Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Crossposted celebratory art for the game, in case this thread takes off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I really hope they don't go overboard with the difficulty like they did in the updates. Having an ending of the game locked behind a 30+ boss-rush with no checkpoints soured me on the whole experience.

I also really hope that that ending isn't necessary to understand Silksong.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I doubt that it was hopeless to think that it might have been featured.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't get it, bugs don't wear shoes

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

At least it's my birthday.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hell yeah get it

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

I just used the dream nail on Marissa.

:ohdear:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol I did the alternate ending to Grimm troupe and it auto saved. Oh no, now I have to play the game all over again if I want to get another crack at NKG. What a shame and how dreadful. What ever shall I do...

You can always fight him in Godhome :3:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I spent like two days repeating the fight until I beat it. It's rough but you do feel incredible when you pull it off.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm not going to believe that this, the first Indie World I can't fully watch live, is going to be the one with Silksong

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I had a feeling. I wanted it to be real but I guess Among Us on more consoles is cool

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

honestly when someone told me about the retweet I was like "that doesn't mean anything I won't let it mean anything" and hey, turns out it didn't, and this has happened before even with big name nintendo directs

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

What if it makes me feel good to have?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Zerilan posted:

Silksong is just what happens when you play Hunting Horn in MH: Rise :v:

:hai:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

And before that, the "viral" campaign with the art of some new characters. That was pretty fun, actually, but now I've forgotten all of the things that happened back then.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I would also like a status update, even if it's just something as simple as "everything's going well" or "everything's not going so well". As an anxious person, being able to plan for things like release dates of games really helps me keep my life on track a bit more.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'll take it I guess

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'll believe it when I see it! Agh!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

They're not going to say it's available on other platforms more than likely on their own showcase. It still said PC so there's that, and it might still be out on Switch, it's just too early to say for real.

I'm sad about no release date but it did look so pretty and only increased my longing even more... I just hope that when it does come out I'm not knee deep in some other giant game.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Silksonk

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ten dollars seems like a good deal to me, considering the 150 dollar Pokemon figurine I saw yesterday

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bogart posted:

Oh sure, I have some dweeb poo poo around too. This is a dead internet forum, there's weirder poo poo out there than having a little Jack Frost figure.

Let's see this fig.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bleck posted:

I also bought the minifigs set but when it arrived Hornet's head was already snapped off. Fingers crossed that customer service replaces it for me.

This breaks my heart. But it's also like, a metaphor for silksong or something.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Cactus posted:

No matter how much you post in here, you're never going to get Hornet's needle to touch your record.

:negative:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Another year, another inability to date Hornet

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'd be remiss if I didn't crosspost this here from a discord server I am in comparing Hollow Knight disfavorably to Metroid Dread.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

even if silksong never happens I think I'm suddenly satisfied

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I gave up on getting Death's Door's secret ending even though I initially wanted to because I kinda just like. Felt like it would make me hate the game when I already liked it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I personally remapped Xbox buttons on my Series S to be identical to Nintendo and just have to train my brain to ignore what they say. Though I haven't actually played a game on it yet. I don't know if Gamepass on PC is different. On PC I use a wired third party Switch controller, and I often have to make tweaks on a per-game basis on Steam at least, especially when going between PC and Steam Deck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If it's a 2D game, keyboard is usually sufficient. I mean, just think of games like Jazz Jackrabbit back in the day, which were made for that kind of control scheme. I prefer a controller for 3D games though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

once we hit July it's back to being unreasonably expectant.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I liked that Hollow Knight was super long for games of its ilk, it made the joy of discovering new areas and content last for so much longer. Cannot wait for their next game to be even bigger

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

you have time

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

TotK easy game of the year if Silksong never releases

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If it were much harder it would be supremely unfair coming off the tail end of the long trial beforehand. They're definitely not much when fought in a vacuum but you gotta take that into consideration.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

TotK is the exact opposite of rushed...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

https://x.com/wario64/status/1705604641021624613?s=46&t=UxDJMPLNGFeJKzstV625Ng

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Yeah no the DD sound is the perfect opposite. Hype.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I gotta play that game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That's right - in imminent peril!