Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hope for more Boss enemies maybe the Koopalings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hope we get more new bosses then just Boom Boom. While similar to Bowser Jr I would love the Koopalings.

If I was responsible placing them in the game I would probably differentiate them in a way like this.

Jr: Same behavior as Maker 1. Does his short hops, fireballs, and once in a while ground pound.

Larry Vanilla Koopaling: Jumps around more aggressively and higher than Jr. While firing blasts that take about a second to launch. Starts to rapid fire them on his last hit. Most basic Koopaling.
Morton Heavy Koopaling: Jumps like Larry, but ground pounds when he does so. Fires an instant blast if he stuns Mario, which can guarantee damage if Mario is too close. Unique customization option can be merged with a Hammer/Sledge Bro to give him a hammer that gives him hammer throws, but he still chases Mario.
Wendy Special Shot Koopaling: Fires rings that bounce off objects and walls, increasing the number she fires based on her damage. Maybe combine her with Boomerang Bro to have her rings act as boomerangs.
Iggy Upgraded Vanilla Koopaling: Better Larry, is faster, jumps higher than him, and shoots his blasts out much faster. Combined with Chain Comp to give him his Comp chariot, which pulls him along the ground or if put on a track on it.
Roy Upgraded Heavy Koopaling: Better Morton, faster, more aggressive with ground pounds, shoots out blasts faster. Combined with Bill Blaster to give him a canon to shoot. (Red or Black)
Lemmy Alternate Special Shot Koopaling: Launches bouncing balls and rides one. Super Mushroom can be put on his ball instead of him to increase its size.
Ludwig Super Koopaling: Alternates between Homing blasts and Bursts of blasts. Flutter jumps into the air trying to remain above Mario. Can be combined with Magikoopa allow him flight and the ability to create two temporary duplicates.

Then of course there is a ton of a other stuff that can be universally combined with them that can edit their behavior. Combined with all the different stage layouts and stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly a full site is coming for the game soon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They did say they have not shown everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DalaranJ posted:

I don't have time to process this video fully right now so I'll just put it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4e2tKkTUlQ

By the way, today's footage makes it pretty clear that they didn't fix the spawn timing of piranha plants, so that's annoying.

This is apparently not all the enemies despite the title.

Also what do you mean about piranhas?

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 29, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

J-Spot posted:

3D World is really missing a lot of the basic gizmos. Tracks, on/off blocks, and moving/falling platforms are all MIA.

Some should just be variants you access through their main type. Goombrats, Pom Pom, fire bros, etc. I’d love it if they’re holding out on us and a few more are unlockable but I kind of doubt it.

There is apparently still some hidden stuff and Nintendo has not revealed everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Hundred Mario will probably still be around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Suspicious Cook posted:

On a side note, I hope we can put the on/off blocks on rails. I want to make a level where you have to prevent things from hitting the switches so your platform carrying you to victory doesn't get turned off.

This was one of the things shown in the direct.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DarkLich posted:

Have they confirmed the SMB1 desert theme yet?

Yes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember there is a Downvote option now. So if you don't like a level, you can downvote it, so it will come up less for other people.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Takoluka posted:

Well, in Mario Maker 1, you had to clear your own course, but it's Nintendo, so they'll probably take out the feature. They're not very smart when it comes to online. Or offline, really.

There is zero reason to ever think this, unless your just an unhappy pessimist at all times.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zfleeman posted:

Is there any real reason that Chuck can't be in the game, or could we expect that in a future patch?

Honestly there is not too much point to Chargin Chuck, as Boom Boom does the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Not really. Boom boom can't shoot or throw ball, or act as a stationary jumping guard

Yeah that's why I said not much point to Chargin Chuck. The other Chucks do different things.