaps make four trapezoids and wonder why you failed? Remember, to truly be considered the same shape, the proportions of all the rooms need to be equivalent.

1. Drawing a diagram is the quickest way of working this one out.

2. Try and break the problem down into numbers. If one of the 15 biscuits is eaten, that means 14 are left. Divide those 14 equally between two people, and they get seven each. That's taken one minute so far.

Think about the problem in concrete mathematical terms like this and you should be able to work it out.

1. If someone is telling the truth, what that person is saying must be possible. If someone is lying however...

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 18, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

The link to "Searching for Clues" is broken, at least for me.

Huh, yeah so it was. That's odd. It should be fixed now at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Apologies for the sudden break. Things should be back to normal either this week or the next.

But even if not, there'll be at least two updates this week since I have 'em done already.

That includes right now, fortunately!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, that should be Chelton instead. Fixed now though, thanks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think as a general rule, I'll just stick to posting updates on the test-poster for the time being. Mostly been doing that anyway, but I already moved most of the previous updates there.

As always remember to thank Baldurk for making that possible!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It's a bit later than I intended, but only by like an hour or so. Getting back into the swing of things being roughly the right time might take a bit. :sweatdrop:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

1234567890num posted:

How old is Flora in the other versions, anyway? Do we ever get any official age?

Unfortunately, it's hard to say with any certainty. Very, very few characters have official ages and Flora's not one of them. She's not even referenced in any of Katrielle's stuff (but Alfendi gets a cameo!) so we can't use that to back-reference an age here.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hi, hello, hi.

Posting just to confirm that this is Not Dead Yet. Between being busy with real life things, the Final Fantasy V Fiesta and also just.. not really wanting to do anything LP related for a bit, so I just sorta haven't even bothered with it in a couple months.

No guarantees on when the next update will be, but I will at least TryTM to get it done for Monday at the latest.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 2, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Whew, knew I could manage this still.

Hopefully it lasts more than 1 update this time... :sweatdrop:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Thanks for your patience. We should now be returning to our regularly scheduled (?) program.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

mateo360 posted:

wait... is that actually Stachenscarfen's hair? I always though it was suppose to be something like a fur cap.

Yeah, that's hair. It's a lot clearer in official art, though, to be fair.

Also, update, naturally:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I dunno about anyone else, but to me it sure feels like we've been waiting a lot longer for this than it actually has been.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Cyouni posted:

This seems to be a misplaced image.

Yeah, it should've been

Fixed now though, thanks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Chinatown is a pretty lengthy stretch here, really. This is the shorter bit, but it does have so, so many puzzles...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Probably no update later today, unfortunately. Just because it's bound to end up being pretty long and I haven't had much time to work on it. Ideally be done by Thursday/Friday, though. Not saying it's impossible to be ready for today, but... I'm not counting on it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Took a tiny bit longer than I expected, but it's fine really:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Featuring Chapter 8.

Like, all of it. It's a relatively short chapter, all things considered.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Back to Chinatown we go. Again.

It probably sounds more repetitive than it is, really.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Heya, folks. I've had this pretty much completely ready since... September... I just didn't post it because, uh.. .:sweatdrop:

Better three months late than never?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Last update for the year, to round out this in-game chapter.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I suppose it's a bit weird that we haven't had a seemingly requisite "suddenly a lot of puzzles happen" update.

Well, now we have. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

An eternal friendship is great and all, but it's no eternal diva.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

If you turn a 5 upside down, it's still a 5. To make a 2, it would have to be mirrored.

...That I had to just stop and think about this for a second is probably not my finest moment.

But, yeah, the reason it worked before is because it was mirrored. Which is also why it doesn't work now. :doh:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In which we spend about half our time just pottering about doing side things, and the other half actually Getting On With It.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You like plot heavy areas?

Here's one . And it's all of chapter 11 too. :confuoot:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Quackles posted:

116: You forgot to include the instructions for this puzzle!

Oh my God, I totally did. How did that even happen...? I can't even fix that for another like 6-7 hours or so right now.

Fortunately! I can just quote the wiki for now and edit in the proper thing later:

quote:

This chart has cardinal directions written on each square. However, the top of the chart is not necessarily north.

If you appoint the correct side of the chart as north, starting from a certain square and moving in the direction each square indicates allows you to pass over all the squares on the chart.

Knowing this, can you work out which side of the map, A, B, C or D, is north?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Fortunately! I can just quote the wiki for now and edit in the proper thing later:

There we go, Proper thing edited in, and it's almost like I didn't somehow accidentally crop the top screen out. Almost. :sweatdrop:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In which the story remembers that ah yes, this is a Layton game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Y'know, while we have one massive thing answered now, there are still some conspicuous dangling threads...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The actual proper beginning of the end...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

mateo360 posted:

Oh no, Clive is going to shitpost all of London

Paul is turning into a sheep it seems

Whoops, nice catches. Thanks. Fixed 'em both now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Really not much left now, so we'll just focus on stopping Clive's insane(ly bad) plan.