Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Honestly, this "hammer power up" doesn't look like that big a deal to me. I'm assuming that fact I never played MM1 means I'm probably missing some ways to leverage it into interesting gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSbIkpLvHg

Q_res fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Andrigaar posted:

The community hype and the previews and that review are making it hard not to pre-order it.

It's a trap. I pre-ordered and pre-loaded, now it's just sitting there on my Switch screen, taunting me.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

He was just playing an underground Night theme level and it struck me, you could do some really cool levels inspired by 80s slasher flicks. Hidden Thwomps that can't hit you, but still shake the screen, a Boss that you see flashes of here and there throughout the level before you fight him at the end.

There's some serious potential there I think.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

That French guy is streaming SMM2 again, he's currently running around a level using the new Hammer power up. There's a couple surprising abilities for that power up.

The Hammer will destroy Thwomps when you swing it and Mario can toss blocks out to stand on.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Here you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

So, for whatever it's worth, here's a review that states you can download and edit other peoples levels.

https://wccftech.com/review/super-mario-maker-2-the-best-2d-mario-game/