Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I holding off on my rewatch of Season 5 so I can fully watch it in order. But it is a rollercoaster ride for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

I holding off on my rewatch of Season 5 so I can fully watch it in order. But it is a rollercoaster ride for sure.

Apparently the full season will be out in English around late August.

There is another episode coming but it’s seemingly just a non canon PSA (plus a few upcoming specials as well)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought the last batch was due in a week lol rip. Ah well

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I thought the last batch was due in a week lol rip. Ah well

Nope, August 26th:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1676806750438309888

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Larryb posted:

There is another episode coming but it’s seemingly just a non canon PSA (plus a few upcoming specials as well)

Bullying or Vaping? I look forward to Ladybug taking down the Cloud and his Honey and Grapefruit blend.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Bullying or Vaping? I look forward to Ladybug taking down the Cloud and his Honey and Grapefruit blend.

Plastic waste pollution/recycling apparently:

https://miraculousladybug.fandom.com/wiki/Action

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 31, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another weird thing about the movie is that Marinette never uses her Lucky Charm for anything besides swinging around Paris and instead of fixing everything all at once with a Miraculous Ladybug she instead for some reason shoots literal magic from her hands Fantasia style to repair the city at the end

Anyway, with the fifth season coming to a close in the US later this month I was thinking of doing a full chronological rewatch at some point (with the Origin two parter at the start where it belongs), what site has the most accurate episode guides in that regard and what are the best points two watch the two Miraculous World specials seeing as the end of Season 5 officially canonizes them? I assume the Miraculous wiki but I’m not 100% sure how accurate those guides are

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 1, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kwami's choice part 1. This is that good poo poo. Romance is off the charts good, the weight of responsibility excellent, and Alliance is the best power up Gabriel has ever gotten. Transferring Kwamis is neat and all, but controlling social media and having all the personal data in his hands is loving great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Considering we’ve now gone past the creator’s original plan for the show I’ll be very curious to see what Season 6 onward brings now that (finale spoilers below):

-Gabe is dead and Emily is alive again (which seems to be literally the only thing that changed following the former’s wish)

-Marinette and Adrien are a couple now but (presumably) still don’t know about each other’s hero identities

-All of the Miraculous now have permanent holders and Felix has officially joined the good guys

-Chloe has effectively been declawed and shipped off to England (she might pop up in the London special assuming that’s still happening but otherwise we’re probably done with her barring some unforeseen circumstances)

-Lila/Cerise/Whoever the hell she is is now in possession of the Butterfly Miraculous and may or may not be the new big bad of the series (there was that flash of light at the end of S5 that seemed to freak her out). I’m also curious what she’s planning by reenrolling back in school where people would probably recognize her eventually

-Speaking of the above, I hope future seasons also start giving us some answers in regards to who or what “Lila Rossi” actually is (I assume she’s a con artist of some kind who may not even be a teenager but she also seemed to be immune to Gabe’s nightmare spell)

I’m also curious just how long they plan to milk this series for since we’re already up to 8 confirmed seasons, a couple more specials, and a confirmed sequel (or sequels) to the film as well as a potential live action movie

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 3, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

loving Christ. Up to episode 16. Holy poo poo.

I think the biggest thing is still "teehee why is Marinette so whacky? ....oh, just real rear end PTSD"

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 5, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The English release of the Season 5 finale has been delayed until September with the non canon PSA special dropping the following week:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1689404824247480320

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Just watched Confrontation, that was... nuts.
Lila has OTHER identities? I mean, I guess it makes sense she has three moms but man that was kind of out of left field. And Chloe finally getting her comeuppance. And the Principal getting fired (guessing he just becomes the principal at their new school they all just conveniently end up at together). The magical charm working to purify the akuma on its own. poo poo's getting weird, yo.
But good on Sabrina for finally growing a spine.

Collusion
They are just pulling out all the stops, holy poo poo. Firing Miss Bustier and expelling Marinette, the mayor resigning, Chloe declaring herself mayor with police robots and declaring all supers hero or villain outlawed... poo poo is going nuts. And everyone's just letting the mayor's underage daughter just... stage a coup of one of the largest cities in Europe because...? More of the backstory of Andre and Gabriel as poor artist roomies and we hear Emilie's voice for the first time, I think? And find out that he just helped Gabriel so he could get his help with Audrey... man the facts are dropping fast and furious. The video from Emilie about how Gabe needs to quit trying to save her and just take care of Adrien, ouch.

