Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it owns, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Confirmed you get to see the special goals when the level is loading so no big gently caress yous at the end of levels like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

Confirmed you get to see the special goals when the level is loading so no big gently caress yous at the end of levels like that.

good poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, I wasn't hype before, but now I'm incredibly stoked

this game looks loving amazing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im psyched for this

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

These levels are really well designed. Not a single kaizo block in sight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man nintendo owns

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

eonwe posted:

man nintendo owns

:yeah:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It got better just watching the first minute of someone failing to jump across a small gap was infuriating. I liked the levels

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game is going to be so fun. I can tell I’m going to be playing it with regularly until 3 drops.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sam Faust posted:

Did anybody find out what the deal is with the blinking p-switches/POW blocks?

I think they vanish after a certain amount of time. But there was no evidence at the invitational because they used them up too quickly. No, the glowing P-Switch at the start was out for like 30 seconds and nothing weird happened. I think it's just a visual effect that's natural to ghost house.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 8, 2019

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

So that co-op level would have been unbeatable solo. Can we infer that you can have two players run a level for the upload, or do you think they just did this for the invitational? I know I'm not looking forward to the inevitable levels that let you get to the end only to find out that you needed a partner the whole time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

J-Spot posted:

So that co-op level would have been unbeatable solo. Can we infer that you can have two players run a level for the upload, or do you think they just did this for the invitational? I know I'm not looking forward to the inevitable levels that let you get to the end only to find out that you needed a partner the whole time.

I would imagine that you won't get multi-required courses in solo play. It's Nintendo though so who knows.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If a level can only be beaten co-op it might be that you can only upload it co-op. Since otherwise if it was impossible for 1 player then a solo maker wouldn't be able to pass the upload test.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

J-Spot posted:

You almost certainly have to declare if it's a solo or multiplayer level while you're creating it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

New features revealed?

It tells you at the beginning of a stage what the course completion requirement is.
You can pick up a coop player and hold them over your head.
Glowing P-Switches and POW blocks? They appeared on a ghost house level in day theme.
Icicles can be walked on top of, and they hurt enemies when they fall.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 8, 2019

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

J-Spot posted:

:hai:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

New features revealed?

It tells you at the beginning of a stage what the course completion requirement is.
You can pick up a coop player and hold them over your head.
Glowing P-Switches and POW blocks? They appeared on a ghost house level in day theme.

It also demonstrated that falling icicles can damage enemies.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

It also demonstrated that falling icicles can damage enemies.

did we know that the top of icicles can be walked on?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega64 posted:

I would imagine that you won't get multi-required courses in solo play. It's Nintendo though so who knows.

Nintendo will probably just let you upload courses without clearing them, tbh

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

J-Spot posted:

They are invisible, you know

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

Nintendo will probably just let you upload courses without clearing them, tbh

I hope not.:lol:

If you’re going to post your lovely course for everyone then at least you should have to suffer through it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope not.:lol:

If you’re going to post your lovely course for everyone then at least you should have to suffer through it.

Well, in Mario Maker 1, you had to clear your own course, but it's Nintendo, so they'll probably take out the feature. They're not very smart when it comes to online. Or offline, really.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Takoluka posted:

Well, in Mario Maker 1, you had to clear your own course, but it's Nintendo, so they'll probably take out the feature. They're not very smart when it comes to online. Or offline, really.

Nintendo's dumb about online but not that dumb

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Those stages were pretty good but got I hate how they had to kill bowser. That took foreverrr.

Also I wish there was a POW block you could place and it's not able to be picked up- and can even float. I was kind of hoping for that when they showed the flashy ones.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Those stages were pretty good but got I hate how they had to kill bowser. That took foreverrr.

Also I wish there was a POW block you could place and it's not able to be picked up- and can even float. I was kind of hoping for that when they showed the flashy ones.

You want the Mario Bros arcade theme

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Regarding the earlier posts about the level that could only be beaten with two players, someone on reddit noticed that the level wasn't marked as uploaded. So, while it's possible there will be some method of uploading co-op only levels to be played in co-op mode (though, I think there is only a Multiplayer Vs. tag, no co-op), it might just be that co-op only levels will have to remain on your own Switch with no way to upload them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Takoluka posted:

There is zero reason to ever think this, unless your just an unhappy pessimist at all times.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is zero reason to ever think this, unless your just an unhappy pessimist at all times.

But it's Nintendo! They're always messing something up! They made you talk to people with your phone!!!!!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if you can stop the screen scroll if you place a line of blocks horizontally.

I liked making giant/tiny stages like Mario 3 had and using doors would be more authentic. Make the top half of the grid small. Bottom part of the grid is big. Door to swap between the two.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I guess they didn't want to blow the big reveal on Castle night theme.
Which is that it replaces Bowser,

with Bowsette.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hey I have a new request; can someone tell Reggie to go back to Nintendo and make them add moving walls; the kind that move up/down/left/right/diagonally and will crush you if you gently caress up? Also Charging Chucks. Thanks in advance.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can make moving walls with bullet blasters or blocks on tracks

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Argue posted:

Hey I have a new request; can someone tell Reggie to go back to Nintendo and make them add moving walls; the kind that move up/down/left/right/diagonally and will crush you if you gently caress up? Also Charging Chucks. Thanks in advance.

Baseball chucks, football chucks, hockey chucks, clapping chucks, or whistling chucks?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Chuck is too powerful for us too handle

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Is there any real reason that Chuck can't be in the game, or could we expect that in a future patch?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

zfleeman posted:

Is there any real reason that Chuck can't be in the game, or could we expect that in a future patch?

I could do a joke that wouldn't land about all the problems with including chucks in romhacks but no. They're exactly as complicated to include as Bowser Jr or boom boom

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Chucks are just Boom Boom with less CTE.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zfleeman posted:

Honestly there is not too much point to Chargin Chuck, as Boom Boom does the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not really. Boom boom can't shoot or throw ball, or act as a stationary jumping guard