Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you going out of your way to use 5g?
yes i want the latest and greatest
no gently caress you
i'll use whatever the se support
View Results

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
5g's gonna suck for freedom because cops are also going to 5g, so any situation where there's a protest or demonstration or *gasp* leftists congregating, they're going to shut down cell phone access for normies for 'public safety priority service'

and now you know why i own ham radios and am teaching people about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol are cops smart enough to have radios that hop different frequencies or could someone with a little know-how effectively jam most cop radios

(yes i know jamming is extremely illegal, ty in advance to the pedant squad for pointing this out)

current state? there's an 800mhz-2ghz frequency generator on my local craigslist for 80 bucks, and with a $50 ebay amplifier i could disable all cop radios in a ~1/4 mile radius with the flip of a switch. It's absolutely doable.

5g works at higher freqs, would require some pricier gear, still eminently possible.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my personal cell bill is $15 to $18 a month, ting owns

i just keep it for 2fa SMS and emergencies really

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what the gently caress, dude

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would even have been fine with 'hi jonny how are you? hope everything is well. i bet the last year's been really hard for you - are you and the ex still on good terms?' but no you had to be this absolute weirdo about it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Vomik posted:

not too shabby! I pay $0 a month for unlimited LTE, tho

I TOO HAVE A WORK PHONE LOL! high five, buddy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bulgakov posted:

5g, so that telcos can put an endpoint outside you house to jump the 30ft from a pole to modem indoors

so that they get to treat it as mobile internet and have even less regulation on their stranglehold services

its this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i don't ever actually get calls on it, it's just for 2fa. i leave it on silent lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
remember when a bunch of military people bought homeopathic bomb detectors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

quote:

It requires no battery or other power source; its manufacturer claimed that it is powered solely by the user's static electricity. To use the device, the operator must walk for a few moments to "charge" it before holding it at right angles to the body. After a substance-specific "programmed substance detection card" is inserted, the device is supposed to swivel in the user's hand to point its antenna in the direction of the target substance.

quote:

The cards were supposedly "programmed" or "activated" by being placed in a jar for a week along with a sample of the target substance to absorb the substance's "vapours".

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hobbesmaster posted:

if mmWave is good for anything it'll be fixed wireless finally giving cable companies some competition

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sniep posted:

the president wants 6g so why are we even working on 5g? our efforts should be on 6g

no reason to paint ourselves into a corner. lets go 7g