Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

It seems like the kind of twist Jeff might announce at the top of the show, during "mat talk" for instance. Has it been said it's gonna be a surprise?

Yep

quote:

“You’re voted out, and what you don’t know, and what nobody knows, is that you’re going to turn a corner and see a torch,” Probst told ET Canada. [...]  “And the signpost will say, ‘You have a decision to make. If you’re done playing and you want your adventure to end, keep walking. If, however, you want a chance to get back in the game, take the torch and get in the boat.’ That’s all you know.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

The lead-up to this tribal and setting this record is why Wentworth got cast again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VhGylLcT8

the real power move in this clip is abi's "you made it to the jury"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I love survivor, the television show.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/veebaamonde/status/1113645292971286528

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are Corinne and Eliza actually friends or is that team a meltdown waiting to happen

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The intersection of "reasonable dude" and "ran for office as a libertarian" is actually zero.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"In the future, I'll tell my kids when you're down and things look dark, don't give up.... someone might catch you a stingray"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this seems early for immunity? I don't usually watch live.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

I love survivor, the television show.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Not sure if Aurora is a feint or if somebody would be wise to play an idol on her.

literally who cares about saving aurora

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The nerves of steel on Wentworth and Lauren drat.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also..... nice meltdown(s)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

"two tribal councils - one epic hour"

(which seems weird? they usually have these double tribal episodes to speed through boring boots, but who knows what even is happening next time. maybe they're just getting rid of gavin/aurora?)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm skeptical that the "Natalies vs Jo(h)ns" theme will work out, but if it's what they needed to get Natalie Bolton back, I'm in.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

give 👏 Sandra 👏 two 👏 votes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

I think the pool for an all winners season is plenty deep. Those "boring winners" were interesting enough to get cast on their first season, and you don't need the entire cast to be camera hogs anyway. When he says there's not enough entertaining winners, I really think Probst is just being grumpy because he can't get Boston Rob and Parvati back.

Parv has literally said she would only come back for an all-winners season, so. No Rob means we might get Ambah~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Wardog has come off as more of a side show than a main character. He's someone you enjoy and laugh at, but not someone you actually root for. Though I guess that could just be a function of personality rather than edit.

That was also Tony, and, well.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/1118712079878447104
🙏🏻

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kelley is presumably assuming that whoever is coming back from EoE is after the idol's expiry, though idk why that would for sure be true.

Bigass Moth posted:

Yes that was incredibly stupid and nothing stops the jury from yelling it out at the next tribal except they “aren’t supposed to talk.”

They would get kicked out and lose their money, come on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dugong posted:

When was the last season you where the alliances blew up so spectacularly? We basically just have some pairs of players left, right?

I think Ron-Julie is the last alliance standing? Nobody else is really attached to anyone: Rick had David, Gavin was (inexplicably?) left out of the Kelley vote, Victoria and Aurora have been on their own, Wardog lost Lauren when he voted Kelley.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mancalamania posted:

Not only are there no real alliances left, but I'm pretty sure each of the 8 people in the game has voted on the opposite side of the vote as each of the other people left in the game which feels like some sort of record.

Huh, that's true. Everyone has voted on a different side as everyone else at least once since the merge :wow:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

just tuned in what I miss

Wardog spoke to Gavin "like a dog", "like a dog", "like a dog", or, alternatively, "like he was ten years old, and it really hurt his feelings".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Its hilarious that Reem is still here

getting that winner's edit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's with this music

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gj blowing up your own alliance last week I guess

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

vic👏🏻to👏🏻ria

The Vic/Lauren plan made perfect sense idk what y’all are on about.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

The plan to put 2 votes on Ron or whomever in case Devins had an idol is a fine plan. Adding the double vote was completely unnecessary as was bringing in Gavin except for the possibility of passing the blame.

Seriously, there were only 7 votes and 6 of them originally were planning to vote Devins while Devins isn't going to vote himself.

They only needed 2 votes on Ron to send him home. They didn't need Aurora or Gavin, but with Aurora they controlled 4 of the 8 votes on the island.

They didn’t want to blindside Gavin and isolate themselves if Rick didn’t play an idol. Getting buy-in from a majority of the tribe on the plan is smart. The double vote wasn’t strictly necessary but probably made Gavin feel special it’s fine.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lmao the season 39 gimmick is bringing back the funny “Cochran offers advice” gimmick, but permanently, with Rob and Sandra playing the Cochran role.

“Throughout the season, players will be sent to the Island of the Idols via various methods, and while there they have a chance to gain advice and advantages from the pair of past champions. Think of it as sort of like Ghost Island, except instead of being populated by cursed props of Survivor past, Boston Rob and Queen Sandra haunt the hallowed grounds.

Rob and Sandra are NOT active players within the game, meaning they are not eligible to win the prize money, and their involvement in the season will remain a secret to the cast, at least for a while. Obviously, those sent to the Island will learn of the veterans’ presence, but as far as Inside Survivor has learned, the players are encouraged to keep Rob and Sandra a secret upon returning to camp.”

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vernacular posted:

Yeah I think Vic and Lauren are in it together until F5, at which point they’ll need to take each other out.

There are six players left.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Technically 7 since someone is coming back from the edge of extinction.

Oh I didn't watch the next time on+also forgot the edge exists

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Boooo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Bloop posted:

"caught it!"

Cool challenge

:agreed:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Wow who cares

e: "julia"....?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chris reading the letter on a rock in the ocean is an Earl Helicopter moment imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

FUC KYEAH DEVENS GOOOOOOOOO LMAO thats basically final four for him, right?

I don't think we know when idols expire, but presumably we're getting something like 6, return, 6, 5, 4, so far from guaranteed. He could go out at 5.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

These people know they need to win a challenge to vote Devens out right

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I just don't understand how someone can't be a Devins fan at this point.

I mean the everyone in the game has not only been against him at some point in the game, but most of them have also been (or at least seemed to be) jerky towards him too. And his response is to tweak their noses and keep on smiling while he fights against them.

Sure, you could probably complain about the fact that he keeps finding the HIIs, but that should be more a complaint against production keeping so many HIIs in the game rather than against Devins for being the one to find them.

I like people that strategise, manage to convince people and win majorities. People who paint themselves into corners where they need idols and immunities to survive are really boring.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

That's not really his fault though. He has tried to work with people and they don't want to work with him.

:shrug:

People have come from the bottom and scrambled back up. Devens is doing something else. That's how I'm not a fan of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lol