Revolution
Wow, okay. They've just pulled out all the stops and left all the fucks like three episodes back, apparently. Cat Noir and Ladybug figuring out how to resist post-miraculous transformation just like adults and being able to use their power at will as many times as they want is quite the eye opener. Adrien's still under Gabe's thumb and can't say no to him. That kiss was epic, though, gotta admit. Lila's playing everyone like a fiddle, obviously being set up as the next big bad. God drat she's like psychopathic. Is she going to blow up Gabe's house? Where's Felix in all this?

This poo poo is WILD. Only three more eps! (no I don't count the PSA).

Oracle fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 13, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

Just watched Confrontation, that was... nuts.
Lila has OTHER identities? I mean, I guess it makes sense she has three moms but man that was out of left field. And Chloe finally getting her comeuppance. And the Principal getting fired (guessing he just becomes the principal at their new school they all just conveniently end up at together). The magical charm working to purify the akuma on its own. poo poo's getting weird, yo.

But good on Sabrina for finally growing a spine.

"And what happened next? Why in Paris they say, Sabrina's small spine grew three sizes that day"

But yeah, I think there was some character info on her a while back (maybe via a card or something) implying that "Lila Rossi" wasn't her real name. Hell, I'm still not even sure about her "Cerise" persona and I'll tell you right now we don't get any answers regarding that/her this season.

Aside from basically being evil incarnate Lila's kind of been a huge question mark since her first appearance and S5 only raises further concerns (for example, is she even a teenager? Because if not her whole thing with Adrien early on just got way creepier)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 12, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, here’s some deleted scenes from the movie:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gsIS7dSg1Rk

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sx0UwyMbxUc

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Larryb posted:

"And what happened next? Why in Paris they say, Sabrina's small spine grew three sizes that day"

But yeah, I think there was some character info on her a while back (maybe via a card or something) implying that "Lila Rossi" wasn't her real name. Hell, I'm still not even sure about her "Cerise" persona and I'll tell you right now we don't get any answers regarding that/her this season.

Aside from basically being evil incarnate Lila's kind of been a huge question mark since her first appearance and S5 only raises further concerns (for example, is she even a teenager? Because if not her whole thing with Adrien early on just got way creepier)

At this point my best guess is Lila is some kind of

Ancient Sentimonster from Miraculous bullshit who knows how long ago. She’s a hugely outside context character so I am expecting some kind of swerve of that nature

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, it just seems like there’s a bit more to Lila than just being a simple con artist (there’s been a few instances where she’s at least appeared to have been straight up immune to Gabriel’s powers). I’m assuming Season 6 onwards will finally start digging into the real truth behind her

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Representation
Holy poo poo. So Adrian isn't a sentimonster but Felix and Kagame are? (and Felix's dad supplied Gabriel with the Gorilla in exchange for his help, that was... something unexpected).

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Adrian has to do what the ring tells him as well. I think maybe Felix only has half the story, and Adrien IS a sentimonster also, Felix just doesn't know it (or does and he's lying to Marinette and Kagame about it).

Emilie and Gabriel figured out how to use the peacock miraculous to make Adrian (with Tsurugi's help?), then offered it to Emilie's sister's husband to do the same.
Though to me that doesn't ring true either. Why offer it to Amalie's husband and not Amalie?

Though he does fall sick and die after Felix's creation, just like Emilie. Which to me says its more Emilie's idea and not Gabriel's to try it in the first place. Emilie realized her illness was because she was the one who used the broken peacock, so instead of offering it to her sister, had Gabriel offer it to her jerkoff husband instead so her sister wouldn't face the same fate but could still have a child. (poo poo, is that why Tsurugi's blind? Did she lose her sight by creating Kagame?)

God drat this is some heavy poo poo for a kid's show.

And Amelie knows all about Gabriel now, presumably, from what we saw in Emotion. I wonder if Felix does know about Adrien and isn't telling because he doesn't know how Marinette would feel if she knew Adrien wasn't real, and doesn't want to risk her not helping him. I can't help but feel he does, though I don't know that he would have given the ring back to Gabriel if he knew that was what was controlling him. He's got to suspect though, given his obsession with them and knowing his dad controlled him with one, and given his reaction to Kagami's in Emotion.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Representation

(space for people who want to put together the clues shown on-screen so far together out on their own)

Peacock feathers appeared behind Amelie when she was pregnant, and they showed Kagami-as-Felix's dad's face appearing in a dark void while giving him instructions the exact same way they did for Adrian in the previous episode.

