Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm gonna make the mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

:yeah:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

multijoe posted:

I hope they allocate the game enough memory to load all on-rails objects when you enter an area now, so you can build rotating platforms and hazards without the spacing getting screwed up by them loading at the player's approach

Global cycles might make things a huge pain in the rear end to test, honestly.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pharohman777 posted:

I hope all the 8-bit extra characters like the smash bros cast and stuff get in again. Even stuff like the real car they put in for an ad campaign.

Mario Maker 2 will be absolute garbage trash if I cannot once again jump on Bowser with a Mercedes GLA.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega64 posted:

I'm going to make a level called "Boo This Level" and fill it with Boos.

Boo? This Level!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Just make and share levels. And play other levels.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nintendo just really seems to be hardcore about actually playing games with other people in the same room. I understand it, but I also understand that many people exist exclusively in online communities, so I can understand why people are upset about this.

What I don't understand is why online multiplayer in Mario Maker 2 is the last straw. Like it's Mario Maker, who cares? From what I remember from back in the day, part of the reason NSMB isn't held in high regard is because with everything else, multiplayer is a nightmare and barely enjoyable with you crashing into each other. Mega64 even made a joke about how it wasn't fun and how the bubble was a suicide button. Suddenly, people want that?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

U-DO Burger posted:

NSMB 4-player multiplayer was a sublime experience and I wish I could experience it again for the first time

we got sidelined for like half an hour because I had too much fun throwing my swearing friends off the skeleton roller coaster

Oh, I loved the poo poo out of it, but I also heard a constant stream of complaints and could never convince my friends to play with me.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon basically gates you from eating all the kids alive in Turf War with a Rank X squad, so I can understand the friend thing in that regard. During Splatfest, Salmon Run, and League Battles, you can team up with friends ad nauseum without issue. I never hear anyone mention that, though!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm pretty sure Kamek is a specific Magikoopa. You can toss a bunch of Magikoopas into a map, but there's only one Kamek around.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega64 posted:

I would imagine that you won't get multi-required courses in solo play. It's Nintendo though so who knows.

Nintendo will probably just let you upload courses without clearing them, tbh

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope not.:lol:

If you’re going to post your lovely course for everyone then at least you should have to suffer through it.

Well, in Mario Maker 1, you had to clear your own course, but it's Nintendo, so they'll probably take out the feature. They're not very smart when it comes to online. Or offline, really.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MonsterEnvy posted:

There is zero reason to ever think this, unless your just an unhappy pessimist at all times.

But it's Nintendo! They're always messing something up! They made you talk to people with your phone!!!!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If you don't mind the language barrier, Asuka is a Japanese Mario Maker player that's really good. She's chill, plays a lot of Super Expert-style stuff, and edits her videos to cut out most of the constant repeats if she dies a lot.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

She's really funny if you understand japanese, too

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of hers.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Argue posted:

I hope we get the Mario is Missing level theme

Only if I get to put in inane questions about the legality of photographing the Eiffel Tower at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tnega posted:

In SMM1 we had the amazing Goons Make Mario site. Given that miiverse went out to buy some milk, is there going to be a better way to engorge myself on all the goon levels than a google spreadsheet?

I imagine the Mario Maker Bookmark site still exists, so people could just link their profiles.