Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ColdPie posted:

Bapanada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ColdPie posted:

Bapanada

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
In honor of bapanada I loaded up a fresh file and played through to the first Hornet fight. Like a comfy sweater.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Fedule posted:

No guys I'm sure it's gonna show up in Sony's Nintendo Direct on Thursday, they said there'd be some 3rd party stuff, that's basically confirmation

Preemptive: Bapanada.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Sway Grunt posted:

Spotted this today... it's getting desperate out there friends.

Shaaa!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Sigh.

Bapanada

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Alxprit posted:

I'd be remiss if I didn't crosspost this here from a discord server I am in comparing Hollow Knight disfavorably to Metroid Dread.

Most of the knight's abilities are optional or non-combat related, which both limits the design space of the combat and makes bosses a little more dull because of it.
That being said, I feel like HK's combat feels better moment-to-moment in boss encounters, but I think this might also be because a few of Dread's bosses suffer from most of the difficulty being in finding "the trick" and then applying a relatively "odd" movement in conjunction with the "normal" shoot 'em up.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

🤡

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Invalid Validation posted:

Second Ori is a direct ripoff of Hollow Knight. I enjoyed it much more than the first.

I liked the first one better because it was more it’s own thing

And the story wasn’t quite as far up its own rear end.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I liked both Ori games, I just thought the Will of the Wisps story had more than a couple beats where it felt like the plot was sledgehammering me with stuff that was attempting to be like a Pixar movie rug pull.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Koburn posted:

I'm surprised anyone could get so involved in such a bland story.

I think that’s why I hated the “ISNT THIS SAD” moments more. It wouldn’t have called as much attention to the rest.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

lol, ublock origin marks this as a google ad.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ActingPower posted:

I just want Silksong to come out so that it can outclass Tears of the Kingdom in every possible way and I can stop hearing people talk about how great it is.

No, I'm not bitter I don't have TotK yet, where did you get that idea?

TotK is a lot of fun, but definitely a very flawed masterpiece.

Unlike Silksong, it was actually released.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not a masterpiece. Not even close. It can't be with how many flaws it has. Some are easily correctable in a patch, others are bad mechanics that are held over from the first game.

The best part of TotK is the stuff that is outside of the game itself. Building stuff is great. 10/10. The rest of the game is middling and almost as bad as BotW in terms of Zelda games.

I was being tactful. People get really defensive about their zeldas.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PantsBandit posted:

Why are we still here? Just to bapanada?

I have no Silksong and I must bapanada.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

SA needs achievements.

1st probe (10th, 100th)
plat account
mod sass
1st ban
self-ban
other persons av
added others to your ignore list
get added to someones ignore list

I’m sure there are no problems with this idea, and it could not be used for evil in a way that is immediately obvious in hindsight.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

... what is the opposite of Bapanada? I feel we should get this sorted out pretty soon.

potumus geo!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

Silksong is now going to be a GaaS looter shooter.

Introductory offer! Just $9.99 gets you 25 27 wanderer’s journals!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
New :tinfoil: conspiracy: Everyone at team cherry has severe adhd and they’ve managed to enter a collective hyperfocus due to the adderall shortage. This, coupled with time blindness means Team Cherry doesn’t realize that it’s almost 2024

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

morestuff posted:

If I’m making a game built around the thrill of discovery I’d definitely tweet zillions of prerelease screenshots and teases
Goddamn it, this nearly got me.

Respect.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Electromax posted:

Every time a tester manages to beat the new boss rush challenge palace, enraged devs delay to add another boss to the game.

Iselda fight confirmed?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PantsBandit posted:

Hope is the bastion of fools. I'm sweating profusely for unrelated reasons.

Precept Forty-One: 'Learn to Detect Lies'.

When others speak, they usually lie. Scrutinise and question them relentlessly until they reveal their deceit.

Precept Fifty-Six: 'Do Not Dream'.

Dreams are dangerous things. Strange ideas, not your own, can worm their way into your mind. But if you resist those ideas, sickness will wrack your body! Best not to dream at all, like me

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Soricidus posted:

My one comfort in these dark times is the knowledge that Kissinger died without ever having the chance to play Silksong

hell yeah

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Cartoon Man posted:

She’s the daughter of the King and Queen of Hallownest.

https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Hornet

don't loving link the trash wiki https://hollowknight.wiki/w/Hornet

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Cartoon Man posted:

The 58th precept.

While we're on the subject, I've been using https://getindie.wiki/ and it's been a godsend for not ending up on fandom when I'm in the mood to check out some lore.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

goblin week posted:

spoiler: there is a satan and a hitler in the computer.

This time the twist is that you really get to sympathize with the devil's backstory.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
The fever of madness still burns hot in the blood of the people.

https://x.com/mossbag69/status/1735033095441592694?s=20

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

What is this thread?

Bapanada.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

runaway dog posted:

I thought this was a rom hack of HK for the first 30 seconds of that trailer, I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not that they were able to copy the art style of HK to such an uncanny degree.

The character animation looks pretty rough. Pass

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

WaltherFeng posted:

I started playing Hollow Knight for the first time and it's pretty great but lack of checkpoints and losing your Geo is pretty annoying even for someone who has played pretty much all the Souls games.

Is there a trick to finding those dream flowers to collect Essence? I have the worst memory and I have no idea where to look

Sigh... bapanada.

Seriously, talk to Iselda

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
There was just something about HK's pogo where you didn't need it until late game, and this caused me to have that wonderful moment of "oh, the devs knew all along!"...

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Waltzing Along posted:

I just find it too finicky. It's super easy to screw up. I think it would be better if it was a single input rather than two at the same time.

Longnail user spotted.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Balache404 posted:

edit: i need to read dates nvm

In case anyone was wondering, they got got by this

https://x.com/TeamCherryGames/status/1094873855464599552?s=20

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

GhastlyBizness posted:

The i’s in Triple-I stand for ‘insects’, as there will be a minimum of 3 insects in Silksong

Doubt

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing rumors that Silksong will be releasing very shortly.

One year per playable hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looking forward to this week.

Famous clown Pagliacci will be performing!