I'm guessing that Kagame was created by the Peakcock Miraculous, too, because Felix was acting like it was more than that her mother was controlling. He also talked about switching out her ring at the end of "Pretension" and says "The rules of your family no longer have to be created by your ancestors. From now on, they're yours to make." Maybe a Tsurugi ancestor was a previous holder of the Peacock miraculous before Master Fu lost it, and the Tsurugis had a practice of using the rings to control their offspring until they were conditioned enough to act like their parents without them and become ring holders for their own offspring.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 20, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Promo image for the upcoming PSA special:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also we’ve now got a release window for Season 6 and the new Miraculous World special:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1694468696205668724

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Confirmation (The Final Day Part 1)

gently caress is Natalie dead?? She was seriously going to shank Gabriel! Bastard deserved it too.

Quantum what now? C'mon man. You might as well have gotten their DNA off you.

And Ladybugnoir is totally going to end up making a wish and undoing everything, isn't she. GAAAH.

Stupid cliffhanger.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Ok finally saw Final Day Part II and uh... poo poo.

That was completely unexpected and I am very glad I remained mostly unspoiled (stupid wikipedia article mentioning Adrien was the son of the deceased Gabriel Agreste). How it happened though was... not at all what I thought would happen.

Marinette was a complete yutz at the end there to trust him, but her words apparently had some effect given he decided to sacrifice himself for his wife (and Natalie, she was sitting next to Emilie at the end there, was she not?) Which makes me wonder who the other person was who was sacrificed so Natalie could live? Or was it because that part was selfless on Gabriel's part that it was thrown in as a freebie?

Also how the hell did they explain 'oh hey look your mom's back' to Adrien? They blame everything on Monarch/Hawkmoth? You'd think Adrien would want details of his dad's heroic death, the press definitely would, I mean they made him a big gaudyass statue.

And what is up with Lila? She's definitely not just another high schooler. And what was that lightning at the end? A time traveler from the future? Have we seen any lightning powers other than Weather Girl? Also poor Nooroo. She's going to be the next broken miraculous isn't she, out of the frying pan into the fire.

I found the last 'secret' kwami of reality interesting. The whole last episode was just kind of out there and way, way above your average Y7 rated show. Gabriel won, but not in a way anyone would've expected.

And if Marinette doesn't have trust issues by now, SHE drat WELL SHOULD. Curious what's going to happen when Adrien finds out what really happened to his dad. poo poo Lila is totally going to be the one that tells him both that and that Marinette is Ladybug, because she knows, right? She was there for the whole entire last bit while she fetched the butterfly miraculous, right? And she has all the pages of the journal.

Alright now I'm both looking forward to and dreading S6 since is Astruc no longer writing. He could be maddening but man he had some pretty cool ideas and could execute them well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, "who/what the hell is Lila" is one of the major things I'd like the show to address going forward (she seems to be more than just a simple con artist and near as we can tell was unaffected by Gabe's nightmare spell) along with what if anything she actually wants aside from sowing chaos. Though whether or not she'll indeed be the future Hawkmoth Time Tagger spoke of remains to be seen (she seemed genuinely afraid of whatever that lightshow at the end was).

Poor Nooroo though, it seems like he's forever doomed to be wielded solely by twisted assholes

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 5, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Yeah, "who/what the hell is Lila" is one of the major things I'd like the show to address going forward (she seems to be more than just a simple con artist and near as we can tell was unaffected by Gabe's nightmare spell) along with what if anything she actually wants aside from sowing chaos. Though whether or not she'll indeed be the future Hawkmoth Time Tagger spoke of remains to be seen (she seemed genuinely afraid of whatever that lightshow at the end was).

Poor Nooroo though, it seems like he's forever doomed to be wielded solely by twisted assholes

I’m pretty sure she was unaffected by Gabriel’s nightmare spell because she took off the alliance ring before all that started up, being privy to his plan and all after hacking his freaking house and getting Natalie to spill all his tea.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

I’m pretty sure she was unaffected by Gabriel’s nightmare spell because she took off the alliance ring before all that started up, being privy to his plan and all after hacking his freaking house and getting Natalie to spill all his tea.

Oh yeah, forgot about that (and that’s not the first time she’s proven to be smarter than Gabriel).

I’m also curious how they plan to raise the stakes going forward when Paris now has a small army of superheroes defending it

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Oracle posted:

If that were true Marinette and Adrien would have also been immune since they don't wear Alliance rings.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

She could be Amelie instead of Emelie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Someone a few posts up theorized that Lila/Cerise/Whoever is actually an old sentimonster that managed to escape from their master’s control. It would explain a few things at least.

