Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
gently caress!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

gently caress!!!!

Shaa!!!

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing rumors that Silksong will be releasing very shortly.

I don't think rumours are necessary. It got ESBR rating less than two weeks ago and got a page up in Microsoft store at the same time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slay the spire 2 will come out first lol

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I really hope they just do an insta-drop with zero announcement or marketing. Just as an experiment more than anything else, let's see if we can make a totally self-marketing game, zero dollars spent on PR, ads, any of that stuff. Let's see how well the game does completely on its own through nothing but word of mouth.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The original Hollow Knight game guarantees far better and more wide-reaching publicity for the sequel than any realistic advertising campaign could achieve

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
Super Eyepatch Wolf just released a new video titles "The Bizarre World of Fake Video Games" and mentions Silksong in the first 5m :smith:

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cactus posted:

I really hope they just do an insta-drop with zero announcement or marketing. Just as an experiment more than anything else, let's see if we can make a totally self-marketing game, zero dollars spent on PR, ads, any of that stuff. Let's see how well the game does completely on its own through nothing but word of mouth.

Isn't that basically what Hollow Knight did?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
the advertising campaign will be me running around & grabbing people by the lapels going "SILKSONG! SILKSONG! SILKSONG!"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yes I suppose you could call a previous product that a company has made that was mostly universally praised as being a good product to be advertising, it would be the purest form of it there is. Using the pudding itself for proof.

But that wasn't the kind of advertising I was talking about.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
I see new posts in this thread and put on my clown makeup before even opening it

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Vaporwave poo poo shoe

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Cardamommy Issues posted:

I see new posts in this thread and put on my clown makeup before even opening it

You take it off?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Vaporwave poo poo shoe
my favorite music genre

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cactus posted:

Yes I suppose you could call a previous product that a company has made that was mostly universally praised as being a good product to be advertising, it would be the purest form of it there is. Using the pudding itself for proof.

But that wasn't the kind of advertising I was talking about.

No, I don't mean Hollow Knight as advertising for Silksong. I mean that I don't remember any real advertising push for HK when it came out. All of a sudden there was just a tremendous game available and everyone was talking about it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

guppy posted:

No, I don't mean Hollow Knight as advertising for Silksong. I mean that I don't remember any real advertising push for HK when it came out. All of a sudden there was just a tremendous game available and everyone was talking about it.

I understand. Yeah so I guess they already did that experiment, and it worked.

Which makes this approach make more sense oh my god. That's it! "We never marketed Hollow Knight and look what happened. We can't start marketing Silksong because that's not what works. What works is just making and releasing the game."

It makes so much sense now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should advertise it on WWE like Drakengard.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
My guess is that they just didn't have the money for marketing on the original. I expect there will be a little more of a push for Silksong, although frankly it barely needs it since the entire world is salivating waiting for it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I mean, Hollow Knight was a Kickstarter game, how much advertising budget do those usually get?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Do they just not know? Are they kind of social mecha illiterate and assume that their PR guy is getting across their issues in a concise and straightforward manner? Duke Nuke Forever was never on my radar so I couldn’t say for that but did the 3D realms people say anything for their durance?

I think they just don't give a poo poo. Is there a single hollow knight fan that won't play silksong whenever it comes out? Is there a single person who didn't play HK who is excited for silksong at this point?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

silksong has been refused classification in australia (drug use)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

I think they just don't give a poo poo. Is there a single hollow knight fan that won't play silksong whenever it comes out? Is there a single person who didn't play HK who is excited for silksong at this point?

i won't, as a protest

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I will only play silksong if they delay for at least another year

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The way to prevent a game sucking forever is to never ship it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

prepare your clown makeup

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1779881545903558937

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

silksong has been refused classification in australia (drug use)

????????
No sex?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/wario64/status/1779888303602594190?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

quote:

From Good Smile Company. Embark on a thrilling adventure through the haunted kingdom of Hollow Knight: Silksong with the Nendoroid of Hornet! This Nendoroid features optional parts such as a cloak, a needle, and attacking effect parts, allowing you to recreate dynamic combat scenes. The set also includes the charming Cogfly companion, adding an extra touch of personality to your display. With a variety of optional parts for different poses, you can capture Hornet's agility and grace as she explores the mysterious world of Silksong. Prepare to immerse yourself in the haunting beauty of this game with the Hornet Nendoroid by your side!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

...Cogfly?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Alxprit posted:

...Cogfly?

This little guy:

It's shown up in some of the previews / screenshots

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's happening

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this only happens when you submit a completed game, right?

right???

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
the circus is in town again

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
hell yeah here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gone.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

repiv posted:

prepare your clown makeup

I never took it off

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is it. This time for reals.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ya’ll gonna make me post that gif, up in here, up in here.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

PIZZA.BAT posted:

this only happens when you submit a completed game, right?

right???

I think it has to be feature complete but it could still need testing etc

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

She looks so good as a nendo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

itshappening.gif