Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat this game is gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love watching people play creative mario maker levels

carl sagan and a bunch of people make levels for GDQ mario maker races, I think he raced on this one so he probably didn't do these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8L2uYuRW4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

multijoe posted:

The one I've had cooking up in my head is a snowy night level that transitions from a verticle mountain climb into a horizontal 'skiing' course using downwards slopes.

that sounds really fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Argue posted:

Here's Arino loving around with Mario Maker 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX8ji-GT1PI

hell yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah, turns out, most people should not be game designers

lots of good levels tho too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he's also currently showing it off on stream

https://www.twitch.tv/pangaeapanga

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man this game is gonna own

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have not been this excited for a game in a long time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
random doors that just drop you to your death, places meant to softlock you, and enemy spam are all getting auto boo / skipped by me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
rooting for feeney and yellowkillerbee

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it owns, actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

Confirmed you get to see the special goals when the level is loading so no big gently caress yous at the end of levels like that.

good poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im psyched for this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man nintendo owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sharrrk posted:

carlsagan42 is great, he's a great combination of knowing a lot about the game and actually being good at it and also still being completely susceptible to falling for the dumbest tricks, also he isn't a terrible person like a lot of streamers. he puts together great levels and now romhacks of his own as well

Yeah, he is a genuinely positive person. I'm more drawn to carl and dragonfeeney than people like Dode/Grandpoobear for that reason. Dode/Grandpoobear are good to watch but they sometimes get super salty and take it out on chat (who probably do deserve it, but still).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I promise not to shill my stream, but I have decided im gonna start streaming myself playing goon made levels, so that level jam thing sounds amazing

eonwe fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 22, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

What? No. Shill your stream. If you PM me stream details I'll add them to the next threads OP. A bunch of people are going to want to watch streams.

oh nice okay. I just think it would be fun to play games and have people watch, and even moreso, have them watch me play the levels they made, but I've seen some people be kinda overzealous promoting themselves

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RodShaft posted:

I was working on a level and when I went to make dinner my son deleted it. He felt bad so he tried to remake it. It was super sweet and it turns out his beginning was more fun than mine. So he and I finished it together and uploaded it. If people could play it it would just make his day to see the numbers go up.

16D8-0000-03ED-E964

We've been working on "treating the player fairly" which led to respawning the flower and Yoshi at the beginning. Although doors to reset might have been better since it's possible(but not easy) to softlock.

you're a good dad, and if my wii u still worked id absolutely play it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mario maker soon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krnvyYrCfEs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo thats awesome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Feeney is great to watch because she is so positive. A lot of the other mario runners I watch are nice enough people, but they get super salty, which I find tiring

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm no not really

as far as twitch personalities go she is pretty normal an not exaggerated

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some people enjoy talking with streamers and it gives it a more personal feel, different strokes i guess

most of the streamers I watch, I prefer seeing them via webcam

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Syun is also good, but he'll beat his head against a terrible level forever which can be kinda boring

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just tell youtube I'm not interested in the channels of people who do that, with the exception of a few people like CarlSagan

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

Is it possible to embed video with a time stamp?

I'm just trying to shore up my OP for the next thread.

yep, it works just fine I believe, just paste the link with the timestamp on it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope Nintendo patches out any further exploits that people try to make Kaizo nonsense with.

i also hate when people enjoy things i do not

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man why does it have to be out in australia already but not here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cheesetriangles posted:

Always assume Nintendo will make the worst possible choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
give it just a few