Considering her reaction to the flash of light at the end I’m still curious if she’s going to be our new big bad or merely a servant to them (she’s basically evil incarnate so I can’t see redemption being on the table at this point). I’m also curious how her infiltrating the school again is going to work as you’d think somebody would recognize her eventually

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 5, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Someone a few posts up theorized that Lila/Cerise/Whoever is actually an old sentimonster that managed to escape from their master’s control. It would explain a few things at least.

Considering her reaction to the flash of light at the end I’m still curious if she’s going to be our new big bad or merely a servant to them (she’s basically evil incarnate so I can’t see redemption being on the table at this point). I’m also curious how her infiltrating the school again is going to work as you’d think somebody would recognize her eventually

Yeah her voice has a very distinct unctuousness that is pretty unmistakable. That said, I could see Tomoe being the one behind the lightning as she was Gabriel's partner in crime and doesn't strike me as one to bow out so easily, especially to some snotnosed brat her daughter's age. Her being a sentimonster might keep Felix in a kind of double agent role as well if he finds out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If Lila’s gonna be the new big bad I feel like she needs a sidekick of some kind (or maybe have her gimmick be her constantly swapping personas to suit her needs/throw people off her trail or something)

Also, do we know when the rest of Season 5 is going to be on D+ (Now apparently requires a cable subscription)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 5, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

If Lila’s gonna be the new big bad I feel like she needs a sidekick of some kind (or maybe have her gimmick be her constantly swapping personas to suit her needs/throw people off her trail or something)

Also, do we know when the rest of Season 5 is going to be on D+ (Now apparently requires a cable subscription)?

Looks like all but the last 7 are up already. The last 7 will be up Sept 13 (in the US).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

Looks like all but the last 7 are up already. The last 7 will be up Sept 13 (in the US).

Yeah, last I checked they had up to Revelation but was just curious about the rest

I believe the non canon PSA special “Action” comes out the same day

Sort of curious if D+ will eventually get the movie as well or if it’ll remain in Netflix jail

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 5, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Yeah, last I checked they had up to Revelation but was just curious about the rest

I believe the non canon PSA special “Action” comes out the same day

Sort of curious if D+ will eventually get the movie as well or if it’ll remain in Netflix jail

That probably all depends on the contact.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

That probably all depends on the contact.

I forget, is there a reason the movie went to Netflix in the first place? I assumed Ladybug was pretty much Disney exclusive in the US now

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

I forget, is there a reason the movie went to Netflix in the first place? I assumed Ladybug was pretty much Disney exclusive in the US now

Now, sure. Back in 2018 when the movie was first announced, or 2021 when it was supposed to be released... not so much. (Disney didn't start acquiring rights until 2019/2020).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

Now, sure. Back in 2018 when the movie was first announced, or 2021 when it was supposed to be released... not so much. (Disney didn't start acquiring rights until 2019/2020).

Ah ok, I only watched/caught up with the series for the first time last year (I do know it was a Netflix series before Disney bought it though)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I got into this show near the start of the year because a friend recommended it and as someone who is psychotically compelled to watch all superhero media so I gave it a shot and did not care for it much at all. But I found it somehow strangely captivating so it became great "watch it while I'm ironing my laundry" fare. And after waiting and waiting for something to really happen after so many seasons I was getting really into this season mainly because I kept trying to guess how they were gonna yank everything back to status quo so they could drag it out longer.

Anyway this is a long build up to saying I was staring like bug-eyed at the screen at the finale, yeah at the parts you're supposed to be amazed at, but mainly every time the screen cut to Lila Cerise doing something. Like, loving really? The antagonist of 5 seasons is toast and now it looks like the big villain of perhaps the whole series is gonna be a teen (possibly? who knows) girl whose primary motivation, unless I missed something, is that she wanted to get with Adrien until Ladybug hosed that all up? I mean, a change up is fine, I grew up watching Power Rangers, I'm fine when a new villain comes in to fight the heroes but like... drat, this is our Lord Zedd?

So much of this feels like a series finale with Paris becoming some miraculous :rimshot: city of the future now with net zero emissions in mere months and fine sure whatever. And I don't know if I'm just becoming an old man yelling at clouds, but Bustier's new school sounds like a terrible idea. But like, literally everybody's achieved their end goal but I guess the deals for more episodes were already signed so I guess it's time for an army of teen superheroes (with basically no emotional hangups since everybody's love stories are resolved!) to struggle against Hawk Moth 1.0 again but also a teen spy I guess?

Oh one last thing, watching all the NYC superheroes show up and just clean house with all the randos wearing Alliance rings was honestly the best (unintentional) joke the whole show's ever made. Like "Oh yeah Superman Majestia lives in this world, this whole threat with an easily identifiable weakness (the rings) is practically a joke to her, isn't it?"

Oh and since I guess this is my first post in this thread I just want to bitch about how I hate Ladybug's outfit. The default one I mean, the one she gets when she starts giving out charms later is worlds better and I don't know why they didn't just make that the new default. But like, every other look Marinette gets is better, from all the power-ups, to the unifications, to even her using different Miraculouses entirely, they all look better imo.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nah, a lot of people have shared that opinion about the school. Kids need to learn things that do not relate to their future careers and have their progress tracked via grading, out of practicality for every day life (e.g. math as it relates to exponential growth and interest payments), and because they will be future voters who need to know how to read and write at a suitable level while knowing their history. I saw someone call them Sudsbury schools and say that unlike Montessori schools, that they'd been disproven by evidence, but I'm not going to go look for it. It feels like a New Age liberal analog of right-wing libertarian beliefs that kids should only learn STEM and finance. Also, I don't think they're not doing all that to Paris in all of three months, I mean wouldn't they need to build infrastructure projects that might take years before banning cars, and I've very seldom heard anyone mention banning cars when there could be electric vehicles on a carbon-free grid.

Yeah, I'm with you on Lila as the new villain. Right after they had Gabriel say that Tsurugi's company improved the security for his house for the party in "Emotion", they have Lila manage to get through the tech company security using a stolen laptop that I don't really believe Gabriel would've left behind, even in a crowd panic. Also, Gabriel didn't have to write down all of the passwords, loosely including ones like where to touch the painting to open the secret passage, and could've kept even one password for one layer of protection only in his head. I guess Lila just teleported in with some scuba diving equipment and managed to avoid Ladybug's sight all that time they were in the same room. It was also really convenient that the Butterfly Miraculous tipped over the edge into the lake. It felt copy-and-pasted from the much better-implemented scene where the Bee Miraculous gets knocked out of Ladybug's hand as she's presenting it to Alya, resulting in Chloe obtaining it. In that case, they had good reasons for Marinette not to be able to have time to get it back before Chloe found it.

The final fight was the only one in the series where I was second-guessing the logistics. Ladybug wins because there happens to be a boomerang-shaped piece of rubble by Emelie's glass container, so she can put glue on her yo-yo and make Monarch's rings stick to it. Realistically, it wouldn't have gotten all five rings on Monarch's fist in one go, but I can see how it could've been used multiple times. Maybe Marinette could've also put glue on the end of the Noir staff, then she could've expanded it at the Butterfly Miraculous instead of throwing it. If it's like a bendy polevault pole when it expands over a long distance, it would've been harder to aim.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 7, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wasn’t really a fan of Adrien getting left out of the final battle either and thought the movie handled things a bit better.

As for Lila, we still don’t really know who or what she is (even Cerise might just be yet another alias) or what she’s after but I feel like she needs a sidekick or something to be an effective major villain. Though there was that blue light show at the end that legitimately scared her so something tells me she won’t be alone at least

I’m also curious how they’re going to raise the stakes next season considering Paris now has an entire army of superheroes defending it. Tomoe was Gabe’s partner in crime so I’m not entirely sure she’s done yet either (especially since her daughter/sentimonster has now rebelled against her)

I’m also curious how much longer they’re going to milk this series for (at least 3 more seasons have been confirmed counting the upcoming one along with a bunch more specials/movies)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Larryb posted:

I wasn’t really a fan of Adrien getting left out of the final battle either and thought the movie handled things a bit better.

This is my biggest problem with the finale, yeah. Adrien not being there and never finding out his dad was Hawkmoth/Shadow Moth/Monarch this whole time really feels like squandering one of the core conceits of the show to this date, to the point where I wonder what the point of making his father the villain was if he never finds out except in alternate timelines.

Relatedly, so much of the last few episodes of the season had to do with sentimonsters and the Peacock Miraculous and all of the backstory there, and yet none of that figured into the finale in any way. Now that Gabriel's dead, it doesn't seem like it could even really be relevant, especially since Adrien has his ring and Felix has the Peacock.

Speaking of, seeing Argos in the team shots is so jarring because the other Miraculous powers include "paralyse someone", "retrieve an object" and "give someone a nice present". And then there's Argos, who can vaporise the entire population of the earth, or do absolutely anything else he wants to.